Social Media Return for Reynolds??

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wondering if you have an update on your post from Saturday?
I still have the same opinion. If you take out the terrible start (first 25 minutes) which was a result of six agains, penalties and errors I thought we played decent. There was a period where we should of scored one or two tries and didn't even tho we got very close. We were expected to lose 13+ and I don't think the game represented losing by 36 points. We were much better this game than when we played Manly. The effort was there for the entire game. I'm always going to come back with we don't have a competitive roster and we don't have the cattle to compete against top four teams, especially. Pay is a rebuild coach, I still want a top coach, just one isn't available. Unless Pay loses the dressing room I think he should be here for at least one more year (no point getting someone at the same level or worse, maybe Craig Fitzgibbon is a good option). I'd say the players are more at fault than Pay but it isn't their fault previous management ruined our salary cap. I'm not as upset at that performance than others we've had. My biggest concern from last night is Napa.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I still have the same opinion. If you take out the terrible start (first 25 minutes) which was a result of six agains, penalties and errors I thought we played decent. There was a period where we should of scored one or two tries and didn't even tho we got very close. We were expected to lose 13+ and I don't think the game represented losing by 36 points. We were much better this game than when we played Manly. The effort was there for the entire game. I'm always going to come back with we don't have a competitive roster and we don't have the cattle to compete against top four teams, especially. Pay is a rebuild coach, I still want a top coach, just one isn't available. Unless Pay loses the dressing room I think he should be here for at least one more year (no point getting someone at the same level or worse, maybe Craig Fitzgibbon is a good option). I'd say the players are more at fault than Pay but it isn't their fault previous management ruined our salary cap. I'm not as upset at that performance than others we've had. My biggest concern from last night is Napa.
And the issue of not being able to sign better players because they want a good coach? Is this a factor in your opinion?

So when would you think Craig Fitzgibbon should be made an offer to coach us if you feel he is an option?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And the issue of not being able to sign better players because they want a good coach? Is this a factor in your opinion?

So when would you think Craig Fitzgibbon should be made an offer to coach us if you feel he is an option?
I don't think the coach is an issuse. Knights recruited with Nathan Brown who has a worse win % than Pay (Brown also had a worse roster until his last two years). I think the biggest reason why we haven't signed anyone is either 1: we're not paying overs, or at least enough overs, and we're penny pinching (will not work if we want top players for 2021 and we're going to be forced to use 95% of our salary cap so where is the money going to be spent) or 2: we haven't tried to sign anyone - which obviously isn't the case. From what I've heard others say players just want to know who the coach for 2021 is (if we're paying overs almost irreverent imo), so the board need to make a decision now if they're re-signing Pay for one more year or is there a top coach available (which there isn't).

Like I said above if the club want to go down the path of changing coach without a top coach being available (I personally wouldn't with what's available, possibly Fitzgibbon as the only option) they have to make contact with whoever coach they're after and announce it now/soon. Fitzgibbon won't come until 2021 anyways but at least players would know who the coach is. If we re-sign Pay players will know who the coach is.

At this stage I'm blaming the board more than Pay or the players who I have on equal blame (what's happened/happening isn't their fault and they're doing their best). Also Harry Grant (and other players I've wanted) not signing is a board/recruitment team problem (Pay's involved in the recruitment but lets be real he doesn't have much say). Things like that are my biggest concern.