Reni and Mase on Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reni talking about the then and now of the club actually hurt me emotionally then.

Last edited:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After hearing that about Aiden I dont think Graham will be let go, as long as you get 100m+ a game you're safe at the dogs.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Watching and listening to those guys makes me even more sadder, god i miss those guys and the Era they were in, they personified what the Bulldogs were. Now we are a shell of the club that we once used to be.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just shows that this **** of a coach is ALL about stats and NOTHING else.
Even Willie couldn't believe it.
Love how Willie said "no offence to Aiden but I'm 35 and I would dust him up!".
Like Willie said, does he actually look at the player if he has that mongrel or leadership?
Nope....Des has his stats.

DES, FUCK OFF NOW ****....YOU ARE NOT A COACHES ARSEHOLE!!!!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ex players with the runs on the board from the golden era I grew up on coming out and saying exactly how it is.

Mase saying he would have dusted Tolman at age 35 is great haha.

Wtf has Des done to this club.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i said at the time when des was going crazy with advanced statistics after seeing moneyball that it was stupid to incorporate it into rugby league

its understandable for baseball because that sport is about someone throwing a ball through an imaginary small square zone and someone else trying to hit it back within the legal area of play, its very simple and the stats are more important than in a game of rugby league which is much more varied

btw the moneyball team lost in the playoffs to a normal operating team who spent even less money, so that should say that being normal is better

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
WOW, just WOW!

That 5 minute talk gave so many insights as to why we are in the situation we are

Reni says no culture no history under Des, exactly what baa and Turvey said not a bulldog but a manly guy in disguise

Mase says Des only knows stats, no feel for the game no feel for anyone's personality, Des made a Clive Churchill winner question if he even knows how to play footy also explains some baffling recruitment/retention decisions

stop the rot!!

DES OUT KNOW!!

bleedblue&white

go the berries
Reaction score
i said at the time when des was going crazy with advanced statistics after seeing moneyball that it was stupid to incorporate it into rugby league

its understandable for baseball because that sport is about someone throwing a ball through an imaginary small square zone and someone else trying to hit it back within the legal area of play, its very simple and the stats are more important than in a game of rugby league which is much more varied

btw the moneyball team lost in the playoffs to a normal operating team who spent even less money, so that should say that being normal is better
Not to be a ball breaker but having played baseball at very high levels it is a very technical game, that doesn't really allow for much emotion to influence the game.

Where in nrl a few big charges, big hits or in the old days a stink could flip a game in its head

So I agree Desball does not work but because the NRL is not as technical as baseball

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Someone dot down all the interesting bits so i can have a wet dream about it tonight.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Not to be a ball breaker but having played baseball at very high levels it is a very technical game, that doesn't really allow for much emotion to influence the game.

Where in nrl a few big charges, big hits or in the old days a stink could flip a game in its head

So I agree Desball does not work but because the NRL is not as technical as baseball
i meant baseball is pretty much one thing and its stats are well defined with less variables, like how on base percentage is how many times the player reached base but from a very clear set of conditions (he was standing at home plate and someone was throwing a ball at him, how often could he get on base), so if you are trying to build a winning baseball team its good to use that stat as a reference or whatever other metric you want to create

in rugby league even a simple stat like running metres from a hitup can be misleading and not indicative of future performance, like maybe someone made 10m per carry because someone else gave him a quick play the ball or the defence was more tired than usual or he had 2 teammates pushing up in support

willie is correct, league is an eye test sport

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's all making sense now... fuck we need the current idiots running our club out big time!!

Loved the Tolman part!! :joycat: So true!! Des has no idea what he's doing... it's evident enough each week

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Not to disparage the intellectuals of Reni and Mason but I don't believe for a second Hasler is as smart as they make him out

Just cause you can pay some nerds to collect a fuckload of stats and make up some shitty formula that you think makes Tolman #1...

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone dot down all the interesting bits so i can have a wet dream about it tonight.
My last wet dream was back in year 8,science teacher at Canterbury Boys.
Little bit messy
Miss those days
Very different dogs back then in 80's
Never feared losing

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tolman is the least of our problems.
Really the guy does 50 tackles a game.

The rest is the coach the coach the coach.
We possibly don't know what our team is capable of because our coach is a control freak who as far as we hear strangles initiative out of everyone.

Bring Foran, Woods, bring Cronk, Tedesco, bring who you like. Nothing changes until Des goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.