Official Reimis Smith to the Storm

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This is either going to be a Brenko Lee moment where he turns his career around, or Sam Kasiano moment where he continues to top up his super. Knowing how well Bellyache can turn seemingly average outside backs into stars, I can see Reimis earning himself a rep jumper by the end of 2021.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Isnt it obvious Barrett doesn't want him? People saying we've lost our best winger this and that. To me it just looks like Barrett doesn't want him, pretty simple really lol.

Its easier for Bellamy to pick him up and turn him around, because he will be walking into a set system. Players coaches boards all set.

Where as Barrett has to BUILD from the ground up. From rock bottom up. Just guessing, but Barrett probably saw his piss poor performances, terrible attitude on the field, and said to himself he doesn't want him around. So bye bye Reimis.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I always thought Reimis had all the ingredients to be one of the best wingers in the game but for whatever reason he has never reached his potential. There’s every chance he reaches his potential at the Storm but I doubt he was ever going to do that at the Dogs. I wouldn’t have wanted him re-signed next season anyway the only issue is it leaves us skinny in the backs but we have time to fix that.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would we sign mansour? He is not the future.....save the money to make a big play for JAC for 2022
What he's saying is we sign Mansour if that's the ony way that Penrith agree to release Burton early.....I would reluctantly agree to that deal

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If anything now that the toothless tuggers have missed out on JAC I can see Mansour headed to Concord. We are building towards the future not dwelling in the past.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What he's saying is we sign Mansour if that's the ony way that Penrith agree to release Burton early.....I would reluctantly agree to that deal
I would reluctantly agree to that deal as well.....so if Penrith dint want to give us burton for 2021 unless we take mansour .....stuff them....we will sign him for 2022 and save the money to sign JAC for 2022....

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet another top decision from Baz.
Bellamy will unlikely be at storm after this year so we’ll see what magic he can do with Reimis in a year

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Swap deal or not this is great business by the club in my opinion I don’t care how good the winger is no winger should be on more than 300k the roster should be balanced and more important positions should be the focus in the salary cap the spine and even the whole squad every position is a lot more important than a winger even the bench I would go that far to say. DWZ should be given the flick next as well wingers should be Katoa and Okonbur on minimum wage will do more than fine

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Swap deal or not this is great business by the club in my opinion I don’t care how good the winger is no winger should be on more than 300k the roster should be balanced and more important positions should be the focus in the salary cap the spine and even the whole squad every position is a lot more important than a winger even the bench I would go that far to say. DWZ should be given the flick next as well wingers should be Katoa and Okonbur on minimum wage will do more than fine
No more than 300k? Lol c'mon. I agree they shouldn't be on a fortune but recent successful sides have all had wingers on more than that.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I really doubt we are paying freight on Reimis.
We had not real motivation to move him on, so why pay for him to leave?
We aren't under cap pressure, so I cant see us contributing given we are not desperate to clear cap space.
Can't see Storm paying 450K for him tho. Can anybody?

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For the flashes of attacking brilliance Smith has shown, let’s not forget how much of a defensive liability he has been. His contact is poor, makes terrible defensive reads on our goal line. Also, I can’t remember an outside back that gives away as many penalties and gets suspended as much as he does. As soon as his opposite gets the upper hand it’s headbutts, swinging arms and dog shots. In the past 18 months he’s been suspended more than some of our forwards. He’ll be taking all of those carry over points without him to Melbourne.
I do wish him well because he’s a clear talent and we gave him his start, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he flames out.