Other News Source Rhyse Martin - The Man of a Million Rumours - Consolidated Thread.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think the club is only doing 2 year deals at the moment.

Based on that I'd offer him a 2 year, $700k deal.
Year 1 - $325k
Year 2 - $375k

With 4 month exclusivity (non poaching) period after Nov 2020 to re-sign/extend deal based on onfield performances.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah no comoent on that "1", doesnt deserve top dollar but a fair offer needs to be made to keep him on the books for sure.
Yeah I think he is worth keeping also. But let's say Jackson is on 600k and is a former state and Australian rep, possibly returning to state team this year, and captain of our club, then we can't be paying any more then 300k for Martin. Especially given he is still pretty inconsistent (remember a few weeks back when he had the ball stripped from him twice in one game) and we have so many other backrowers on the books.
So if the UK want to offer him "top dollar" then he will have to take it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Rhyse is dropped again, he's obviously gone next year. It's a shame because he's a good player that another coach could have brought the best out of. It wouldn't surprise me to see him play like he did last year at another club. I still think he has a lot to offer.

Seeing as he's going elsewhere, they should try and do a player swap or mid season release to the Cowboys to get some more cap space this season and a roster spot. Why keep him around if Pay won't play him and he won't be here next year?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hope he gets a release asap and plays somewhere else so I can get his SC points lol. But seriously the Dragons should jump at him to play on their right edge.

ASR010

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Rhyse is dropped again, he's obviously gone next year. It's a shame because he's a good player that another coach could have brought the best out of. It wouldn't surprise me to see him play like he did last year at another club. I still think he has a lot to offer.

Seeing as he's going elsewhere, they should try and do a player swap or mid season release to the Cowboys to get some more cap space this season and a roster spot. Why keep him around if Pay won't play him and he won't be here next year?

Why are we talking about him being dropped again? Did i miss something?

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone know how true this is? It’s just started popping up everywhere.

ASR010

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Seeing it everywhere as well.. makes sense and can't blame him tbh.. apparently he's fighting the club for a release.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yea seems to add up with him on the outer with the club and pay. And he said he didn’t wanna leave Sydney.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Good luck to him, poorly treated by Pay. Hopefully the move happens asap and his back kicking goals and racking up scores for SC, also might potentially open up the opportunity for us to make a mid season signing

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing it everywhere as well.. makes sense and can't blame him tbh.. apparently he's fighting the club for a release.
given coach doesn't rate him it would make sense to move pre jun 30 and free up some space

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Coach dropped him 1 game and now he’s starting. the coach doesn’t like him and treats him poorly? Have I missed something?