Other News Source Rhyse Martin - The Man of a Million Rumours - Consolidated Thread.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lichaa, Foran and JMK for sure. I agree.

But a few clubs would definitely take Tolman and to a lesser extent Elliott if made available.

I'd be happy if they just came to a settlement with Foran and paid him out right now to rid the club of the stench of Des and Foz's his fading career.
I know you're not the only one saying it but this was the most recent one so i'll quote it.
I don't think Foran was THAT bad on the weekend given our forwards were more backwards.
He held his own in defense with some big guys running at him.
He continued to take it to the line even after getting smashed several times (And an seemingly unnoticed shoulder charge from Tevanga).
I get that people are mad because of the money he is on but we have far bigger issues with our centres and hooker.
I am prepared to see how he goes over the next few games before calling anything.

Exactly. How about this spoilt little brat show some appreciation for the chance the Dogs gave him and put in the effort, rather than chuck a tanty and want to leave? He's can't be the only NRL player to be left out because his fitness isn't up to scratch. Its round 1 FFS.

Anyway, its a 30 man squad, they can't all play. Pay has said he'll be rotating the backrow throughout the year.
Agreed.
This is not a permanent banishment to reserve grade unless he chooses for it to be by having a sook and playing/training poorly.
What it should be is a wake up call for him to train hard and show commitment and then he can be rewarded with a place in the team.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I know you're not the only one saying it but this was the most recent one so i'll quote it.
I don't think Foran was THAT bad on the weekend given our forwards were more backwards.
He held his own in defense with some big guys running at him.
He continued to take it to the line even after getting smashed several times (And an seemingly unnoticed shoulder charge from Tevanga).
I get that people are mad because of the money he is on but we have far bigger issues with our centres and hooker.
I am prepared to see how he goes over the next few games before calling anything.
I get what you're saying but I never did want him to be at the club, it was always a horrible signing and he's doing nothing to prove otherwise. I just don't think he can make a positive difference anymore, no matter how hard he tries.

It's not his fault Des gave him a $4 million superannuation plan and that is why we're all so bitter towards Foran.. But the longer he's at the club, the longer it will take to move forward in my opinion.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Did I miss something in the SBW closed threads. Are the rumours 100% false and been rubbished by the man himself ?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did I miss something in the SBW closed threads. Are the rumours 100% false and been rubbished by the man himself ?
they have not been closed, they been merged into one thread and that thread is in the rumours sub forum , because by definition, it is a rumour.. I didn't seen the need for 5 threads discussing the same topic.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has allready agreed to terms with raiders(George williams)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has allready agreed to terms with raiders(George williams)
I assumed as much. Still, its frustrating that our club isn't following Canberra's lead and trying to sign good English players..

Bateman looks great so far. Meanwhile, we probably spent more money on Dylan Napa, a proven average player. Great recruitment there.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Martin wan'ts out like the Morris Bros, Klemmer because it will be a long time before the dogs win a premiership, if Pay isn't gonna give him a place in fg then piss him off and like previous kennelers said buy Robson, Martin won't re-sign anyway so why keep him but it's gonna come back and bite the dog's when he's playing great for another club, there's definitely something wrong at this club with quality players wanting to jump ship, when will all of this negative shit stop? I miss the old day's when the Bulldogs were talked about by the way we smashed other teams, in my life supporting the Dog's which is 39 years have I ever heard we are favourites for the wooden spoon until this season.
We've have well and truly hit rock bottom, let's see if the saying is true once you've hit rock bottom the only way is up and come sunday arvo we'll see.
It's bloody so depressing and needs fixing immediately. No team ever has had the turn around in roster replacing internationals/good players with inferior as we have.

Previously layers wanted to come here (and we had the hide to laugh at Rorters as the transit lounge!) but we are looking like a joke and chaos reins.

We dont know if Martin wants to leave but not getting picked after last year winning games for us, is diabolical on Pay's behalf when he persists with dead set plodders who offer less.

The club is a sham atm.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They should be closed, it's a complete load of bullshit of the highest order, no way he's ever coming back to play for the dogs and I'm glad

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone who says Fualalo should be dumped have a look at the facts. He made 10 hit ups 110 metres,15 tackles,1 missed tackles in 29 minutes. Napa made 9 hitups, 71 metres, 22 tackles, 4 missed tackles in 43 minutes. Tell me why Fualalo should be dumped again?
Absolutely, Danny is the least of our problems!

He looks about 5kg lighter and a fuck more leaner from this, meaning he just seems more mobile.

I thought he was good on the weekend.

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone who says Fualalo should be dumped have a look at the facts. He made 10 hit ups 110 metres,15 tackles,1 missed tackles in 29 minutes. Napa made 9 hitups, 71 metres, 22 tackles, 4 missed tackles in 43 minutes. Tell me why Fualalo should be dumped again?
Josh Jacksons stats are one of the worst of the forwards.. 76 metres 32 tackles, 3 missed tackles out of 80 mins

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He cant be any more unfit than the 1st 17 that were on show last week....

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think he came into this season expecting to get named in Top 17, so took the foot off the pedal in training and coasted, expecting to be named.

Found out the hard way there is no free ticket when others are training harder and better.

Up to him now, train hard and perform well on field and give Pay no other option BUT to choose him, or crack the sads, get the shits and fade into oblivion as another "one season wonder", who rode the wave of expectation rather than delivery.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Jacksons stats are one of the worst of the forwards.. 76 metres 32 tackles, 3 missed tackles out of 80 mins
Jackson shouldn’t be playing on the edge. He’d be a much better lock like we saw when he last played origin. I’m not sure why but once a player becomes captain of our club their form seems to go backwards

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score

Really? People got short memories. Rhyse steps up when given the chance.

Has more talent in his big toe than the likes of Elliot and JMK for example.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Really? People got short memories. Rhyse steps up when given the chance.

Has more talent in his big toe than the likes of Elliot and JMK for example.
Martin is a skilful smart player...we don’t have many of them left in this current squad. Play him 10mins less Deano, but ffs play him!!

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin is a skilful smart player...we don’t have many of them left in this current squad. Play him 10mins less Deano, but ffs play him!!
Pay will wait until we are 0-5 or there’s an injury before Martin gets his chance

Gubanaculum

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Martins stats last week were pretty good 66 min for 131 mts 24 tackles .....although ogden 54 min,201 mts, 22 tackles.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If RFM has another shocker and Martin/C Smith fire in their grades, one of them might snag a spot.

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dean Pays team selections and use of bench are not that good .
JMK on bench,Montoya in centre etc and last year wasn't that much better .
Last year he didn't make a change until too late and fear this year will be the same .
Martin should be starting player as not a real impact player like RFM or CHN or at very least bench .
If they blame fitness he could argue that they played beastwood last year and he one of the most unfit players ever.
He should of made a statement and be true to his word and drop/promote a player on his performance .
That way he would get the team thinking f### we have to perform or risk getting dropped .

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jackson shouldn’t be playing on the edge. He’d be a much better lock like we saw when he last played origin. I’m not sure why but once a player becomes captain of our club their form seems to go backwards
The old captains curse at the Doggies!!