Social Media Return for Reynolds??

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cotric will stay at Canberra. They've said they'll lock him up soon and I can't see why he'd leave to join us. It's a shame as he'd be a great signing.

Flegler will probably stay but should be targeted. Still, it's more likely he joins the Titans or someone to stay in Queensland..

Watson would be interesting but he can't play 80 minutes at hooker and if he left Newcastle, I could see him at Manly or something.

Fifita is a pipe dream even if he would transform our team. From within, it's stupid that the club haven't even re-signed Wakeham yet.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Cotric will stay at Canberra. They've said they'll lock him up soon and I can't see why he'd leave to join us. It's a shame as he'd be a great signing.

Flegler will probably stay but should be targeted. Still, it's more likely he joins the Titans or someone to stay in Queensland..

Watson would be interesting but he can't play 80 minutes at hooker and if he left Newcastle, I could see him at Manly or something.

Fifita is a pipe dream even if he would transform our team. From within, it's stupid that the club haven't even re-signed Wakeham yet.
For us to sign Cotric we'd have to sign him on a Gagai like contract (thereabouts) which is rumoured to be 700k. Money is going to be Cotric's only incentive to join us. The problem is this applies to almost any top talent we're looking at. That is why the club has targeted "rejects" and opportunists up until now hopefully. I think we're just going to have to bite the bullet, we just need to make sure we're doing it on the right players.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
talk we are after Reynolds & Mbye in a package deal

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why the Wests Tigers have backflipped on star five-eighth Josh Reynolds

Josh Reynolds’ mooted return to Canterbury is far from certain with Wests Tigers officials reluctant to release the playmaker due to uncertainty around their roster.

Nearly 12 months after telling Josh Reynolds he was free to leave, the Wests Tigers are now digging their claws in over the star playmaker.

The Daily Telegraph revealed this week that the Bulldogs are keen on luring their former favourite son back to Belmore, but Tigers officials are reluctant to release Reynolds due to uncertainty around the salary cap and the future of veteran five-eighth Benji Marshall.

Canterbury has been making inquiries about Reynold’s tenure at the Tigers after the former State of Origin-winning NSW No.6 was told in July last year he had permission to negotiate with rival teams despite having two seasons remaining on his estimated $750,000 contract.

The shopping around of Reynolds was prompted when Marshall indicated a desire to play on in 2020, meaning the Tigers wouldn’t need two five-eighths, particularly not one sitting outside first grade on big money.

Nine months on, Reynolds’ future at the Tigers will once again hinge on Marshall opting to continue his stellar career or retire.

However, the Tigers thinking has changed and they now don’t want to release Reynolds in case Marshall decides to hang up the boots, as it will cost them a playmaker already contracted for 2021.

Marshall told reporters on Thursday that he remains undecided about playing next season.

“I have always said I’d rather just weigh that up at the end of the season and see how the body is feeling and if I feel good enough mentally and physically to go again, then I will,” Marshall said.

“If I don’t, then I won’t.

“But there was a point I was more worried about the game than me, that maybe we weren’t [going to get back] with how serious it (the virus) was getting around the world.

“I suppose it’s lucky we are back because I would have had to think about what I would have done next year if we didn’t get to play, I don’t have to think about that anymore.”

Reynolds is earning approximately $750,000 a season for the next two years, which is significant money for a player who has been restricted to just 14 games in the past three seasons at the Tigers due to injury.

It’s why Wests officials were willing to release the five-eighth if he found a suitable club to create space under the cap.

But there is also a belief from the Tigers that Reynolds wants to stay at Concord after the club staunchly defended him against domestic violence allegations from his former partner, which were dropped following false claims to clear his name of any wrongdoing.

He also played 80 minutes at halfback in the Tigers’ opening two games against St George Illawarra and Newcastle prior to the NRL’s shutdown in March, although he faces tough competition to retain the No.7 jumper with Luke Brooks set to return from a calf injury.

Reynolds has also previously indicated that he is open to a Canterbury homecoming.

The Bulldogs remain interested in their former fan favourite and have room to move in their salary cap for this year following the deregistration of Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor due to the schoolgirl sex scandal.

Marshall hopes Reynolds stays at the Tigers, but he understands if he returns to Canterbury where he made his debut and played 138 NRL games.

“I have been in Josh’s position where I’ve been at another club and the Tigers was my home,” said Marshall, who left Brisbane for a Wests Tigers homecoming in 2018.

“I just said to Josh if that happens and you go back to where you were at the Bulldogs that you love, no one is going to hold that against you.

“Josh is the type of person who wants to stay loyal and feel like he owes something to the club.

“If it does eventuate then that is all good and if it doesn’t, we love having him here.

“I’ve been in that position and yeah it’s tough but what you have to do is weigh up all the things that are best for you and while you have a contract at a club you’re more than to stay but if you choose to go elsewhere then that’s up to. I love the grub; I love having him here and I hope he stays.

“He’s one of the best guys to be around. Even though he’s got blonde hair at the moment and looks shit, we’ll still have him.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/9914cbb05ca4b0980224ef28178b763f

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Josh Reynolds’ mooted return to Canterbury is far from certain with Wests Tigers officials reluctant to release the playmaker due to uncertainty around their roster.

Nearly 12 months after telling Josh Reynolds he was free to leave, the Wests Tigers are now digging their claws in over the star playmaker.

