Other News Source Rhyse Martin - The Man of a Million Rumours - Consolidated Thread.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hearing shit has hit the fan inside the dressing rooms and Martin is looking for a release to join Parra?!

Anyone else here about this?

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Considering Parra have lost Nathan Brown for the year with a torn pec, they are now down a forward.

On the Parra site they have a 29 man squad and not 30.

Considering both of the above, it could possibly be very true

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL Lurker: Rhyse Martin's fitness levels the cause of Bulldogs snubbing
Martin was one of the Bulldogs’ best players in the second half of last season.

Written By THE LURKER@TheNRLLurker
The team lists are out, Penrith has gone from title contenders to pretenders in a week (or so i'm told) and commentators have rediscovered their love for the refs.

God, it’s good to have footy back.

As usual, my dumpster-diving through the seedier parts of League Land has dug up some gold.

Feast your eyes on the latest.

• Getty Images
    Martin in the Dog house
    Rhyse Martin is on the lookout for a new club after a reported falling out with Bulldogs coach Dean Pay.

The Papua New Guinean international was a surprise omission from the Bulldogs team for round one and most critics expected him to be recalled in the wake of the mauling by the Warriors.

But Martin has again failed to make the Bulldogs’ 21-man squad for this weekend’s clash with Parramatta - a clear sign that he is on the outer.

I’m hearing that the pair disagreed over Martin’s fitness level over the off season and Pay has decided to brush the 26-year-old from Cairns.

Martin was one of the Bulldogs’ best players in the second half of last season after breaking into the top grade side and played strongly in the NSW Cup last weekend.

I’m hearing the Cowboys are keen to pick him up for 2020 - but the way things are going at the Bulldogs at the moment, they could even get him sooner.

Several other clubs are also interested in the nuggety back-rower.

• Getty Images
    The Raiders’ stumbling block
    The Raiders continue to deny that they have signed English Test halfback George Williams from Wigan - but I’m hearing it’s a done deal.

The stumbling block in negotiations was a massive transfer fee placed on the talented halfback by the struggling Wigan club.

I’m hearing Wigan demanded 400,000 pounds but the Raiders bartered them down to a more reasonable amount.

The Raiders are flush with funds at the moment, with former club chief executive Simon Hawkins now the head of a powerful conglomerate of clubs in the ACT determined to make the Raiders a force in the NRL once again.

McInnes going nowhere
    There’s been plenty of talk in recent days about the Dragons’ two hookers - Cameron McInnes and Reece Robson.

The Eels are said to be keen on McInnes, while the Bulldogs have their eyes on Robson.

I’m hearing the Robson deal is all but done at Belmore but Dragons fans can relax about McInnes - the coaching staff at Saints rate him highly and there is no way they will be letting him go anywhere.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m hearing the Robson deal is all but done at Belmore but Dragons fans can relax about McInnes - the coaching staff at Saints rate him highly and there is no way they will be letting him go anywhere.

Oh, my fuck please be true. I have no idea who he is and if he's actually good or not but I will take ANY other number 9 at the moment.

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Release Martin
Buy Robson

but wait ! there is more... for today only we will even throw in Lichaa for good measure.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously, what's Adam Perry up to these days? Hetherington still looks fit.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If they sign Robson that's great..

But it's not like we have a loaded squad brimming with talent. If it's true about Martin's fitness, keep him in reserves til he's ready to go and keep him in the squad.

He's not locked up long term so there's no incentive to move him as it doesn't ease cap pressure. He was too good last season to just cast aside so soon..

It's proven duds like Elliott, Lichaa, Tolman Foran, JMK and others who need to be shipped around to anyone that's interested at pretty much any price.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
we are not lacking in backrowers so I won't hate it IF only if we can get a decent centre or hooker out of it ..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hearing shit has hit the fan inside the dressing rooms and Martin is looking for a release to join Parra?!

Anyone else here about this?
fuck letting him go to parra... what can they offer is in return that we need, absolutely nothing! not even in wenty... trade to the dragons makes more sense.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If we were to give him to the Cowboys though in prep for 2020, i wouldnt mind getting Ben Hampton... have him cover centre until we find a suitable replacement. Also punt JMK and we actually have a useful utility

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll believe it when the club says something. The media are loving the first round loss. It's giving them plenty of excuses to have digs at us. And Martin stuck with the club patiently until he got his debut. I doubt he'll be throwing a hissy fit about missing out in round 1. I am not going to be shocked if rumours of him wanting out are true. But he seems pretty level headed.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Robson Meaney Foran and Lewis , cogger .. half decent spine . Better than hoopa . I really like hoopa I think he’s safe as houses but it’s time to get him back into centres. His defence is so much better then Montoya and holland . Move hollan back to right side to combine with smith and leave hoopa with critjcon and have Meaney float around

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they sign Robson that's great..

But it's not like we have a loaded squad brimming with talent. If it's true about Martin's fitness, keep him in reserves til he's ready to go and keep him in the squad.

He's not locked up long term so there's no incentive to move him as it doesn't ease cap pressure. He was too good last season to just cast aside so soon..

It's proven duds like Elliott, Lichaa, Tolman Foran, JMK and others who need to be shipped around to anyone that's interested at pretty much any price.
The problem is no other team want any of them, were stuck with them until their contract is up.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin wan'ts out like the Morris Bros, Klemmer because it will be a long time before the dogs win a premiership, if Pay isn't gonna give him a place in fg then piss him off and like previous kennelers said buy Robson, Martin won't re-sign anyway so why keep him but it's gonna come back and bite the dog's when he's playing great for another club, there's definitely something wrong at this club with quality players wanting to jump ship, when will all of this negative shit stop? I miss the old day's when the Bulldogs were talked about by the way we smashed other teams, in my life supporting the Dog's which is 39 years have I ever heard we are favourites for the wooden spoon until this season.
We've have well and truly hit rock bottom, let's see if the saying is true once you've hit rock bottom the only way is up and come sunday arvo we'll see.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay needs to go. I’m sorry but he’s just clueless. Im lost for words. I want to ship him and John Olive off to Canada to join the Wolfpack. Get the fuck away from Belmore. A plane ride is just enough distance.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Oh, my fuck please be true. I have no idea who he is and if he's actually good or not but I will take ANY other number 9 at the moment.
I bloody hope this is truth .. he be a great 9 .. be a good signing!!