Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all this talk about us being linked to every off contracted star, we are talikng about who to let go to accommodate them.
I have a hunch we won't land anybody.
No Tedesco, Foran, Cronk,.
My guess is as good as anybodys but when it's been mentioned offloading the morris twins, graham or Reynolds i fear of the experience and holes this will leave in our team. These players are a walk in in any nrl team. Other clubs are drooling at the prospect of us gifting them to their sides.
There's not much wrong with our older players. With the right organizer they are looking the goods again. New players might cost us a heap and might not gel with our footballing culture.
Long story short do you throw your older tyres out and buy new ones. Or can we get more milage by rotating around our existing ones?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Going who we have been " linked" to over the last 5 years and who we got.im thinking 99.99% of it is bullshit. Im more excited to see what we got coming through our on ranks , Elliott ,montoya , both pups coming through the ranks and seem well spoken proud to be at the dogs and play with heart .rmf looks like he may be a dude who can bust games open and could be an animal. Abbey is a work in progress .faluolo or however you say it coming along nice .

I don't know if chewing the cap up for a so called game breaker is the right way to go.if they get injured your fucked id prefer 17 ***** working as 1 doing their job.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
New players might cost us a heap and might not gel with our footballing culture.
Some of the older players aren't gelling with the footballing culture. (*cough* Hasler's game plan. *cough*)

Reactions: DT

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Idk tbh. Like even though Reynolds has looked really good the last couple of weeks, can he keep it up? is he worth the reported 800k?, thats the issue I have with Reynolds were he has the ability to make a difference to our team but we don't see it week in week out, but I'll give him the next couple of weeks to see if all he really needed was a proper halfback.

But we need to sign a fullback there's no question about that. Tedesco or Dugan should be first choice and if not go for a bolter like Dylan Edwards.

A genuine question would be, if we were given the chance to sign Foran for 900k or re-sign Reynolds for 800k which one would you sign, personally I would take Foran but I know that after yesterdays performance many here would sign Reynolds.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A genuine question would be, if we were given the chance to sign Foran for 900k or re-sign Reynolds for 800k which one would you sign, personally I would take Foran but I know that after yesterdays performance many here would sign Reynolds.
For 100k more Foran is a no brainer. But who does he want to play for. Manly Parra Warriors Storm Bulldogs. That's what culture is. Playing with a club for passion not just money.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going who we have been " linked" to over the last 5 years and who we got.im thinking 99.99% of it is bullshit. Im more excited to see what we got coming through our on ranks , Elliott ,montoya , both pups coming through the ranks and seem well spoken proud to be at the dogs and play with heart .rmf looks like he may be a dude who can bust games open and could be an animal. Abbey is a work in progress .faluolo or however you say it coming along nice .

I don't know if chewing the cap up for a so called game breaker is the right way to go.if they get injured your fucked id prefer 17 ***** working as 1 doing their job.
We're on the same frequency. :grinning:

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign Tedesco now
I kind of agree. The side is developing nicely.
I did want mbye to be tested at fullback but he suprised me at hooker. Fullback still remains our weakest link.
Tedesco stated it's not about the money but success.
We don't want to spend too much either but we make the finals every year. So come over to the bulldogs son. We are a perfect fit for each other.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Idk tbh. Like even though Reynolds has looked really good the last couple of weeks, can he keep it up? is he worth the reported 800k?, thats the issue I have with Reynolds were he has the ability to make a difference to our team but we don't see it week in week out, but I'll give him the next couple of weeks to see if all he really needed was a proper halfback.

But we need to sign a fullback there's no question about that. Tedesco or Dugan should be first choice and if not go for a bolter like Dylan Edwards.

Id prefer Reynolds if he keeps his form. Hes been good this year except in 1 match where the whole team was shit. That also was with Mbye at halfback. Hes a true bulldog and loves the jersey. His passion is good for team mates too. He fires them up. Foran is a mercenary and in it for the $ only. Minute u piss him off or he gets offered more he will be gone.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The name i'm hoping for recruitment wise is Rona. Would love to see him back in that 1-5 somewhere.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The question is whats left on the market?

Fullback wise you have Tedesco, Boyd & Dugan.

With Mbye showing hes strongest game out of dummy half you can see Frawley, Reynolds & Mbye gelling well.

Brett Morris looked super dangerous yesterday but you know he will go down sooner rather than later. He went down yesterday and im sure we all had our hearts in our mouths. I really hope Des injects Morris in attack lurking around the ruck, coming in off his wing.

I am of the opinion we need a Fullback and another top class forward. Eastwood is seriously not cutting it. Not many forwards around on the market unless you get that Fijian Kikau from the panthers at the right price

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

After Foran's performance the last 3 weeks, I'd probably sign anyone over Foran.

He doesn't have his head in the game right now and I doubt Des would turn him around.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually I take that back. Last week Foran was great but this week and 2 weeks ago he was rubbish.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We've had quite an easy draw the last few rounds. We do beat the lesser teams yet we need to win the bigger matches. I think we need a quality half or fullback, even though Frawls is kicking arse. I also think we actually need a damaging wide running second rower. Perhaps more so than a back..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We've had quite an easy draw the last few rounds. We do beat the lesser teams yet we need to win the bigger matches. I think we need a quality half or fullback, even though Frawls is kicking arse. I also think we actually need a damaging wide running second rower. Perhaps more so than a back..
Between Adam Elliot, Josh Jackson and RFM we should have that role covered.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we have some pretty solid depth in a few positions, and if we persist with frawley long term, i think this is our best halfback option really because he will have a connection with our up and comers eg. Montoya, abbey, elliot, RFM etc.
A strike fullback would be great though. However i dont think we should break the bank for tedesco. Especially if we have to move players on.
I have always been a massive eastwood fan, but he really isnt offering much these days. But it seems to me like des is slowly phasing him out. I think he only played 42 mins v the rabbits, and all of our bench forwards got close to the same. So maybe there is a changing of the guard happening.
I think having woods in a year or two time could be good, but thats not really an option as he is off contract now. I guess we will see what happens.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
We're just missing Teddy and that's it, but knowing our luck, we'll end up with having to lose Graham and Grub to pick up that pillow-biting marshmallow Woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.