Official Reimis Smith to the Storm

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to see him under diff coach/set up for 1 more season.
If they dont spend the money being freed from this, then it makes no sense to release him and help other team.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JAC will never play for Canterbury. Unfortunate I know, but he has said it. His heart is in Redfern. He want to play wif de bruves. And thats ok I can understand that I just hope de bruves don't get him in to trouble.
I would reluctantly agree to that deal as well.....so if Penrith dint want to give us burton for 2021 unless we take mansour .....stuff them....we will sign him for 2022 and save the money to sign JAC for 2022....

Reactions: ATT

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would love to see him under diff coach/set up for 1 more season.
If they dont spend the money being freed from this, then it makes no sense to release him and help other team.
Maybe Tbaz didn’t have him in his long term plans and wasn’t going to re-sign him? If that’s the case just bring it forward and release him. His attitude on the field is hardly the greatest I could just see it getting worse for a final season.

Mightydogs

Waterboy
Reaction score
I know we need to get rid of the dead wood but my concerns for next year is depth to our centres and wingers ,with smith ,Montoya ,Holland gone do we have back ups is there anyone coming through

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No more than 300k? Lol c'mon. I agree they shouldn't be on a fortune but recent successful sides have all had wingers on more than that.
Why are those sides successful because of the spine players not because of the wingers look at the warriors best wingers in the game and shit forever. Putting money towards wingers is a luxury cap space must be spent on the spine and forward pack that’s what wins games and will make wingers look better than what they are yes a good winger improves the top sides but with a shit spine are useless only used for carries out the half

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can’t believe there are some people in this thread that think this is a bad decision... the bloke has played 3 seasons and shown fuck all. Okunbor has played more decent games than this dopey flop. The bloke has been shite, time to move him on (a bit late in my opinion). Who cares what he does at his next club, he offered us fuck all. Lazy, low effort, got fukn belted coming out of our own end, slow play the balls

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lets hope this move frees up some space in our cap. It could open doors to bring in burton, brandon smith & brent naden. Wouldnt mind bringing mansour in either if we can create the room for him.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure Cameron Smith money will help
I don’t think so bought remis for 350-400k and upgraded Carr by 150k will need to upgrade Pap as well nah that shit won’t work as for Tino, Vun they would be on close to minimum wage for sure

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swap deal or not this is great business by the club in my opinion I don’t care how good the winger is no winger should be on more than 300k the roster should be balanced and more important positions should be the focus in the salary cap the spine and even the whole squad every position is a lot more important than a winger even the bench I would go that far to say. DWZ should be given the flick next as well wingers should be Katoa and Okonbur on minimum wage will do more than fine
I agree that there needs be be a balanced view of the salary cap & who earns what in a squad.
However the role & importance of wingers has changed in the last decade or so.
They are much more important to teams than the fast runners that could score on occasions at the end of a backline move as they were in the past(assuming they caught the bloody ball!)...
In saying that, it has to be appropriate remuneration unlike the overs we are paying for DWZ...
Wingers may not tackle as often as middle forwards but many carry the ball twice as often as many pigs..(spoken by an ex fat slow pig!!)
The strong run from a winger often results in a fast play the ball that then allows the next hit ups to at a retreating defensive line, making life easier for the forwards..... unfortunately our wingers either spill the ball far to often (DWZ)... are too small/light (Meaney) or dont give a $#!+... (Thankfully 1 of those was just released...) Compare their efforts to wingers like the two NSW wingers on Wednesday, or many others in the comp...... we are often behind the 8 ball at the start of sets due to sub-par output from our wingers which translates to poor sets & subsequent poor field position.

ramonesdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don’t think so bought remis for 350-400k and upgraded Carr by 150k will need to upgrade Pap as well nah that shit won’t work as for Tino, Vun they would be on close to minimum wage for sure
Easily enough there to cover a couple of upgrades plus Burton who they won't be paying big money for should they get him

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easily enough there to cover a couple of upgrades plus Burton who they won't be paying big money for should they get him
I believe smith was on 850k I may be wrong that would all be spent already and they will need to match at least our offer of 400k I would say coz Burton will need to relocate to Melbourne family home etc that’s all included I would say

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine we get that dud brenko Lee in return lol.
This went from storm looking for a swap/replacement for JAC to getting Smith and possibly keeping JAC.
This could only happen to the bulldogs lol

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know we need to get rid of the dead wood but my concerns for next year is depth to our centres and wingers ,with smith ,Montoya ,Holland gone do we have back ups is there anyone coming through
Holland montoya and now smith are only a loss in player numbers not player quality.
Based on last 2 seasons the form and what they produced, this is actually considered only getting rid of the rubbish. They will not effect the team in a bad way. You can replace with any RESERVE GRADE quality player and we are even.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So got the official email to say he’s released doesn’t say where? If it is the storm are we getting a swap or we just doing dumb business?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just a release

[emoji599] It's Official [emoji599]

Bulldogs winger Reimis Smith has sought and been granted a release by the club.

The 23 year-old back made 49 appearances for the blue and whites over four seasons, having made his club debut in 2016.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill thanked Smith for his efforts during his time at Belmore :

“The Bulldogs would like to thank Reimis for his hard work and passion during his time at Belmore and wish him all the best in the next stage of his career.

Reimis will always be part of the Bulldogs family and we genuinely wish him the best of luck for the future.”

ramonesdog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I believe smith was on 850k I may be wrong that would all be spent already and they will need to match at least our offer of 400k I would say coz Burton will need to relocate to Melbourne family home etc that’s all included I would say
$1mil. + Tino and Vuni money easily enough to cover a couple of upgrades and make a decent offer to Burton. While Burton would be a guaranteed starter for us, he might see a move to the the Storm as more beneficial for his career long-term

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why are those sides successful because of the spine players not because of the wingers look at the warriors best wingers in the game and shit forever. Putting money is a luxury cap space must be spent on the spine and forward pack that’s what wins games and will make wingers look better than what they are yes a good winger improves the top sides but with a shit spine are useless only used for carries out the half
Yes I agree we have more important positions to fill, but to say a winger shouldn't be on more than 300k is factually incorrect and successful sides have proved that.

Wingers these days are expected to make more carries than props, defuse high pressure bombs, make high pressure reads in defence, produce spectacular mm perfect finishes, etc...the role of a winger is currently at it's absolute peak imo and any winger that is more than just good will easily demand that sort of coin at some stage of their career.

Not every club is as well drilled as the storm and can maintain an extremely high turnover of players across the backline that seem to slot in with ease...but even the storm currently have two wingers on 300k+...