Religious Discussion Thread

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You and I have different versions of "interesting"
I found it interesting Kelpie!
I tried to post what I thought was a usefull artical in this thread but it failed to go through, You've got to accept that us oldies are not as computer savy as you youngsters.
Will print it out when I find the time.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I tried to post what I thought was a usefull artical in this thread but it failed to go through, You've got to accept that us oldies are not as computer savy as you youngsters.
As I said i like reading stuff like this..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I like that I'm still considered a youngster by some.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Nick kicks the bucket, I say bye bye Roosters
Lol, you're deluded. A man as smart as Nick plans for his eventual demise. https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ro...arting-gift-for-his-club-20180927-p5068k.html

Nick set us up with a half a billion dollar property portfolio (4 years ago) that will fund the club into perpetuity. We'll still be here when your club has to merge with the West Tigers and make the first triangular merger of NRL clubs, The West Bulltigers. How will you look in a Blue, Black, Yellow and White jersey?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol, you're deluded. A man as smart as Nick plans for his eventual demise. https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ro...arting-gift-for-his-club-20180927-p5068k.html

Nick set us up with a half a billion dollar property portfolio (4 years ago) that will fund the club into perpetuity. We'll still be here when your club has to merge with the West Tigers and make the first triangular merger of NRL clubs, The West Bulltigers. How will you look in a Blue, Black, Yellow and White jersey?
We are lucky to have 2 of the 3 richest leagues clubs backing us (Canterbury 1st and Bankstown Sports 3rd) IIRC

Plus hopefully Laundy can be our Uncle Nick.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope. I'm saying that he could be a myth. Just like Hercules could be a myth.
Lol you realise even amongst the staunch atheist historians the Jesus myth is a minority of people who hold that claim? The majority believe he in fact was a real man named Jesus died on the cross but to them obviously don’t believe he rose or performed miracles. So you’re literally not even keeping up with your own kind lol

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol you realise even amongst the staunch atheist historians the Jesus myth is a minority of people who hold that claim? The majority believe he in fact was a real man named Jesus died on the cross but to them obviously don’t believe he rose or performed miracles. So you’re literally not even keeping up with your own kind lol
Yep. But when I say, "Jesus could be a myth" it's in the same way that I say, "Hercules could be a myth"

Both could be a myth, but there's a decent chance both Jesus and Hercules actually existed. There is levels of mythology though. There's a small chance neither existed. There's a much larger chance that both existed but neither were Gods or demi-Gods. It's more likely that both existed, both convinced people that they were Gods, but neither actually had the power of Gods.

I know Christians often like to say, "Do you really think that a regular human could fool all these people?", and to that I reply, "yes. Because I we see it so often". So many cults have formed with devout worshippers convinced that their leader is a holy being, beyong human. What makes their divinity less true than that of Jesus, or any other religious figure?

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. But when I say, "Jesus could be a myth" it's in the same way that I say, "Hercules could be a myth"

Both could be a myth, but there's a decent chance both Jesus and Hercules actually existed. There is levels of mythology though. There's a small chance neither existed. There's a much larger chance that both existed but neither were Gods or demi-Gods. It's more likely that both existed, both convinced people that they were Gods, but neither actually had the power of Gods.

I know Christians often like to say, "Do you really think that a regular human could fool all these people?", and to that I reply, "yes. Because I we see it so often". So many cults have formed with devout worshippers convinced that their leader is a holy being, beyong human. What makes their divinity less true than that of Jesus, or any other religious figure?
Wth are you on about all mainstream historians know Hercules was/is a myth and know Jesus was a real man.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wth are you on about all mainstream historians know Hercules was/is a myth and know Jesus was a real man.
Nice evasion there. Do you ever answer anything directly?

There's evidence that a guy calling himself "Hercules" existed, but not strong evidence. It's much like the stories of Moses. It was considered that there was likely a guy calling himself Moses at one stage but the whole flooding thing was considered to be a story and isn't believed to be factual.

All that stuff aside, I'm still asking why I should treat Jesus as more of a deity than someone like Jim Jones?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nice evasion there. Do you ever answer anything directly?

There's evidence that a guy calling himself "Hercules" existed, but not strong evidence. It's much like the stories of Moses. It was considered that there was likely a guy calling himself Moses at one stage but the whole flooding thing was considered to be a story and isn't believed to be factual.

All that stuff aside, I'm still asking why I should treat Jesus as more of a deity than someone like Jim Jones?
Come on bro, I get what you're saying but comparing Jesus to an American mass murderer? Bit disrespectful to us.

You know the tree by it's fruits.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Come on bro, I get what you're saying but comparing Jesus to an American mass murderer? Bit disrespectful to us.

You know the tree by it's fruits.
Yeah, it's not a deliberate attack on Jesus, but just raising a point. If the argument for Jesus definitely being real is that he had people who believed in his miracles, then there's hundreds of others who have also performed miracles and had followers due to it. I use Jones as an example because he had hundreds of followers.

All that said, if you believe in Jesus then you don't need justification for your belief. As long as no one is dismissing the beliefs of others.