• Roberts

Votes: 32 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The safest option would be Wright with Roberts on the bench incase.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wright is NOT the safest option, unless you want to turn over possession every 5 minutes.

Moore was at the game on Saturday, Lett tore shreds out of Tigers defence.

It's a no brainer really.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He has interviewed countless players inc Greenburg! He has an interview in there now with Barbra.
Today we interview John Doe from the Bulldogs.

Me: Hey John how is the fullback role going?
JD: Yeah great mate, I bulked up in the offseason, and continually practice under the high ball.
Me: Was the Bulldogs the first club you wanted to be at?
JD: I've always liked the Bulldogs and their family values made it a no brainer.
Me: Last year you had a bumper season off the bench, given your choice of positions, where would you play?
JD: I prefer the halves, but I'm warming to the fullback role.
Me: Thanks for your time John Doe.
JD: No problems, take care.

================

See my point now?

To be clearer, he sends out an email claiming Tim Lafai is the replacement, then follows with an email stating his source (aka Bull****) was incorrect. He later on after this posts on the forum (BnW) stating that Tim Lafai is a rumor.

So he starts a rumor then uses that as a source to validate his comments.

*sigh*

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
Today we interview John Doe from the Bulldogs.

Me: Hey John how is the fullback role going?
JD: Yeah great mate, I bulked up in the offseason, and continually practice under the high ball.
Me: Was the Bulldogs the first club you wanted to be at?
JD: I've always liked the Bulldogs and their family values made it a no brainer.
Me: Last year you had a bumper season off the bench, given your choice of positions, where would you play?
JD: I prefer the halves, but I'm warming to the fullback role.
Me: Thanks for your time John Doe.
JD: No problems, take care.

================

See my point now?

To be clearer, he sends out an email claiming Tim Lafai is the replacement, then follows with an email stating his source (aka Bull****) was incorrect. He later on after this posts on the forum (BnW) stating that Tim Lafai is a rumor.

So he starts a rumor then uses that as a source to validate his comments.

*sigh*
No I don't see your point actually. Are you saying he doesn't interview players and the CEO then just puts there names in there?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No I don't see your point actually. Are you saying he doesn't interview players and the CEO then just puts there names in there?
*ding* .... quite likely.

I called him out on it last year in regards to "an interview" with Eastwood and the CEO of Leeds. Then shortly after completely conflicting solid evidence came out stating that no one from the media had contacted either of them.

In some cases I reckon it's more that he bumps into say Barba or Greenburg at NSW Cup or a game, has a small chat with them and tapes the conversation, and then fills the "interview" out.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
K.Moore was doing some research, he found this thread. He thought to himself "who better to choose Morris replacement then the fans". So he's going to keep this poll open until Saturday morning, the winner of the poll will be partnering Goodwin for the next six weeks !
this should be done for all decisions imo

2 minds are better than 1, which means 200 minds are much more better than 1

thats unless 100 of those minds are idiots

C

chipandchase

i would say, due to not announcing the side , that Lafai is in the team. there is no reason to protect Wright or Lett as they have played plenty of first grade.
Lett is a winger, and is playing Wing in reserve grade, if he was a centre, then he would be playing centre in reserve grade, that pretty obviuos, although 99% of people dont understand that.
Roberts will not play centre, he is not a centre and never will be. Why would we trial Lett and Lafai in the centres if we are going to play a 5/8 in the centres.
if anyone has played the game in those positions, they are 2 totally different positions to play.
i was very impressed with Lafai in the trial against St george, he is very quick on his feet and hopefully if picked can step up in grade.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
i would say, due to not announcing the side , that Lafai is in the team. there is no reason to protect Wright or Lett as they have played plenty of first grade.
Lett is a winger, and is playing Wing in reserve grade, if he was a centre, then he would be playing centre in reserve grade, that pretty obviuos, although 99% of people dont understand that.
Roberts will not play centre, he is not a centre and never will be. Why would we trial Lett and Lafai in the centres if we are going to play a 5/8 in the centres.
if anyone has played the game in those positions, they are 2 totally different positions to play.
i was very impressed with Lafai in the trial against St george, he is very quick on his feet and hopefully if picked can step up in grade.
If Lafai is picked, do you think he'll play the full 80? Your Roberts dislike aside, do you think he might get a go off the bench for a stint?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It sounds like this kid will get the nod. Personally I'm stunned but know nothing about the kid.

