Religious Discussion Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I must say I've heard very little about Hercules, (actually I thought he was only a myth.)
You obviously know a lot about Hercules wheather fact or fiction, BTW was he real and was he really crucified, or was it another Greek tale like the wooded horse of Troy.
Where did I say that my Religion is the only one, What I'm certain about is that the Catholic Church preaches Christs teachings more comprehensively than any of the other Christian Religions except perhaps the for Orthodox (Easten Church) Assassin Religion.
Every myth is someone's truth... And vice versa

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Now Now Hacky, you are making fun of of not only Jesus but also the entire Christian faith, so in affect you are insulting all true Christians.
If Hercules was smart enough and that strong he would not allowed himself to be Crucified in the first place, Their has been no one in history strong enough which could not be subdued.
I guess it's the old trick smart people use, when they don't an answer they turn the subject into a joke.

Thats OK Dogna88 its quite common for people when they get something into their heads and it suits their agenda to hold on to it at all costs.
IMO slavery in the OT did not always imply people been forced to work in chains, or been kidnapped from Africa and forced to work in the US cotton fields,
It does say in the OT somewhere about servants having to obey their master, that may have easily been interperated as slavery, particularily in todays unionised work place.
What circumstance would justify one human being able to buy and sell another human (expect an Israelite) and owning that human as property?

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What circumstance would justify one human being able to buy and sell another human (expect an Israelite) and owning that human as property?
No human has the right to own another, do you really needed me to answer that.
BTW while some Countries are more Christian than others, the most Christian one was the first to ban slavery.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No human has the right to own another, do you really needed me to answer that.
BTW while some Countries are more Christian than others, the most Christian one was the first to ban slavery.
Ok. So can we agree the OT and St Peter were wrong in relation to slavery?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
DOGMA - Is a belief or set of beliefs that is accepted by the members of a group without being questioned or doubted.

DOGNA - Is a non-belief. End of discussion. :tearsofjoy::tongueclosed::tearsofjoy::tongueclosed:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
DOGMA - Is a belief or set of beliefs that is accepted by the members of a group without being questioned or doubted.

DOGNA - Is a non-belief. End of discussion. :tearsofjoy::tongueclosed::tearsofjoy::tongueclosed:
I was watching The Chase the other day and a woman lost because she didn't know the difference between Dogma and Catechism. And that convinced me that religion is dead in Australia.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope. I'm saying that he could be a myth. Just like Hercules could be a myth.
whith all your talk about the universe, I thought you were something of a sientist, real sientists are always keen to learn even about J. C.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was watching The Chase the other day and a woman lost because she didn't know the difference between Dogma and Catechism. And that convinced me that religion is dead in Australia.
Your right to some extent, but the few religious people left now are very dedicated and they won't be swayed by anti Christians, in a way it might not be a bad idea, because as I see it with my religion those who have left were only their because they were afraid of hell and many were not their for the love of God and all mankind.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
whith all your talk about the universe, I thought you were something of a sientist, real sientists are always keen to learn even about J. C.
I said "could"

God could be a myth. Jesus could be a myth. That doesn't mean I'm ruling out there existence. I'm just saying that it would be good to investigate their existence from a scientific standpoint if there was scientific evidence of their existence.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I said "could"

God could be a myth. Jesus could be a myth. That doesn't mean I'm ruling out there existence. I'm just saying that it would be good to investigate their existence from a scientific standpoint if there was scientific evidence of their existence.
Can you point to any phases such as "I Peter saw Jesus alive" or "I James saw my brother Jesus alive".

If we want to believe these men saw Jesus alive. We have to take the word of anonymous authors, decades later, hundred of kilometres away.

We need to grant generous sweeping interpretation and inference rather than point to clear unambiguous reporting.

Its the difference between caring about whether an idea is merely plausible or whether an idea is actually testable, true and affirmed.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said "could"

A very good answer how safe and nice to be able to sit on the fence

Can you point to any phases such as "I Peter saw Jesus alive" or "I James saw my brother Jesus alive".

If we want to believe these men saw Jesus alive. We have to take the word of anonymous authors, decades later, hundred of kilometres away.

We need to grant generous sweeping interpretation and inference rather than point to clear unambiguous reporting.

Its the difference between caring about whether an idea is merely plausible or whether an idea is actually testable, true and affirmed.
By the way mate, the 4 disipoles who wrote the Gospils Mathew Mark Luke and John, were with Jesus during his mission on earth.
As for the other early christian writers, like St Paul and St Ignations of Antioch, they were aquaintantes of Jesus disipoles, their origional writings are still readable today, like the dead sea scroles which were written about the same time and were found from memory about 40-50 years ago.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A very good answer how safe and nice to be able to sit on the fence
That's the thing about science, it's not ideogical. If it's ideological, it's not science.

If I said that there's no chance God exists then that would be un-scientific.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
By the way mate, the 4 disipoles who wrote the Gospils Mathew Mark Luke and John, were with Jesus during his mission on earth.
As for the other early christian writers, like St Paul and St Ignations of Antioch, they were aquaintantes of Jesus disipoles, their origional writings are still readable today, like the dead sea scroles which were written about the same time and were found from memory about 40-50 years ago.
Were the Gospils written by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? Who were with Jesus on his mission on earth?

Please provide evidence of this. Please speak with your scholars on the "anonymous" authors of the Gospil. Please compare this to the writings of Paul.

Pop quiz. Which of your four gospils provide eye witness accounts of jesus?

Last edited: