Replacements for CHN ?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There aren't a lot of good edge second rowers worth signing. Topine is definitely a candidate long term with RFM starting there while Topine finds his feet..

Topine should be playing off the bench this season to give him a taste of FG and to better prepare him for next season.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
There aren't a lot of good edge second rowers worth signing. Topine is definitely a candidate long term with RFM starting their while Topine finds his feet..

Topine should be playing off the bench this season to give him a taste of FG and to better prepare him for next season.
Blood topine and piatavo

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any thoughts on Jack de Belin??? He comes of contract this year but of cause will have to wait to see what happens with the rest of his court case.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any thoughts on Jack de Belin??? He comes of contract this year but of cause will have to wait to see what happens with the rest of his court case.
If De Bellin is ever allowed to play, he'll most likely play for Saints as they've stood by him all of this time.

Can you imagine the negative press if we signed an alleged rapist?

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although CHN is a f..king wanker I'm sure we're all sorry at losing his talent. Foran was definitely effective with CHN running off his passes and kicks.

I don't watch a lot of games other than Dogs games. Just wondering who we could sign who would be of similar talent in the backrow ?

The only players of similar talent or better I'm aware of are Fifita or Bateman and we're certainly not getting them
Go hard for fifita

Malla

Reaction score
Could probably now use that cash to keep Elliot? Depending how much for.

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Probably have to give Stimson another crack and hope he gets fitter in the off season.
Agreed.
It was interesting seeing Aiden Guerra being interviewed on last weeks Sunday Footy show where he stated that the off-season with O'Brien was very tough.
Obrien's apprenticeship with the Storm and Roosters has taught him the importance of fitness particularly with the new style of play.

Hopefully Barrett instils this hard work ethic into the Dogs who do seem that little bit slower in all facets of the game comparatively and certainly require to be a fitter squad for the 2021 season if they hope to be competitive.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed.
It was interesting seeing Aiden Guerra being interviewed on last weeks Sunday Footy show where he stated that the off-season with O'Brien was very tough.
Obrien's apprenticeship with the Storm and Roosters has taught him the importance of fitness particularly with the new style of play.

Hopefully Barrett instils this hard work ethic into the Dogs who do seem that little bit slower in all facets of the game comparatively and certainly require to be a fitter squad for the 2021 season if they hope to be competitive.
Yes fitness hasn’t looked great since we have come back from lock down. We play tough footy but lack fitness and skill. Optimistic though Baz has a solid plan for us going forward. Stimson is a good player he just looked really unfit in the 2 games he played.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not a direct replacement but josh Kerr from the dragons would be awesome, I thought he had a real impact when he came on against us last weekend and is in my opinion a player just on the verge of taking that next step

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Make a play for tohu harris or cohen hess
I like the idea of Cohen Hess as I think he has plenty of footy still in him but might need a change of scenery. I also would like to nab Scott Sorenson, would be reasonable price and is a mobile forward with a step.

Malla

Reaction score
Lets not forget how inconsistent CHN was. He was dropped a few times to the bench last season, even struggled to make the team at one point.

Good player, but clearly footy isn't his biggest priority in life. Case in point with the school girl situation.

Wish him the best. I would assume Barrett didn't care for him leaving - probably means more salary cap space for him to spend elsewhere.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Although CHN is a f..king wanker I'm sure we're all sorry at losing his talent. Foran was definitely effective with CHN running off his passes and kicks.

I don't watch a lot of games other than Dogs games. Just wondering who we could sign who would be of similar talent in the backrow ?

The only players of similar talent or better I'm aware of are Fifita or Bateman and we're certainly not getting them
Last year everyone seemed to think we had some good second rowers coming through, unfortunately COVID screwed us with there development this year, they won’t be ready for next year now I would say. I’m not sure who we could target but definitely need to replace him with someone. I dare say we resign Elliot and keep playing RFM, also we have Chris smith who looked good before he got injured.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
CHN played a lot like another centre, playing out very wide.
His replacement should be a back rower who plays like a back rower.
Cotric will replace CHN in most of the stuff he done.