REFEREE INFLUNCE "BETTING SECTOR"

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
THIS happened in our Game today.
TBAZ Said it in post match "without being direct" But GAVE the factual reasons.

It's sports tab, tab, points bet, Ladbrokes and all other betting agencies are major sponsors of the NRL & front of jersey major sponsors of some NRL CLUBS.
So when the sponsorship money is coming in from this gambling sector who are putting money into the game then they will influence results to benefit the bottom line.

Nrl does not exist without the sponsorship money so it is like they are held ransom.
The referee has more influence since it has got back to ONE referee which makes it easier for the ref to control the game. Even to extent of how points are scored.
Then there is the VIDEO Ref who can at anytime overturn any decision on the field.
SinBin, send off, and tries.
It is a fact. If the GOVERNMENT can be corrupt, WHY CANT THE NRL?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Betting agencies fucked the good game, now it’s a different game , it’s all money now, just a business.. but if you can adapt as storm, Penrith etc, you have a very different chance.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The betting agencies would have loved a Bulldogs upset they would have cleaned up. So many people on here have no idea how bookmakers make money! They love under dogs getting up at big odds.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was not at all happy it seems. Pointed out we were just not good enough, but then again in the second half we had 8-2 six-again tally and a 4-1 penalty count against after we led 10-6 at the break.

This confused me a little bit though with the article posted because those stats are over the whole game not just the second half. Second half stats were 6 again 4-1 and penalties 0-1. First half six again 4-1 and penalties 1-3 giving the totals mentioned by Barrett. Just another typically flawed reort on the NRL website I guess.

Barrett took a notebook into his post-match media conference on Sunday to ensure he delivered a message when asked about the side's scoreless second half in greasy conditions.

He referred to an 8-2 six-again tally and a 4-1 penalty count against them in the second half after they took a 10-6 lead into the break.

We had three in the HIA, one player binned well after the event for a front on tackle made to look worse than what it was because the Parra player kept advancing towards Thompson who simply could not disappear, when in a similar instance there was no penalty or bin for Parra when Brown was done for the Katoa one well after it happened.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The betting agencies would have loved a Bulldogs upset they would have cleaned up. So many people on here have no idea how bookmakers make money! They love under dogs getting up at big odds.
I was just about to post the same thing. I have no doubt the NRL and the new rules favour the top teams and that the game is corrupt to some degree.

I also agree that the betting agencies involvement in the sport and all sports is sickening and the amount of ads on TV are an indictment on the worsening gambling culture in this country.

But I don't think any of the poor officiating is linked with gambling because they'd much rather the rank outsiders win as the bookies would clean up because the majority of the money would be on the favourites.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've never understood the TAB/betting conspiracy.

There are refs who hate certain teams, are scared of other teams and some refs who are "homers". But I just don't think refs are influenced by gambling
I think you'll find that the ref's are being instructed by the officiating upstairs via the ear pieces. The plays and machinations are governed by the live weight of the money. They are going back sets of play to find reasons to change the flow of the game. Today was a classic example. Am I being a conspiracy theorists?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think you'll find that the ref's are being instructed by the officiating upstairs via the ear pieces. The plays and machinations are governed by the live weight of the money. They are going back sets of play to find reasons to change the flow of the game. Today was a classic example. Am I being a conspiracy theorists?
I'd put that more down to the refs own biases rather than betting agency instructions.

For example gerrard sutton is guaranteed to have broncos winning the penalty count at suncorp (when the broncos are good) except for when south Sydney play there. Go through the history books and you'll see it's only souths who win a penalty count up there when sutton is reffing. How is that related to gambling?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd put that more down to the refs own biases rather than betting agency instructions.

For example gerrard sutton is guaranteed to have broncos winning the penalty count at senior (when the broncos are good) except for when south Sydney play there. Go through the history books and you'll see it's only souths who win a penalty count up there when sutton is reffing. How is that related to gambling?
Maybe I am over thinking it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But even then, the Dogs winning would be a way better result for all bookies... I think the refs go into games with pre-conceived notions of who should win and referee the worse teams way more harshly. The new six again rules and crackdown on high shots compound the influence the refs have on the game and favour the better teams. Most people would agree on this point..

But gambling conspiracies make no sense because if that was happening, the favourites would be getting upset all of the time and the refs would be blatantly hammering the top teams with repeated questionable decisions.

The Jerker

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
THIS happened in our Game today.
TBAZ Said it in post match "without being direct" But GAVE the factual reasons.

It's sports tab, tab, points bet, Ladbrokes and all other betting agencies are major sponsors of the NRL & front of jersey major sponsors of some NRL CLUBS.
So when the sponsorship money is coming in from this gambling sector who are putting money into the game then they will influence results to benefit the bottom line.

Nrl does not exist without the sponsorship money so it is like they are held ransom.
The referee has more influence since it has got back to ONE referee which makes it easier for the ref to control the game. Even to extent of how points are scored.
Then there is the VIDEO Ref who can at anytime overturn any decision on the field.
SinBin, send off, and tries.
It is a fact. If the GOVERNMENT can be corrupt, WHY CANT THE NRL?
Take the tin foil hat off.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The nrlol is just a betting product like horse racing. Been saying it for years.

It's not a conspiracy when it's in your face on a game by game basis. It's not like it hasn't been done before with other bigger, more professional sports IE FIFA. What's stopping them making big money on a backyard sport like league.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's not just about a win or loss. So many options to maximise profits. It's not hard to get the refs to maximise profits and/or minimise losses.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad ripped the officials.. that was so badly one sided.. it honestly looked like checchin had money on the game...
I don’t disagree with the officiating today, but he would have only gotten $1.01 for hd-to-hd and $1.05 for Eels13+

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing to do with betting. All has to do with nrl agenda. Keep the top teams winning and bottom teams out of contention. It’s really a 2 horse race atm and imagine a 15th placed dogs team beating 3-4th parra team. Won’t happen with these rules no chance