Opinion Reed Mahoney

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Outstanding today and has been brilliant all season, always leads from the front regardless of how big he is. He epitomises what a bulldog is, attitude and effort spot on, absolutely love him.
He had some great moments, but still alot of hesitation and indecision that cost us plenty of opportunities close to the line. I don't know if it's a trust issue with his spine or he's just overplaying his hand. Once everyone clicks and service become better, he could be very effective in attack.

I mentioned in game day thread also, that he must have a bad rep with the refs, because whenever he catching markers not square he plays for the penalty and never gets rewarded for catching them out.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not convinced hes anywhere near his best at the moment, and with Jake Turpin and Romano Cook (who looks really sharp and has pace), he will need to start performing.

Was disappointed today to see him stupidly put Knights in a position to score by starting a fight. Absolutely no need for it.
Hi Senshidog,

How about I shove my arm in your face and you stand there and say thank you to me?
Cheers

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Senshidog,

How about I shove my arm in your face and you stand there and say thank you to me?
Cheers
You do what the Knights did earlier in the game... ask for a Captains Challenge for something pointless, and get a penalty out of it instead.

someone didnt watch the game lol, mahoney was best on field
Watched the game, was okay, but far from his Parra best.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I thought he got a bit carried away today when the game was won. Kicked 3 times in a row at one point and then involved with that silly business at the end. His D was good always up for the fight

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mahoney was the best on field today for mine. He put everyone over. The fact he took on hethrington too a much bigger body shows Reed puts his heart into every game

chihuahua dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He played like a silly sausage yesterday out of his skin. Turning into an Ennis level shit stirrer also. Loving the Reed

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s killing it this year, still getting the balance of his game right. But he’s bribing the intensity and he’s ruffled the feathers of people every week. Love him.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone didnt watch the game lol, mahoney was best on field
He's not that good. Against a poor injury ravaged team like the knights, we should have won. But mahoneys been poor otherwise. Decision making out of dummy half has been bad, holds the ball for too long and overplays his hand. Need some pace out of dummy half, and quick service to forwards and halves

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's not that good. Against a poor injury ravaged team like the knights, we should have won. But mahoneys been poor otherwise. Decision making out of dummy half has been bad, holds the ball for too long and overplays his hand. Need some pace out of dummy half, and quick service to forwards and halves
hahahahha we clearly hold very different views, injury ravaged? no they wasnt hahahhaha. Mahoney has been one of our best all season, 3 assists in that game also by the way

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not convinced hes anywhere near his best at the moment, and with Jake Turpin and Romano Cook (who looks really sharp and has pace), he will need to start performing.

Was disappointed today to see him stupidly put Knights in a position to score by starting a fight. Absolutely no need for it.
We r definitely going to make some changes in the next few years choosing who u run through finals with is crucial when your side is being pulled apart by offers. Look at Parra.