Reni and Mase on Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Times change....and the game had changed heaps in recent times. Hard to make comparisons and say this or that person would excel in today's game, as it's changed so much.

William Mason wouldn't be anywhere near the powerhouse he was in his era, in today's game.

Shoulder charge and cheap shot merchants get pulled up in today's game.
There are two highlight videos of Mason on youtube. 60m line breaks and outsprinting outside backs. You have a very clouded memory of how good he was.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That snicker from Reni about Tolman though is brutal

Reactions: DT

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dw bro the kid was prob in nappies when that shit happened. Lol at anyone bagging folkes. Go win 4 titles as a player and then you can talk.
Fuck folkes as a coach. Thats what i think of him and his coaching abilities. As a player different story, he will always be a club legend for that. Last time i checked playing and coaching are 2 different entities.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Gut feel my friend just gut feel;) sometimes I am wrong but, in many cases I am right!! I guess one day we will soon find out. Same goes for the front office IMO
Always the optimistic one... lol. Give Des another 30yrs and statistically speaking he would be bound to win a premiership by then, and you can come on here and say i told you so... keep the faith.. In Des we trust..

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mortimer warned us n most brushed it off and called him a crazy old man
I agree, Mortimer epitomises this club and for mine, has earned the right to an opinion. Club should have stood by a bloke whose best interests are with us.

Mortimer, Lamb, Mase, Reni, they've all won comps with us whose opinions as ex-Bulldogs is basically the same sentiments as the fans.

It baffles me some people on here decided to aim at Reni & Mase, they have stated the same thing as Turvey and Baa... ffs, they are on our side regarding this matter.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Has nobody picked up Mason is talking through his arse?

Hasler came to the club in 2012.
Mason was gone like 5 years before that.
Mason signed on with Manly several years after Des started with us.

So Mason is expecting us to believe that another coach randomly sat him down and talked about a current player in his side, to solve bloke (mason) that doesn't even play for him.

If you are going to talk crap Mason at least get the basics right shitlips.
Mason is a brain dead moron.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree, Mortimer epitomises this club and for mine, has earned the right to an opinion. Club should have stood by a bloke whose best interests are with us.

Mortimer, Lamb, Mase, Reni, they've all won comps with us whose opinions as ex-Bulldogs is basically the same sentiments as the fans.

It baffles me some people on here decided to aim at Reni & Mase, they have stated the same thing as Turvey and Baa... ffs, they are on our side regarding this matter.
Mortimer yes, that he was forced to resign over the Choffs Harbour fiasco was a fucking disgrace. I felt sick about it at the time.

But Steve is still on the board of the Leagues Club and the club has provided Steve with an ongoing income long after his playings days.

He is my favorite player of all time, so I like that.

Lamb also, but to a lesser extend regarding paid roles within the club but as a club legend got to keep these guys around.

Mason can fuck off and by the way strip the **** of his life membership. Fucking ****.

Reni is a dumb as a sack full of doorknobs but I don’t mind him.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
If des thinks tolman is the best prop in the game I'm seriously worried for his health.

Tolman gets picked off my wingers. I commend his work ethic but he is at the bottom of the list when it comes to having a positive impact on a game

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A couple of years ago i attended a night hosted by the dogs. Des was the guest speaker.
When he spoke he showed us all these stats and KPIs about Aiden Tolman and the fact that because of these stats and KPIs, Aiden was the premier and best front rower in the game. When i heard that i knew Des had to go and the club was doomed with him as head coach.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm actually more upset and heartbroken now than when SBW walked out on us.

These guys brought back the memory of the emotion and passion we had backing our team pre-Des.
The days when teams were scared to face our boys. The days when we didn't look at our players as just players but a pack of brothers who were down for each other no matter what.
These guys went out together, lived together, partied together. They were all joined at the fucking hip 24/7.

Compare that to now and we have... less than nothing.

If this lack of culture or love for the club is here to stay, then I probably won't be introducing my kids to the game of NRL when they're older.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Baa, Turvey, Mase, Reni, Hughes, Tunks...any other former players come out to debunk the mythical Des Habeen?

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck folkes as a coach. Thats what i think of him and his coaching abilities. As a player different story, he will always be a club legend for that. Last time i checked playing and coaching are 2 different entities.
And he won us a grand final as coach, and if the new wave of players were not such pussys, mentally that is, folks would have won more premierships

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
Lol....how true
Tolman best prop....fmd!!
Haha deadset I laughed. I'd take a 35 year old mason over tolman lol.

But in all seriousness there is no other choice but to sack Hasler.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has there ever been a bigger fraud in the modern game than Des? He coasted to his first coaching gig at Manly on the back being a good player at that club and inherited a decent side and proceeded to backdate contracts and essentially buy finals positions and a couple of premierships. Got his big pay day at the Bulldogs (who can't spot talent, either coaching or players to save them) and tried to lather, wash, repeat. It worked initially on the back of previous signings/talent but has now been found out for his complete and utter lack of vision and understanding of the modern game.
mbye is the Conner who outconned the Con man .
So mbye is the title holder

silva

Utility
Reaction score
There are two highlight videos of Mason on youtube. 60m line breaks and outsprinting outside backs. You have a very clouded memory of how good he was.
He had potential to be the best forward in the world but fuck hes career went downhill after 06.

Reactions: DT
Status
Not open for further replies.