Official Reimis Smith to the Storm

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It appears there has been a ridiculous change in heart regarding Reimis since there were rumours of him leaving and now that it's official. All I read/saw during the year was how soft and poor his attitude was, which I agree with.

I'm more than happy to shed some deadwood this season to sign some superstars for 2022. Next on the chopping block has to be Lewis and Hoppa. I can't see anyone wanting DWZ for the salary he is on so may be worth keeping him for 2021.
That’s what I’m interested to see whether at his new club his attitude will change or he just always looks depressed and can’t be assed

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Remis wouldn’t of been on 450k lol ffs that’s just trying to make us feel better.

Does anyone seriously believe smith asked for a release from 450k a year to join a club that had addo carr On 350 or 375k? He would be lucky to be on 300k there and I reckon he would of been on the same with us

DaveV

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just watched the round 20 highlights flogging against the Panthers. Smith’s initial contact on Burton close to the line resulting in a try was soft as butter.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reimis Smith to leave the Bulldogs

Bulldogs winger Reimis Smith has sought and been granted a release by the club.

The 23 year-old back made 49 appearances for the blue and whites over four seasons, having made his club debut in 2016.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill thanked Smith for his efforts during his time at Belmore

"Reimis will always be part of the Bulldogs family and we genuinely wish him the best of luck for the future.”

Source
Lol for his hard work and passion.....lazy as a lizard

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They announced a release as he requested one... I reckon someone nailed it earlier. Remis got
The idea floated past about going there for jac. We somehow missed jac but gave him up anyway.

Storm are so well ran deadset we are made to suffer Everytime. They not only keep jac two years past but then take smith off us. Oh yeh nah it’s a good thing right? That’s why the premiers want him.
How the fuk did we miss out on JAC in exchange of smith.....I want a fukin answer.....Barrett where are u?

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wests Tigers just released a statement saying that Melb advised them today that they will not be releasing JAC....so we release our best winger and get the richard once again!
Bro do you watch and or understand the game of Rugby League Remsis is an absolute myth... Runs the ball up like a pillow guaranteed to cough up the ball and or give away ridiculous penalties and make terrible defensive decisions. Outside the game he is a bit of a tool and not to many players will be shedding a tear

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can’t believe there are some people in this thread that think this is a bad decision... the bloke has played 3 seasons and shown fuck all. Okunbor has played more decent games than this dopey flop. The bloke has been shite, time to move him on (a bit late in my opinion). Who cares what he does at his next club, he offered us fuck all. Lazy, low effort, got fukn belted coming out of our own end, slow play the balls
So u know more than Craig Bellamy about talent? We’ve got nobody with real skill and talent in the backline apart from Hoppa who has Everything except for speed and he’s only going to get slower as he gets on in age. If we were able to get Fox for Smith than yes but we’ve gotten literally nobody and Cotric can’t do it all himself

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Couldn't give two shites that Smith is leaving, more annoyed we didn't get something in return after the Storm with their "like for like" crap!

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Obviously Barret doesn't want someone from the Storm. He must have someone else in mind and doesn't rate Reimis could be spas simple as that.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think we weren't played by the Storm. We let him go because we wanted to. We could have easily insisted on a player swap with JAC and then when that failed to materialize we could have held on to Smith but clearly Baz didn't want him so he's gone.

I know you're pissed about missing out on JAC but I dont see this as incompetence by the club...they're just getting rid of the plodders. There is a plan in place and we just have to wait to find out what it is. As long as we improve our roster, piece by peice, I'm happy
So maybe it failed to materialise not because of the storms reluctance to hand us over JAC in exchange for smith but because JAC wanted more money from us ....80k more....seriously ..surely we had the money to give him....we have 15 players off contract at the end of 2022

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously Barret doesn't want someone from the Storm. He must have someone else in mind and doesn't rate Reimis could be spas simple as that.
Barrett didn’t want to pay the amount JAC was after

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does this take us to 27 players?