Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Also I think that Hayne will leave the coast this season and wherever he ends up will create another merry go round.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Actually I take that back. Last week Foran was great but this week and 2 weeks ago he was rubbish.
He was great the first 2 weeks, looked off it this week.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Going who we have been " linked" to over the last 5 years and who we got.im thinking 99.99% of it is bullshit. Im more excited to see what we got coming through our on ranks , Elliott ,montoya , both pups coming through the ranks and seem well spoken proud to be at the dogs and play with heart .rmf looks like he may be a dude who can bust games open and could be an animal. Abbey is a work in progress .faluolo or however you say it coming along nice .

I don't know if chewing the cap up for a so called game breaker is the right way to go.if they get injured your fucked id prefer 17 ***** working as 1 doing their job.

Yeah but sadly I don't think that wins you a comp...

We need one or two stars who can break a game open. That's why we need more then just Tedesco we also need a Foran or Cronk

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I think are the most likely signings are Tedesco and Woods from the Tigers.

My thoughts are based on the fact that Tedesco and Woods have a "togetherness" through being part of the Tigers "Big Four" so they are likely to sign with the same club. But I think the big swinger is that Woods and David Klemmer are good mates as well.

Not so long ago Woods tried to get Klemmer to sign with the Tigers but that was a no go. Now the pendulum has swung the other way and it now looks like it will be a Woods to the Bulldogs.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idk tbh. Like even though Reynolds has looked really good the last couple of weeks, can he keep it up? is he worth the reported 800k?, thats the issue I have with Reynolds were he has the ability to make a difference to our team but we don't see it week in week out, but I'll give him the next couple of weeks to see if all he really needed was a proper halfback.

But we need to sign a fullback there's no question about that. Tedesco or Dugan should be first choice and if not go for a bolter like Dylan Edwards.

A genuine question would be, if we were given the chance to sign Foran for 900k or re-sign Reynolds for 800k which one would you sign, personally I would take Foran but I know that after yesterdays performance many here would sign Reynolds.
Renoylds will resign on about 600 I reckon with a long term deal

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds at $600k upgrade Frawley to $500-$600k ish well have well have great value halves and allow us to spend the $1 mill on teddy and with Moses at 9 we will have a very good up and coming spine for 5-10 years but they better not let jammer go

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Reynolds at $600k upgrade Frawley to $500-$600k ish well have well have great value halves and allow us to spend the $1 mill on teddy and with Moses at 9 we will have a very good up and coming spine for 5-10 years but they better not let jammer go
Upgrade Frawley to half a million??? I'm so glad you aren't in charge lol

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And today were linked to Albert Kelly, his been tearing the super league up and still only 26 but not sold on him and has off field dramas.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And today were linked to Albert Kelly, his been tearing the super league up and still only 26 but not sold on him and has off field dramas.
Albert Kelly, hahaha, yeah right...will never play for Canterbury (i hope)...never can be too certain these days if course.
I think Woods is across the line and not as confident about Tedesco but he would be next then Foran or Cronk.
Foran is a head case but a bloody good footballer as is Cronk.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
100%agree!!

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I second this. Frawley already extended his contract earlier this year. We cannot be giving the flavour of the month an upgrade because he is playing well. Give him a full season in the 7 and re-evaluate in the off season.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2x Tigers will announce they are leaving or staying straight after our game against them on Monday!!!
I'm more than confident in that scenario

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I second this. Frawley already extended his contract earlier this year. We cannot be giving the flavour of the month an upgrade because he is playing well. Give him a full season in the 7 and re-evaluate in the off season.
Im pretty sure thats what was meant. Uograde him once his contract was up. Why would anyone suggest giving a player more money when he is already contracted. But letting him know he will earn more once his contracts is up is not a bad move, especially given a player is a free agent within the year of their contracts end.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
With all this talk about us being linked to every off contracted star, we are talikng about who to let go to accommodate them.
I have a hunch we won't land anybody.
No Tedesco, Foran, Cronk,.
My guess is as good as anybodys but when it's been mentioned offloading the morris twins, graham or Reynolds i fear of the experience and holes this will leave in our team. These players are a walk in in any nrl team. Other clubs are drooling at the prospect of us gifting them to their sides.
There's not much wrong with our older players. With the right organizer they are looking the goods again. New players might cost us a heap and might not gel with our footballing culture.
Long story short do you throw your older tyres out and buy new ones. Or can we get more milage by rotating around our existing ones?
THINK. Often we have wanted a half or a FB but one wasnt available. We have an outstanding opportunity to snare either Tedesco, Hayne, Foran or Cronk. How many years over the last 4 or 5 have we had such an opportunity. When opportunity strikes you wither take advantage and buy in or sit on your hands and miss out....maybe for many years until such an array of off contract talent is assembled again.

I agree Frawley has started positively but to compare him to Cronk or Foran - international halves - is unfair. Same goes for Tedesco and Hayne. We all agree we may only need 1 key player make us a top 4 team. Once we are a top 4 team again, we can dream of GF's and premierships. The last time we were a top 4 team was 2012 with Barba - the Dally M Player of the Year.

Let this window of opportunity close without getting a superstar in the position we need - FB or Half and forget about premierships for at least 5 years. Make the tough decisions and we could compete for a premiership next year. Its that real.

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Id prefer Reynolds if he keeps his form. Hes been good this year except in 1 match where the whole team was shit. That also was with Mbye at halfback. Hes a true bulldog and loves the jersey. His passion is good for team mates too. He fires them up. Foran is a mercenary and in it for the $ only. Minute u piss him off or he gets offered more he will be gone.
Loved the bulldogs blah blah blah-all heart blah blah
It business

If it means cut him for either cron foran tedesco- do it!

Minion

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The question is whats left on the market?

Fullback wise you have Tedesco, Boyd & Dugan.

With Mbye showing hes strongest game out of dummy half you can see Frawley, Reynolds & Mbye gelling well.

Brett Morris looked super dangerous yesterday but you know he will go down sooner rather than later. He went down yesterday and im sure we all had our hearts in our mouths. I really hope Des injects Morris in attack lurking around the ruck, coming in off his wing.

I am of the opinion we need a Fullback and another top class forward. Eastwood is seriously not cutting it. Not many forwards around on the market unless you get that Fijian Kikau from the panthers at the right price
Boyd? We can't have Grandpa Bennett's love child playing for us! The guy is a massive sook and plays in pink boots which show how much of a man he isn't. Not only that, we wouldn't let him play for England.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's a halfback champ I'm so glad your not in charge $500k for a half back these days is like $300k a couple of years ago ,its small change for the key position in a team and Guess what champ if we don't lock him up like that the storm will do it and guys like you will be carrying on why did we let him go -

Status
Not open for further replies.