REFEREE INFLUNCE "BETTING SECTOR"

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think you may be right about the unconscious bias of referees, I remember Greg Heartly actually admitting after he retired that he supported & favored the Bulldogs back in the 80's, I wish he was still around now that we really need him.
View attachment 25678
Who ever knew or suspected he was a Dogs supporter tho when he officiated?

There was the 7 tackle try but every other game, he seemed as biased as all the rest against us :grinning:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You might be right about the grey areas. I still don't know about actual rorting though.

Have you heard of or used betfair?
I'll be honest and say I have never heard of betfair my bro.

Another agency?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
THIS happened in our Game today.
TBAZ Said it in post match "without being direct" But GAVE the factual reasons.

It's sports tab, tab, points bet, Ladbrokes and all other betting agencies are major sponsors of the NRL & front of jersey major sponsors of some NRL CLUBS.
So when the sponsorship money is coming in from this gambling sector who are putting money into the game then they will influence results to benefit the bottom line.

Nrl does not exist without the sponsorship money so it is like they are held ransom.
The referee has more influence since it has got back to ONE referee which makes it easier for the ref to control the game. Even to extent of how points are scored.
Then there is the VIDEO Ref who can at anytime overturn any decision on the field.
SinBin, send off, and tries.
It is a fact. If the GOVERNMENT can be corrupt, WHY CANT THE NRL?
Nasheed here,
theres 100 thangs wrong with this

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be honest and say I have never heard of betfair my bro.

Another agency?
Nah its not another agency bro, it's an exchange. Hard to explain but basically they aren't a bookie, it's people betting against other people using backing and laying with heaps better odds than every retail bookie. They just take a percentage of winning bets.

The reason I asked is because if someone places a big bet on say sportsbet, and they are at risk of losing a huge amount, sportsbet will then lay that bet on betfair to majorly reduce the amount they will have to pay out.

This is probably all jibberish, took me a while to understand it all but betfair is an awesome thing for any punter.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Nah its not another agency bro, it's an exchange. Hard to explain but basically they aren't a bookie, it's people betting against other people using backing and laying with heaps better odds than every retail bookie. They just take a percentage of winning bets.

The reason I asked is because if someone places a big bet on say sportsbet, and they are at risk of losing a huge amount, sportsbet will then lay that bet on betfair to majorly reduce the amount they will have to pay out.

This is probably all jibberish, took me a while to understand it all but betfair is an awesome thing for any punter.
Wow! That's actually smart.

Is that open to normal punters?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Never heard of this, it's very interesting though. A little suprised it's allowed as by now with all the big players I would have thought there were guidelines around what you can do when simply 'holding' money from a bet yet to be paid out. Anyway sounds a good strategy.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never understood the TAB/betting conspiracy.

There are refs who hate certain teams, are scared of other teams and some refs who are "homers". But I just don't think refs are influenced by gambling
I tend to agree but i can tell you from another popular sport, basketball, the amount of gambling worldwide is outrageous and the refs are a MASSIVE target..we eject people from games constantly.
If an NRL ref gets a call from some guy offering him $100,000 cash to award 3 penalties at particular times its very hard to resist

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I tend to agree but i can tell you from another popular sport, basketball, the amount of gambling worldwide is outrageous and the refs are a MASSIVE target..we eject people from games constantly.
If an NRL ref gets a call from some guy offering him $100,000 cash to award 3 penalties at particular times its very hard to resist
Na, that doesn't happen according to some...

You can rig FIFA but the nrlol is untouchable.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where there is money, there will be corruption, it's as plain as night follows day.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na, that doesn't happen according to some...

You can rig FIFA but the nrlol is untouchable.
Lol yeah exactly .... "No way that would happen here as no one would be silly enough to try that or they might get caught."

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Lol yeah exactly .... "No way that would happen here as no one would be silly enough to try that or they might get caught."
Remember years back they were worried about the Russian mob infiltrating the nrlol and betting?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember years back they were worried about the Russian mob infiltrating the nrlol and betting?
I'd forgotten but wouldn't surprise me as I'm sure consortiums woukd target smaller off shore sports competitions that wouldn't attract as much scrutiny in their own countries.

Anyway they were half right, it just wasn't the Russians just the betting companies.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow! That's actually smart.

Is that open to normal punters?
Yeah bro anyone can use it, I've just got into matched betting and betfair is like king of the punting world. They actually encourage matched betting because they aren't an actual bookie, they still get their percentage off every winning bet, whereas if a retail bookie works out you are matched betting your account will be banned straight away. If you want to know more message me