Religious Discussion Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You know Kelp. I used to really question those who believe in God. I’d be asking them prove that God exists. Then a friend said something that awakened my eyes to religious folks beliefs. It meant that I would will never ask them to prove God exists. She said, ‘I do not see God. I do not hear God. But I feel God. I feel his presence around me. That is why I believe.”

I couldn’t argue with that Kelps. :relaxed:
People often think I have an issue with religion. I really don't. I often have an issue with religious people who believe it's their right to push their beliefs on others. But religion itself isn't a problem.

And I couldn't ever be fully against religion because while I don't accept it to be true, I can't know for sure that it's not. There's always a possibility there is a God or Gods out there.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, as an ex-Anglican, I used to get annoyed with Catholics ranting that Catholicism is the only true Christianity. I saw it as pretentious. Now days I just see it like sport. They're barracking for their team. It's all religious banter.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
People often think I have an issue with religion. I really don't. I often have an issue with religious people who believe it's their right to push their beliefs on others. But religion itself isn't a problem.

And I couldn't ever be fully against religion because while I don't accept it to be true, I can't know for sure that it's not. There's always a possibility there is a God or Gods out there.
I know you don’t Hacky, and I understand exactly what you mean.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know Kelp. I used to really question those who believe in God. I’d be asking them prove that God exists. Then a friend said something that awakened my eyes to religious folks beliefs. It meant that I would will never ask them to prove God exists. She said, ‘I do not see God. I do not hear God. But I feel God. I feel his presence around me. That is why I believe.”

I couldn’t argue with that Kelps. :relaxed:
I have to agree with that friend of yours, Their is something about feeling that God is close.
The two reasons why I just can't dismiss the existance of God.
Firstly: I haven't heard or seen any plausable explanation of how matter came into existance. I'm waiting to see if someone can make matter out of nothing, or even better (nothing making something out of nothing), which would have had to be the case.
Secondly: All the things Jesus did while on earth, curing the leppers, bringing Lazaraus back to life, the loaves and the fishes etc. Tells me that Jesus was either a super con-man who was very good at fooling people or just what he said he was ie.the son of GOD.
When the sacred cows at the time had had enough of him and wanted to kill him as was the usual thing to do to a lower person who showed them up. The super con-man would not stayed around to be killed/Crucified he would have jumped on the fasters donkey, given Moses the finger and said I going back to Egypt. There is enough evidence in scripture to convince me that Jesus knew what was going to happen to him.

BTW I have known many who believe what the Romans did like their war against Hannabel which happened 200 years BC, but they don't want to believe what Jesus did 200 years latter, which was also reportered by the Romans.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, as an ex-Anglican, I used to get annoyed with Catholics ranting that Catholicism is the only true Christianity. I saw it as pretentious. Now days I just see it like sport. They're barracking for their team. It's all religious banter.
It just might be religious banter, but all religions say that theirs is the true one, just ask the Muslims,or the JW'S, their usually a lot more fanatical than the Catholics.
BTW I heard Anglicans say that their religion is the true one too. Also in the past my Religion and our followers were constantly under attack, and I've seen Freemasons/Anglicans insite the hatered.
I found out from a Freemason who was also Anglican that their hatred of the Catholic Church was because they believed that the Catholic Church wanted to make Australia a Republic.
Funny because the 2 Aussie Catholic Priests I've been close too in recent times, are both staunch Monarchists

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It just might be religious banter, but all religions say that theirs is the true one, just ask the Muslims,or the JW'S, their usually a lot more fanatical than the Catholics.
BTW I heard Anglicans say that their religion is the true one too. Also in the past my Religion and our followers were constantly under attack, and I've seen Freemasons/Anglicans insite the hatered.
I found out from a Freemason who was also Anglican that their hatred of the Catholic Church was because they believed that the Catholic Church wanted to make Australia a Republic.
Funny because the 2 Aussie Catholic Priests I've been close too in recent times, are both staunch Monarchists
Yeah, they're all as bad as each other. Just look at the troubles in Ireland. Sure the main driver was supporters of England vs Non-supporters, but it became a religious conflict of Catholic vs Protestant. And it resulted in Catholics killing Protestants and Protestants killing Catholics.

Muslims killed and conquered so many in the Middle Ages, but the Catholics didn't exactly hold back. You don't raise an army and Conquer nations and call yourself "peaceful". Not forgetting that it was Catholics that brought forth many Inquisition groups that tortured and murdered innocent people. And both Catholics and Protestants burnt women at the stake claiming they were "Witches", even though the bible is clear on murder being a sin.

Muslims claim that it's against the Quran and against Mohammed to force conversation, yet the Ottoman empire basically tortured anyone that didn't convert.

As I said many times. Religion isn't a problem. People are the problem. And not just general people. When the Bible says not to murder, the Pope ordered armies to retake the holy land knowing full well it would result in the deaths of hundreds of thousands.

Religion is a tool. It can be used for good, or evil. It's humans that are the problem.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I shouldn't be so judgemental of the religious. We all know how us Atheists live...

Screenshot_20240221_225906_Facebook.jpg

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, they're all as bad as each other. Just look at the troubles in Ireland. Sure the main driver was supporters of England vs Non-supporters, but it became a religious conflict of Catholic vs Protestant. And it resulted in Catholics killing Protestants and Protestants killing Catholics.

