Referees against us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
They do need to let the game flow more, its become a technical stop start affair and they do tend to nit pick the dogs win or lose.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No one said its the refs fault we are losing. The threads title is refs against us not refs make dogs play like pussies.

S

senna

No one said its the refs fault we are losing. The threads title is refs against us not refs make dogs play like pussies.
actually if you dig deep enough into the OP, you'll see the claim that the referees consecutive penalties gave the game to the nights (knights)

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Personally I am not blaming the refs for our form or lack there of this year, but anyone who does not admit that they have a bearing on or are directly deciding the games outcome has there head in the sand. Anyone who thinks the refs are entirely to blame for where we are on the table is in denial.

S

senna

So by saying this I tell you any team can beat any team on any day just look at the penalties if they are last tackle penalties ,they are obviously helping .first tackle near the try line just to make the numbers even
so are you now contending the refs favour us since the square up penalties for newcastle were soft on our tryline?

Martyr

Waterboy
Reaction score
There was no halfback at the scrum buddy and thats why shayne spray tan hayne had to blow the whistle.
Yep, it was the manly players that made Hayne aware of it by pointing to the spot and saying "there's no halfback" - clear on audio. Can't believe the fox commentator missed that.

Subwoofer

Waterboy
Reaction score
There has been plenty of situations where there have been 2 or 3 penalties in one set occurring a lot of the time in the attacking 20 which slows things down and there is no genuine advantage in the penalties. But these penalties will be not forgotten and huge penalty counts get squared up. Teams purposely give away penalties defending their line, for the purpose of genuine penalty advantage in the attacking 20 when the penalty occurs you should be able to complete the rest of the set and then immediately after have another set if a try hasn't occurred, a 12 tackle set if you like. But you also have the option of taking the 2 points immediately at the occurrence of the penalty made on the run by the captain. No stop in play faster game and no advantage for defending team.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There has been plenty of situations where there have been 2 or 3 penalties in one set occurring a lot of the time in the attacking 20 which slows things down and there is no genuine advantage in the penalties. But these penalties will be not forgotten and huge penalty counts get squared up. Teams purposely give away penalties defending their line, for the purpose of genuine penalty advantage in the attacking 20 when the penalty occurs you should be able to complete the rest of the set and then immediately after have another set if a try hasn't occurred, a 12 tackle set if you like. But you also have the option of taking the 2 points immediately at the occurrence of the penalty made on the run by the captain. No stop in play faster game and no advantage for defending team.
I think they tried something similar in this years all star game, instead of twelve tackles, the set restarted I liked the idea thought the game was fast and continuous

Subwoofer

Waterboy
Reaction score
I think they tried something similar in this years all star game, instead of twelve tackles, the set restarted I liked the idea thought the game was fast and continuous
Heaps better idea the ref doesn't blow the whistle and stop the game temporiliary but shouts something out like another set and if the captain wants to stop the game and take 2 they have that option.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Ok the refs are shit but we are playing shit also, it's an ugly combo.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone see my point seriously !!! The refs decide the games especially against us !! I blame the refs for ruining our momentum and draining us from defending fives sets in a row.now how can any team stay with momentum after a try huh??? Yes I blame the refs for dictating the game against us last week!! Not the position were on the ladder or our season , I'm specifically talking about last weekends game, they fuked us !! I can recall another game for example the titans ,parra game . That was the game Stuart copped a ten thousand $$ fine .. Seriously guys our team had a few harsh calls on the weekend .i don't think any team in the comp can keep Thierry momentum building after a 8-1 penalty count against them!!

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was no halfback at the scrum buddy and thats why shayne spray tan hayne had to blow the whistle.
But he clearly blew time out though before fulltime. I honestly havent checked the official rules but i always thought they only had to form a scrum i.e 3 front rowers, 2 back rowers & a lock than the ref can call time out. I definately could be wrong.

Subwoofer

Waterboy
Reaction score
Doesn't anyone see my point seriously !!! The refs decide the games especially against us !! I blame the refs for ruining our momentum and draining us from defending fives sets in a row.now how can any team stay with momentum after a try huh??? Yes I blame the refs for dictating the game against us last week!! Not the position were on the ladder or our season , I'm specifically talking about last weekends game, they fuked us !! I can recall another game for example the titans ,parra game . That was the game Stuart copped a ten thousand $$ fine .. Seriously guys our team had a few harsh calls on the weekend .i don't think any team in the comp can keep Thierry momentum building after a 8-1 penalty count against them!!
Yes the penalty count was blown out of proportion but we still had our fair share of penalties in the first half. At the end of day when you let a sh!t player like Robbie rochow cross the line early on and give them an early 12 point lead do you really deserve to win, our attack and defence was off and it showed. Square ups will always exist, you just have to take advantage of your chances and we had plenty early on.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a proven fact, that the refs actively try to keep the penalty count even. A few years ago, they were heard asking for the penalty count on their mics. If your leading t !he count, you should expect a few to go their way. Having said that, it's got nothing to do with why we got pumped on the weekend.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The penalty count in the first half always goes against the team that is being dominated in the fowards. The penalised side keep trying to slow the game gown. So, we brought the penalty count upon ourselves. And, no, the refs don't have it in for any team. They are just trying to do their job. Unfortunately, they do get paranoid about lop-sided penalty counts and subconciously try to even it up so it doesn't caterr to fans like you who will always prefer to blame the ref rather than the team.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a proven fact, that the refs actively try to keep the penalty count even. A few years ago, they were heard asking for the penalty count on their mics. If your leading t !he count, you should expect a few to go their way. Having said that, it's got nothing to do with why we got pumped on the weekend.
Really so here's a scenario ok ,"we're losing 18 -6 with ten to go,we're in the back foot with the count 6-2 against us, we get a penalty and three consecutive penalties after that so it becomes 6-5with 2 to go but we land only one try in the dying minutes ".
Doesn't that remind you of how things are these days .that game we got those penalties on the back foot ,yes we did have opportunities but we were tired and by the time we got the momentum going our way with the count at 8-3 it was half time and we kicked the goal.then the next half they Cain us five sets in a row and they have the momentum swung their way .seriously guys wake up !! We did play bad I'm not denying that but the refs are dictating the outcome of the game and getting rid if the contest.the days where the actual better team on paper can get blown away on the park by a nws cup team eg:Melbourne vs panthers game !! So please understand where I'm coming from!!

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They fucked up the game and took all the momentum out of the game for us not on purpose I was getting the shits when newcastle was getting penalised i wanted to shove that whistle up his arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.