Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
THINK. Often we have wanted a half or a FB but one wasnt available. We have an outstanding opportunity to snare either Tedesco, Hayne, Foran or Cronk. How many years over the last 4 or 5 have we had such an opportunity. When opportunity strikes you wither take advantage and buy in or sit on your hands and miss out....maybe for many years until such an array of off contract talent is assembled again.

I agree Frawley has started positively but to compare him to Cronk or Foran - international halves - is unfair. Same goes for Tedesco and Hayne. We all agree we may only need 1 key player make us a top 4 team. Once we are a top 4 team again, we can dream of GF's and premierships. The last time we were a top 4 team was 2012 with Barba - the Dally M Player of the Year.

Let this window of opportunity close without getting a superstar in the position we need - FB or Half and forget about premierships for at least 5 years. Make the tough decisions and we could compete for a premiership next year. Its that real.
Wait another five years for a premiership ..................no offence but FUCK THAT!!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2x Tigers will announce they are leaving or staying straight after our game against them on Monday!!!
I'm more than confident in that scenario
Funny how woods said that he would make his decision in 2 weeks which coincides with the week after we play them

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny how woods said that he would make his decision in 2 weeks which coincides with the week after we play them
He will come in for some special treatment this week from our forward pack.
Beating there chest, just to show who is the boss
Hanging out,hope klemmer is in the heat of the battle

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will come in for some special treatment this week from our forward pack.
Beating there chest, just to show who is the boss
Hanging out,hope klemmer is in the heat of the battle
Is klemmer a certainty of playing

Woods played well today
Stack of great offloads

Let's smash him regardless though lol

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is klemmer a certainty of playing

Woods played well today
Stack of great offloads

Let's smash him regardless though lol
Not sure if klem is playing for sure
i thought they said 1 week,woods will need a haircut before becoming a dog.
Some good barbers down at haldon st

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its funny how people are happy to throw 500k on frawley already lol
Don't take me wrong 3 games of first grade and we want to throw the cheque book at him - this is the reason for the massive hole we are in recruitment wise - threw the cash at Mbye when he was just getting the taste of first grade

People are going on about reynolds and how he bleeds blue and white - yet everyone forgets Tony williams played his best footy last year cuz he was off contract - josh can't play 9 he said himself his body can't handle contact - we as dogs supporter want to keep them all but also want to whinge about not recruiting anyone - look a sharks / parra /melbourne / even saints more active then us in the market and hence delivering results

We have to let go of the current Players to ha ve new ones come in to the system
If people think we can only sign tedesco and we are good - no offence but he is already playing with better halves in brooks and moses and they are going nowhere from past 4 years

We need an organising half to go with frawley and a tedesco type player and if we can't get rid of MBYE play him at 9

I like reynolds and his passion but we need more than that
Just an opinion guys!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if klem is playing for sure
i thought they said 1 week,woods will need a haircut before becoming a dog.
Some good barbers down at haldon st
I would give Klemmer another week, make sure his perfect.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its funny how people are happy to throw 500k on frawley already lol
Don't take me wrong 3 games of first grade and we want to throw the cheque book at him - this is the reason for the massive hole we are in recruitment wise - threw the cash at Mbye when he was just getting the taste of first grade

People are going on about reynolds and how he bleeds blue and white - yet everyone forgets Tony williams played his best footy last year cuz he was off contract - josh can't play 9 he said himself his body can't handle contact - we as dogs supporter want to keep them all but also want to whinge about not recruiting anyone - look a sharks / parra /melbourne / even saints more active then us in the market and hence delivering results

We have to let go of the current Players to ha ve new ones come in to the system
If people think we can only sign tedesco and we are good - no offence but he is already playing with better halves in brooks and moses and they are going nowhere from past 4 years

We need an organising half to go with frawley and a tedesco type player and if we can't get rid of MBYE play him at 9

I like reynolds and his passion but we need more than that
Just an opinion guys!
Hey Mr Waterboy,
You made some fair comments regarding our players.
I think we do have up and coming through the ranks,but no real big names have arrived at belmore for a few years.
We need at least 2 outstanding and established players to join the current squad to win a title.
Paul Kent (nrl 360) said last week that the club has no money issues
No reason for us not to attract top players

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
My gut tells me Graham wants out. There have been rumblings about that since last year. I think Woods is being signed to cover for that fact. I think we will land Foran this time and Tedesco is anyone's guess. The Roosters approaching Dugan is positive in that respect.

Ross355

Waterboy
Reaction score
Why is everyone saying we need a fullback?whats wrong with brett morris?

Reactions: DT

Ross355

Waterboy
Reaction score
We need frawley there and eastwood,tolman,hoppa and holland fucked off.buy a couple young hard running forwards and teach one of the 13 how to kick goals.its just not that fucken hard.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Would Dugan be cheaper to get than Tedesco? If so I'd rather that option which would also mean a big no fkn thank you to fair floss woods.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Tedesco would demand more money
just seems to be more hype around him

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would Dugan be cheaper to get than Tedesco? If so I'd rather that option which would also mean a big no fkn thank you to fair floss woods.
You may want to start liking Woods, he is coming in 2018.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Duges would have been good that time that barba ran off.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boyd? We can't have Grandpa Bennett's love child playing for us! The guy is a massive sook and plays in pink boots which show how much of a man he isn't. Not only that, we wouldn't let him play for England.
Boyd is the best defensive and ball playing FB in the game, just behind Billy the Wanka

Status
Not open for further replies.