Referees against us!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was sitting there in the middle of a family barbecue discussing the game on Sunday at half time with my brother.We both realized something out of the ordinary (8-3) penalties our way.i was hearing on Mmm radio that des had a go with the refs and honestly I look at my brother and I said "we're goooone ,we are going to get cained".no word of a lie in the first five minutes it was 8-7 still our way but wtf .what are these refs doing during halftime ?what do they say to themselves "ohhh we have blown too many for the dogs now des will be happy ,we have to penalise the dogs more".so I expected it and the penalties they gave us were momentum killers and gave the game away to the nights .they take the contest away from they game and they dictate who is going to win ,it's ridiculous !!!i honestly don't get the game anymore it's seriously going down wards with this Daniel Anderson !!even bill harrigan said they were harsh penalties.like if they didn't penalize us soo much right after half time we could've kept that momentum building round into halftime and possibly scored to make it 14-12 our wAy .knowing the dogs with momentum we would've and should've went on with it !!! So by saying this I tell you any team can beat any team on any day just look at the penalties if they are last tackle penalties ,they are obviously helping .first tackle near the try line just to make the numbers even . I know I look deep into things and in specific detail but I know I'm right and enough is enough .maybe we should send that Anderson to that coarse "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH".20 penalties in a game get over it you power tripping sook that can't get over being dumped by the shortest club in history the snakes!!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I too was listening to the game in the old school way (radio) and the commentators said exactly that with Bill Harrigan (did the refs check on the penalty count at halftime) and as you said the count quickly evened out. I can always remember this being the case as in penalty's evening out, the problem now though is the game is different and where as it use to work out even it now ruins and decides games. I have to say though and have always thought this, unfortunately having Ennis as captain I reckon we attract 2-3 more per game just because they hate him!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That's funny. They're against Manly too.
Doubt it, manly and melbourne are the most looked after teams in the nrl and have been for ages. For manly its been decades, evere since arthurson use to fuk the show!

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem we have always had and always will have with referees is the inconsistency. And it's not just week to week, its happening within a game. Having 2 referees was supposed to address the problem but it seems to have heightened them. I do agree though that 21 penalties in any game is way too many. What pisses me off the the piggy back penalties - one after the other for the same offence. It's slows down the momentum of the contest.

S

senna

to anyone who thinks the referees treat a team favourably, put a large amount of money lets say $1,000 on them in their next game or enough to make you care, i guarantee you that youd be feeling the referees were against them during the match

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Souths melb and manly are lovef by the refs.
I cant believe toovey fwit had the hide to criticise the refs. Manly got away with murder in the ruck on monday night and had jason robinson or mr ashley klein been the refs i guarantee u tooveys head would have exploded.
The nrl wants to ride the souths sydney fairytale all the way to the bank because those unemployed inbreds buy every merchandise in sight with their pension money!

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every sides fans think the refs are against them. It isn't a good look.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ref's are not against us, watch any match and you see them making blunder after blunder. The state of refereeing in the NRL is pretty sad at the moment. That call on monday night against the storm when the ref decided it was full time even though he clearly blew his whistle before the siren, that is appalling and cost the storm a good chance at field goal to win the match. Not that i have any love for melbourne, i can't them but had that been the doggies i would have been filthy.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
We completed a total of 5 sets in the 2nd half. You will get pumped by every team with that sort of stat.

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as its the refs fault we lost then that makes me feel better

Pom_81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try turning up for a game as a complete neutral, where you genuinely don't care who wins or loses.

It's amazing how much better the refereeing always is.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The ref's are not against us, watch any match and you see them making blunder after blunder. The state of refereeing in the NRL is pretty sad at the moment. That call on monday night against the storm when the ref decided it was full time even though he clearly blew his whistle before the siren, that is appalling and cost the storm a good chance at field goal to win the match. Not that i have any love for melbourne, i can't them but had that been the doggies i would have been filthy.
There was no halfback at the scrum buddy and thats why shayne spray tan hayne had to blow the whistle.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
21 penalties in any game is a joke mate. They are ruining the game. On monday night the ruck speed was pathetically slow and players were lying all over the player and hands on the ball compared to our 21 penalty massacre. No inconsistency what so ever.
Do u forget jason robinsons refereeing performance in our rnd 1 game vs the cowboys.
Did exactly the same thing and penalised us out of the game incl the 1 metre off our line not square at marker penalty. Plzzzz

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try turning up for a game as a complete neutral, where you genuinely don't care who wins or loses.

It's amazing how much better the refereeing always is.
Totally agree with this, when its not your side you see it's a fair penalty but as soon as its the team you follow every penalty is a bullshit call

pupii

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Poor refs can't win. Lose the penalty count and they're against us, win the penalty count and they blow too many penalties.

We should just tell them we want to win the penalty count 6-4 every week please.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the refs fault? What a load of shit. Refs don't drop the ball and miss tackles.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look at the start of the second half ,they had five sets to nil against us .we kept defending and defending until we broke .eventually they momentum was with them and they went along with it .our confidence went down and with no confidence comes =pushing passes ,stupid decisions and bad ,very bad last tackle options .now if you can't see this occurring in the game from the penalties then your blind .RL is about momentum and field position .with a penalty count 8-1 against us in the second half you have to wonder how it was a 32-0 wipe wash !!

Dex

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look at the start of the second half ,they had five sets to nil against us .we kept defending and defending until we broke .eventually they momentum was with them and they went along with it .our confidence went down and with no confidence comes =pushing passes ,stupid decisions and bad ,very bad last tackle options .now if you can't see this occurring in the game from the penalties then your blind .RL is about momentum and field position .with a penalty count 8-1 against us in the second half you have to wonder how it was a 32-0 wipe wash !!
Sounds the same as the 2012 season..only last year we could defend as many sets as we wanted

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds the same as the 2012 season..only last year we could defend as many sets as we wanted
Defence comes with confidence ,were not that confident just yet but we had those 3wins in a row that started building some confidence then the refs took it away from us .what can you do just have to kick along with it .just hope we make the finals ,hopefully when Greenberg goes in he can sack Daniel Anderson or pull him up and tell him to lay off the dogs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.