Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cogger hasn't proven shit yet people are stressing about him backflipping on us lol

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really dont think one player can turn this side around...alot of issues across the park.

Yes but it’s a very important position he plays, very good goal kicker mate not saying we become a top 4 side but maybe play finals

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm willing to give Pay the chance to get the side playing well. But he promised some things when he signed up that I'm struggling to see so far. But I'll admit that I had concerns about throwing him in given that he's spent a long while as an assistant coach elsewhere. I know every coach had to debut somewhere, but signing Pay was a gamble made by a CEO who felt it was the best way to hold onto his position based on some catchphrases thrown around by disgruntled fans in my opinion. I Really think that we'd have been better served signing Cleary.
Some of the things he quoted are things that he wanted to see. Unfortunately the team is simply incapable of producing those things.
Lets face it. Dean Pay has inherited a nightmare. Overpaid and under performing players.
Nobody could make a difference with this team. However, if they get their game together, and play as a team, they could win a fair share of the games left.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes but it’s a very important position he plays, very good goal kicker mate not saying we become a top 4 side but maybe play finals
Yeah all good mate. We definitely need to sort out a five eight or half i can agree with u on that. I just dont like buying for the sake of it when we could promote a youngster who can stick around for close to 10years.... lewis might be shit in 1st grade for all i know, but if he signs somewhere else because he cant get a run and turns out to be the next superstar...... well u get my drift

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll never re-build a winning culture by lowering our standards looking for short term success. That's a recipe for long term failure.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Ill get blasted for this but farahs playing nsw cup and we could use him. Excellent service and control from dummy half. Exactly what we need atm. Plus he can kick. Hes streaks ahead of any dummy half option we have atm.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Atm I would take anyone with talent in a heartbeat

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His ego has taken a massive hit so could be a good option if we offer him small money and he has to prove himself to show the rest that doubted him he can still play... it’s worth a shot if we get him cheap but if we are rebuilding it will Only be short term and could possibly be the end of one of juniors if we took this path

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
After Jamie Soward he is my most hated player due to his ego. However, he is a good player when on form and offers a superior kicking game out of dummy half. He is 34 though.. worth the punt?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh I’d take him.

Need him to white ant pay, so we get a new coach.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
The thing with farah is you cant restrict his game. Hes a very dominant playmaker and it may mean less ball for our halves. But hes very clever and provided he has support hel create.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
At 18-6 (Half Time) to the Bears I was all with you.
At 22-18 to the Jets I was like "yeah nah".
At 22 All (Full Time) ... NOPE

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ill get blasted for this but farahs playing nsw cup and we could use him. Excellent service and control from dummy half. Exactly what we need atm. Plus he can kick. Hes streaks ahead of any dummy half option we have atm.
I was actually thinking that... Big waste in ISP really. Without a doubt his footy smarts could be really helpful for any team even the dogs considering we have a few hookers with potential who could do with a lesson or 2 from a seasoned pro.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After Jamie Soward he is my most hated player due to his ego. However, he is a good player when on form and offers a superior kicking game out of dummy half. He is 34 though.. worth the punt?
So Is Bunji and his killing it.... Form and confidence is a mutha.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He' had his day
That would at best only be a short term solution.i reckon leave jmk there.

You don’t think jmk is short term?
And if the answer is yes then which short term player would you prefer and can win us games?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No I don' think jmk is short term.i think he' tough and has the ability to be what we need.he just needs time.id rather give him some time than bring in a player that' at is at the end of his career that will make little difference anyway given where the team is at.

So you think he will be our future hooker? Long term?

Removed sbw went to roosters short term and they won the comp.