He must be very impressive and ready to be thrown into FG. Being ohysically and most important mentally ready is the biggest thing and for him to beat out fringe FG'ers who you'd think would be right in line as they were recruited as backup for this very thing, like Wright or Halatau... Either that sayd a lot about how good he is or how unhappy the club is with Wright so far.

Good luck to him if he's the one.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
If so, K.Moore has grown balls over the off-season and is starting to be the complete opposite of inlaw Steve Folkes. Kasiano, Foster and now Lafai !

whatta mad **** !

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If so, K.Moore has grown balls over the off-season and is starting to be the complete opposite of inlaw Steve Folkes. Kasiano, Foster and now Lafai !

whatta mad **** !
Well, Moore did blood guys like Barba, Idris, Kite, Winterstein, Warburton and a million other youngsters. I think people forget that and hold that against him but it just wasn't true. He picked juniors when he thought they were ready.

And Folkes the last few years never had anything close to what Moore has been fortunate enough to have his 2 and a bit years.

C

chipandchase

If Lafai is picked, do you think he'll play the full 80? Your Roberts dislike aside, do you think he might get a go off the bench for a stint?
it is not a dislike to Roberts, totally the opposite. It is just that Roberts is not a centre. he can play there at a pinch if we have injuries, but not a starting centre.
apparantly the paper has stated that Wright, Kalifi ( *** knows why he is getting a run) and Halatau have been training with the team??
i just dont understand why all the cloak and dagger if it is not a first starter getting a run.
but in reference to Lafai, he was very impressive against the dragons and showed maturity beyond his years.
who knows with Moore, we are all guessing arent we!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I would go with Wright or Halatau. Halatau was outstanding in NSW Cup and looks good. I wouldn't risk an NYC kid unless he was a freak and ready mentally. But we'll just have to wait til Sunday.

suiker

Top bird
Reaction score
it is not a dislike to Roberts, totally the opposite. It is just that Roberts is not a centre. he can play there at a pinch if we have injuries, but not a starting centre.
apparantly the paper has stated that Wright, Kalifi ( *** knows why he is getting a run) and Halatau have been training with the team??
i just dont understand why all the cloak and dagger if it is not a first starter getting a run.
but in reference to Lafai, he was very impressive against the dragons and showed maturity beyond his years.
who knows with Moore, we are all guessing arent we!!!
I guess the positive in this situation is that we have PLENTY of back up. Maybe Moore doesn't want the opposition to know what's going on? That's the only advantage I can see out of keeping things quiet. That, or he just wants to annoy us.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It amazes me if this NYC kid is selected.

What is the point of signing Wright then ? In his few opportunities with the Eels I thought he did a pretty good job, I would rather have him than Inu infact.

No Halutau, no Roberts, stick in a genuine centre which I believe Wright is. If you want to risk something, then shove Michael Lett in there rather than the NYC kid.

SaMi..

SaMi..
Reaction score
Roberts Centre, Lett bench. Halves get injured shift roberts in there then lett into centre. Barba getting air raided and struggling, hook him and Lett goes into fullback. Lett is more then capable to fill in from 1 to 5. Roberts is more then capable to fill in 6,7 and even 9.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I guess the positive in this situation is that we have PLENTY of back up. Maybe Moore doesn't want the opposition to know what's going on? That's the only advantage I can see out of keeping things quiet. That, or he just wants to annoy us.
I don't think targetting the left hand flank is too much of a focus for the phaggitohs. They should be more focused in getting their forwards to square up against our forward pack which smashing the phuk out the tigers. They should also be looking at dominance in their halves.

Based on last weeks performance we had the 2nd best forward pack in the comp behind the Raiders.

C

chipandchase

I would go with Wright or Halatau. Halatau was outstanding in NSW Cup and looks good. I wouldn't risk an NYC kid unless he was a freak and ready mentally. But we'll just have to wait til Sunday.
this kid is pretty good, but i think they will go with Wright or Halatau, safer option but we have seen with Barba, Foster and Kasiano that the young guys can handle it

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Completely Agree!! Some of the bigger guys can make the jump straight from NYC, i dont know if its such a good idea

Status
Not open for further replies.