Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Na i wouldn't. Not going to win the title either way. I reckon we need to test lewis in that role to see if we keep him or not.
Can understand why pay hasn't tried lewis just yet, but when we are definitely out of finals contention i expect him to use him to see if he has a future here.
I can also understand ppl wanting carney for a quick fix but I'd rather start the blooding and chopping process asap

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Na i wouldn't. Not going to win the title either way. I reckon we need to test lewis in that role to see if we keep him or not.
Can understand why pay hasn't tried lewis just yet, but when we are definitely out of finals contention i expect him to use him to see if he has a future here.
I can also understand ppl wanting carney for a quick fix but I'd rather start the blooding and chopping process asap

A player of his calibure COULD tune us into finals contention... yes his not young anymore but a risk worth taking

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A player of his calibure COULD tune us into finals contention... yes his not young anymore but a risk worth taking
I really dont think one player can turn this side around...alot of issues across the park.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a yes from me..!!!

Right now more than anything we need someone to take us into the top eight, and carney would be the man to take us there!

He may be a twat or whatever but his playing skills an experience is what we need right now an quick .

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, and if he doesn't work out, we can use him as a bubbler in front of the leagues club...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Depends which media report you read.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...y/news-story/036860308971cb2f5c3570775564effe
Paul Kent is simply reporting he's returning to Sydney because of an ailing family member, and trying to get a gig at Newtown Jets.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/05/01/19/13/todd-carney-leaves-cowboys-for-sydney
WWOS and the Prides coach has stated he's returning to Sydney indefinitely due to an ailing family member, and "football is the last thing on his mind at the moment".

http://www.cairnspost.com.au/sport/...s/news-story/a551a95e3cb38d331713d4d106b6bed1
Cairns Post reports he might be returning but it's not concrete (signed a 3 years deal with Pride).

“Todd has been outstanding for us. He’ll be sorely missed by the playing group,” Williamson said.

“To have an Australian representative at the Pride was unprecedented. But at the end of the day rugby league is just a sport. We’re disappointed but we’ve got to think of Todd’s welfare. He’s got to go. Football is the last thing on his mind right now. I don’t think the last eight weeks has been easy. I think seeing his mum in Sydney last week brought everything home for him.”

Pride coach Ty Williams said he had spoken to Carney on multiple occasion in recent weeks about the possibility of him returning to Sydney to be closer to his family.

“Todd and I have struck up a pretty good relationship while he’s been here,” Williams said.

“He spoke to me late last week and I said I’d back him no matter what. I think he’s made the right decision for his family. We support him on and off the field. He’s been massive for us … he’s put us in a good position for the next six months of the competition.

Asked if Carney would play in the NRL again, Williams said: “I hope so but that’s not his priority right now. The door on him (playing NRL) hasn’t been closed. It’s personal thing (he’s leaving for).”

Last edited:

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He signed with the Northern Pride (Cowboys feeder club) and is (or was) in Sydney meeting Greenberg/the NRL to discuss a plan of action that would allow him to return to the game via the Cowboys.
He has quit Cairns and left for Sydney due to some illness in the family. Cowboys are not happy.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He signed with the Northern Pride (Cowboys feeder club) and is (or was) in Sydney meeting Greenberg/the NRL to discuss a plan of action that would allow him to return to the game via the Cowboys.
Nope.

Quit Northern Pride. “Family reasons” have him moving back to Sydney immediately.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes why not. We need something right now. He pisses all over JMK, Frawley

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
And cogger...?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just updated my post with latest articles.

Sounds like a direct family member is very ill.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
From memory I think part of the deal was that he would have to stay with Northern Pride to play in the NRL at all, and leaving NP meant the end of his NRL career. I could be wrong though.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And cogger...?
I'm desperate for something but Carney might be a thorn that puts doubt in Cogger's mind. We've had Newcastle signings renege on us before.
I say leave things the way they are.
Cogger is getting a groove in NRL and hopefully won't be gun shy when he does his thing for the dogs.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pray Cogger develops and repeats history next year like the tine we groomed a half back many years ago. And then lost him to a club from Townsville.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Doggies should have a crack at Mason Lino who has been just as effective as Shaun Johnson when filling in for him.

Carney at the Jets suggests a chance of him returning to Sharks, as crazy as it would seem

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
People do know it's not 2010? A bloke over 30 who hasn't played in the NRL for years with a horrendous disciplinary record. What a magnificent idea with hardly any downsides.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Pay is planning on playing JMK and Frawley in the halves for the rest of the year then yes on a 1 yr deal just to get us away from the spoon. We do not need him past the season unfortunately as we have will have Lewis and Coggar.