• Roberts

Votes: 32 26.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
I dont understand why so many are calling for lett, He is a winger and he has a ****load of speed, That does not mean he can play in the centers.

Theres a big diff between playing on the wing and playing in the centers defense is 10x harder in the centers and more size/power is required, We all know roberts is a top defender cant say the same for an untested winger.
Same with an untested utility named Ben Barba who played in the centres late last year.

Who knows, Tadpole could spring another surprise so early in the season.

MAD DOG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree mate, that's why i hope if they don't pick Roberts, that they decide to go with Halatau.
Halatau is more of a backrower these days unless emergency replacement during a game he could cover, but i doubt he'd be a starting centre.... especially with all the other backs we have... eg Lett, Wright and co

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't know if any1 heard but apparently Roberts has gone to nsw cup an halatau has moved to the bench

Source 2UE

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Yep Roberts got dropped and lafai will be coming into the centres and halatau to the bench

Last edited by a moderator:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Weird about Roberts. He must have kissed Todds missus or something, why else would be be dumped to reserves. Not like hes had a chance to show any kind of form this year so far. Doesnt make sense to drop an experienced player when we just lost one with Morris out. Hmm......the plot thinnens

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not really, Ennis and Keating are both 80min players so no need for Roberts.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Except Barba was better than Patten and Roberts. Roberts is not better than Barba or Keating this year.

P

Paint.

Except Barba was better than Patten and Roberts. Roberts is not better than Barba or Keating this year.
Are you serious?
Barba had played no FG games except as back up, and had no combination with anyone in the team
Roberts has played FG for 5 years, and his combination with Morris and Goodwin down the left side is one of the best in the comp.
Now because Keating had one good game outside Hodkinson, where roberts played 7 minutes, he is not better than Keating?

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roberts is goneskies Better start looking for another club.

farenhyt

Kennel Established
Reaction score
expect the eels to snare roberts, maybe kev found out his been hanging at the wenty NSW cup games :P

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Roberts has been in first grade for 5 years and he has proven he isn't good enough to be our 5/8. Since when do we except mediocrity at our club? He's had his chance he couldn't do it now let's move on.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Roberts proved in 2009 behind a good pack and lethal backs how good he can be, in 2010 he missed half the year through injury and we were just plain sh!t all year, no one really stood out. The guy can play and i dont know what he has done to get dropped but at least this way he will be playing 80mins not sitting on the bench for most of the game, hopefully he plays well and forces his way back into the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.