Opinion Restaurant for Lunch

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Bearded Dragon does a good feed, plus it's got an animal farm for the kids, and live music out the back on weekends, set back in the bush at the base of the mountain, its a great little secluded surprise.
Bearded dragon sounds like a nickname for a mother in law

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I'm eating with a lot of family we usually just do a Chinese restaurant. Everyone chooses a dish and we dump them all in the middle of the table and create a smorgasbord. Unless someone specifically only wants what they order that usually works well for my family. Only issue with this is with who gets the last spring roll etc.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I had Canard à la Presse at Porcine about 2 weeks ago, was amazing. Does have a few seafood dishes and for larger tables is usually shared/dego only. Horrible place to get to and find any parking though.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
No but is this what I have to look forward to? And from your experience what can u do about it?
You’d have to find another Benjamin Button type, I’m more a blue whale crossed with Penfolds grange :grinning:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
You’d have to find another Benjamin Button type, I’m more a blue whale crossed with Penfolds grange :grinning:
So you really are Barry O'Farrell - suddenly so much makes sense 8-)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
That looked great especially when I saw Love Buds... thinking 2 birds 1 stone.

Then I discovered thats fake meat.

You a bad man.
Best ribs in Australia dude.

XPICATE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just go to brazilian bbq and get everyone pissed.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Jensens in Kareela would probably tick most of your boxes @Doogie. Southside, budget, food choice etc. Has seafood but for those who won’t go there also has pizza and even a Rueben if that’s ya thing. Not sure about dress code for the MIL but you might get away with it for lunch. I thought it was pretty good overall.

www.jensensrestaurant.com.au

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Jensens in Kareela would probably tick most of your boxes @Doogie. Southside, budget, food choice etc. Has seafood but for those who won’t go there also has pizza and even a Rueben if that’s ya thing. Not sure about dress code for the MIL but you might get away with it for lunch. I thought it was pretty good overall.

www.jensensrestaurant.com.au
A Reuben? Look over to the left of the screen - Lizard Fckng Lord ! U want me to eat a fckng sandwich? Me first - subjects 2nd. Is this so hard to understand?

Seriously, actually been there. Its ok but I wouldn't make an effort to do it again. Yes - I'm a snob.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously, actually been there. Its ok but I wouldn't make an effort to do it again. Yes - I'm a snob.
Fair enough. The only other one I can remember in that ‘hood that wasn’t a long long time ago in a galaxy far far away was Mike’s Grill in Sutherland. Good steaks but also has pasta, nachos, schnitties etc. Not that posh but pretty good and affordable.

www.mikesgrill.com.au

If this doesn’t pass muster then I’m out!