The Daily Telegraph revealed this week that the Bulldogs are keen on luring their former favourite son back to Belmore, but Tigers officials are reluctant to release Reynolds due to uncertainty around the salary cap and the future of veteran five-eighth Benji Marshall.

Canterbury has been making inquiries about Reynold’s tenure at the Tigers after the former State of Origin-winning NSW No.6 was told in July last year he had permission to negotiate with rival teams despite having two seasons remaining on his estimated $750,000 contract.

The shopping around of Reynolds was prompted when Marshall indicated a desire to play on in 2020, meaning the Tigers wouldn’t need two five-eighths, particularly not one sitting outside first grade on big money.

Nine months on, Reynolds’ future at the Tigers will once again hinge on Marshall opting to continue his stellar career or retire.

However, the Tigers thinking has changed and they now don’t want to release Reynolds in case Marshall decides to hang up the boots, as it will cost them a playmaker already contracted for 2021.

Marshall told reporters on Thursday that he remains undecided about playing next season.

“I have always said I’d rather just weigh that up at the end of the season and see how the body is feeling and if I feel good enough mentally and physically to go again, then I will,” Marshall said.

“But there was a point I was more worried about the game than me, that maybe we weren’t [going to get back] with how serious it (the virus) was getting around the world.

“I suppose it’s lucky we are back because I would have had to think about what I would have done next year if we didn’t get to play, I don’t have to think about that anymore.”

Reynolds is earning approximately $750,000 a season for the next two years, which is significant money for a player who has been restricted to just 14 games in the past three seasons at the Tigers due to injury.

It’s why Wests officials were willing to release the five-eighth if he found a suitable club to create space under the cap.

But there is also a belief from the Tigers that Reynolds wants to stay at Concord after the club staunchly defended him against domestic violence allegations from his former partner, which were dropped following false claims to clear his name of any wrongdoing.

He also played 80 minutes at halfback in the Tigers’ opening two games against St George Illawarra and Newcastle prior to the NRL’s shutdown in March, although he faces tough competition to retain the No.7 jumper with Luke Brooks set to return from a calf injury.

Reynolds has also previously indicated that he is open to a Canterbury homecoming.

The Bulldogs remain interested in their former fan favourite and have room to move in their salary cap for this year following the deregistration of Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor due to the schoolgirl sex scandal.

Marshall hopes Reynolds stays at the Tigers, but he understands if he returns to Canterbury where he made his debut and played 138 NRL games.

“I have been in Josh’s position where I’ve been at another club and the Tigers was my home,” said Marshall, who left Brisbane for a Wests Tigers homecoming in 2018.

“I just said to Josh if that happens and you go back to where you were at the Bulldogs that you love, no one is going to hold that against you.

“Josh is the type of person who wants to stay loyal and feel like he owes something to the club.

“If it does eventuate then that is all good and if it doesn’t, we love having him here.

“I’ve been in that position and yeah it’s tough but what you have to do is weigh up all the things that are best for you and while you have a contract at a club you’re more than to stay but if you choose to go elsewhere then that’s up to. I love the grub; I love having him here and I hope he stays.

“He’s one of the best guys to be around. Even though he’s got blonde hair at the moment and looks shit, we’ll still have him.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/9914cbb05ca4b0980224ef28178b763f
Hope this it true about the Tigers wanting to keep him and not just a ploy to get the Dogs to pay a higher amount of the deal....

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Fmd these idiots at the club are genuinely interested in Josh.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Throw the money at Cotric . Josh Morris 2.0 just needs a team that he can flourish in full time, Morris was stuck behind cooper and gasnier. I’ll give Moore one thing his recruiting in 08-09 was amazing, the forwards and players he brought in were the best. Ennis, kimmorley, stag, Hannant, Morris, Eastwood. All of them had experience . I just think another mongrel forward, let’s hope Stimson comes to fire he’s a ball playing forward , then even Maloney for 2 years to get us on track. We need a name any name to build the team around, courier mail said we might be interested in Milford .. no from me. To hot and cold ..
We can’t attract players like cortical unless we pay overs....not exactly appealing to come to a club with a shit roster and rookie coach

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For us to sign Cotric we'd have to sign him on a Gagai like contract (thereabouts) which is rumoured to be 700k. Money is going to be Cotric's only incentive to join us. The problem is this applies to almost any top talent we're looking at. That is why the club has targeted "rejects" and opportunists up until now hopefully. I think we're just going to have to bite the bullet, we just need to make sure we're doing it on the right players.
I'd pay 700k for him easy, kids a beast and can break tackles at will. Players like this make shit halves look good

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surely someone is taking the piss, this is all just a big media beat up and there is zero chance of this happening

Reynolds, again

DeficientSardonicGosling-small.gif

No need to say anymore

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope this it true about the Tigers wanting to keep him and not just a ploy to get the Dogs to pay a higher amount of the deal....
Nail-Head. Tuggers are only interested in paying less of JR's contract if he does return to the Dogs.
Fuck Off Tuggers, keep him.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pay was just on Nine news and was asked about Grub and confirmed the club had a interest in him.....
if you are only paying 100-200k of his contract for a year or two it’s not the worse buy. If we are paying his 750k then god help us

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you are only paying 100-200k of his contract for a year or two it’s not the worse buy. If we are paying his 750k then god help us
We have some promising halves that will get roadblocked by him coming back and if he plays hooker you really have to question if his body could handle it. We also help the Tigers by getting rid of a shit contract for them. I really see no upside no matter how much we pay.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pay said earlier that he hasn’t spoke to josh Reynolds..