Religious Discussion Thread

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can't get it through your head that Jesus Christ, (THE ONE WHO FOUN THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH) Rubbished much of what was written in the OT Scroles, which tells us that not all of it was Gods work, Jesus did affirm the 10 Commandments. given to Moses, and other parts of the OT, thats why Christians pay some homage to the writtings in the OT
Scripture/Scroles were written by fallable people. who like people nowdays have their own agendas.
Except slavery.

Which St Paul himself advocated post Jesus.

Jesus is or is a component of God. God was apart and fruitful in the OT. God is timeless. You see how your argument falls apart?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Except slavery.

Jesus is or is a component of God. God was apart and fruitful in the OT. God is timeless. You see how your argument falls apart?
Not sure how Jesus felt about slaves, but he sure loved the whip..

1200px-El_Greco_13.jpg

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. In the scriptures it says that he made a whip out of cords and used it to drive them out of the temple.
@Hacky McAxe is referring to what looks like the money changers in the temple. Can't remember the whip but definitely turned over their tables.
I am aware of that incident in the scriptures, but wasn't sure if you were refering to it or his scourging at the pillar I guess it proves that he was not only God but human as well.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am aware of that incident in the scriptures, but wasn't sure if you were refering to it or his scourging at the pillar I guess it proves that he was not only God but human as well.
Just like Hercules

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No cross could contain his power

View attachment 59016
Now Now Hacky, you are making fun of of not only Jesus but also the entire Christian faith, so in affect you are insulting all true Christians.
If Hercules was smart enough and that strong he would not allowed himself to be Crucified in the first place, Their has been no one in history strong enough which could not be subdued.
I guess it's the old trick smart people use, when they don't an answer they turn the subject into a joke.

Except slavery.

Thats OK Dogna88 its quite common for people when they get something into their heads and it suits their agenda to hold on to it at all costs.
IMO slavery in the OT did not always imply people been forced to work in chains, or been kidnapped from Africa and forced to work in the US cotton fields,
It does say in the OT somewhere about servants having to obey their master, that may have easily been interperated as slavery, particularily in todays unionised work place.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now Now Hacky, you are making fun of of not only Jesus but also the entire Christian faith, so in affect you are insulting all true Christians.
Nope. I'm talking about Hercules. Your religion isn't the only religion. You are offending ancient Greeks.

If Hercules was smart enough and that strong he would not allowed himself to be Crucified in the first place
He didn't. He clearly laid some smackdown before they could actually crucify him.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In all honesty, I jest. I have said many times that I think religion is a good thing when it's used to help others find strength in their lives. But many in this thread treat their religion like it's the only way. When you say that atheism is ridiculous then I will treat your religion the same. But if you show respect for all beliefs then I will respect your belief the same.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I remember that time Jesus took meth and went wild at the markets

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope. I'm talking about Hercules. Your religion isn't the only religion. You are offending ancient Greeks.

He didn't. He clearly laid some smackdown before they could actually crucify him.
I must say I've heard very little about Hercules, (actually I thought he was only a myth.)
You obviously know a lot about Hercules wheather fact or fiction, BTW was he real and was he really crucified, or was it another Greek tale like the wooded horse of Troy.
Where did I say that my Religion is the only one, What I'm certain about is that the Catholic Church preaches Christs teachings more comprehensively than any of the other Christian Religions except perhaps the for Orthodox (Easten Church) Assassin Religion.