Muslims killed and conquered so many in the Middle Ages, but the Catholics didn't exactly hold back. You don't raise an army and Conquer nations and call yourself "peaceful". Not forgetting that it was Catholics that brought forth many Inquisition groups that tortured and murdered innocent people. And both Catholics and Protestants burnt women at the stake claiming they were "Witches", even though the bible is clear on murder being a sin.

Muslims claim that it's against the Quran and against Mohammed to force conversation, yet the Ottoman empire basically tortured anyone that didn't convert.

As I said many times. Religion isn't a problem. People are the problem. And not just general people. When the Bible says not to murder, the Pope ordered armies to retake the holy land knowing full well it would result in the deaths of hundreds of thousands.

Religion is a tool. It can be used for good, or evil. It's humans that are the problem.
Purposely stayed out of this thread, but thought I'd check it out again.

I'd say my only thing with religion itself is that it's based on the premise of faith which to me equals following without understanding.

But, I quite like what you've put forward and will have to steal this to use away from the Kennel in future..

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
There are Freemasons in the Vatican too bro, plus their bosses, the Jesuits too.

I'm pretty sure there are secret societies in all sects/religions.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
There are Freemasons in the Vatican too bro, plus their bosses, the Jesuits too.

Yep. I personally think that the Jesuits were one of the best things to happen to the Catholic Church. But they're seperatists, like any secret order. They started as a group that didn't like the fact that the Catholic Church oppressed scientific progress. Eventually they came out of the shadows, but only because they got so big that the Church couldn't fully shut them down (even though they tried a lot)

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've always known that much of what you posted is true, there is a tendency for people to take matters/beliefs to the extreme to stay in power or when they feel threatened, my Church has has its share too.
What I believe happened in the middle ages was that because Religion was such a domanint factor in most/every society. Politicans took over the Church believing that been in the Church they could do no wrong, Hitler did much the same thing when he became dictator.
What I am sure about is that my Church and the Orthodox, inspite of having had some bad people in it starting from Judas, has maintained the Christs teachings perfectly for 2000 years. without deviating unlike the Prodistants, who have watered down Christs teaching to suit the wind flow. True followers of Christ should not forget that because its a fact.
An example of this is that recently the Anglican Church has set up 2 or 3 (not sure) seperate groups of beliefs within its Church to maintain/ increase its numbers, I guess probably because it is more interested in maintaining the Monarchy, after all the Monarch is both the supreme head of the Government and the C of E, which is something that we are never told about.
BTW I THINK THAT HAVING SOME CONTRAIRIANS AROUND HELPS BECAUSE IT ALLOWS FOR A REALITY CHECK.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have never heard of Freemasons existing in the Church from our Clergy, but on the other hand I think its possible perhaps even probable.
All I can say is that serving 2 masters was condemend by Jesus Himself, Catholism/Christianity and Freemasonery are completely incompatable.
I've heard reports that the C. of E is uncomfortable with its members also been Freemasons.
The Catholic Church is an open house, and it wouldn't be hard for anti Catholic person/persons to infitrate the Church, with the obvious intension of undermining it.
BTW Bro, Pope Frances is a Jesuit, and he seams to be more Liberal than our current Parish Priests

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wendog posted on another thread only a few days ago in response to another post regarding how our club is coursed. He/She talked about the hatred directed against our club some pre but mostly post the SL war.
Although much of the hatered directed against our club has subsided in the last year or so, the reason that virtually all the players who come to our club regress could be that once they sign up they a bombarded with jibes degrading our club, like so you've signed with the wog club..
I'm not saying that it's true but I still get the feeling that from some who follow the game are holding on to something.
It certainly certainly appears as though our club is cursed and most players who have come here have redressed, 2 exceptions are King and Preston, you can see both on and off the field that they are good young men.

Hate has been my pet subject since as far back as I remember and (I've seen plenty) and mostly with no reason whatsoever so I thought I'd post.

Marks Gospel 12.28-34.

One of the scribes came up to Jesus and put a question the him, "which isthe first of all the commandments? Jesus replied, ' This is the first: Listen Isreal, the lord your God is the one Lord, and you must love the Lord your God, with all your heart , with all your soul, with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this you must love your neighbour as your self. There is no commandment greater than these. The scribe said to him. 'Well spoken Master; what you have said is true; that he is one and there is no other. To love him with all your heart , with all your understanding and strength, and your neighbour as yourself, is far is far more important than any holocaust or sacrifice.

Hate has been around since Cain @ Abel, and very little has been done to educate the public, by our Christian Churches, I do think that mine is the best at condeming hate, although not strongly enough.
After all if Marks Gospel is anything to go by, hate is the worst SIN of all.
I have talked about this matter with some of our clerics, and all I get is the story of the good Samaratan which I know backwards, frontwards and sideways.
I remember some years ago asking a person "why do you hate my team the Bulldogs"? his reply was I don't know I just hate them.
A good start would be to teach people/kids, to not hate anyone who has'nt done you any harm.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Money is everyone’s religion including me.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is the 3 days of darkness happening soon, anyone been reading stories on Bohemian Grove.