Really Dissapointed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really dissapointed into today's performance by the boys.

We pretty much saved up our worst for last. We looked lost as soon as the Knights got ontop. We played comeback-style football after the 20min mark and allowed the Knights to just grind their way to the end.

I've never seen us play so badly in such an important game. We have been an embaressment to the competition - that we were able to finish 6th, while more deserving sides missed out.

I really thought that playing last this week would've showed the boys what was required to win finals footy.

I've sort of just typed everything what was going through my head... I'm shattered at the moment and am at a loss of words to be honest.

Naki

Kennel Established
Reaction score
ad i bet a lot of you were confident... i knew we would lose but i had faith we'd pull our fingers out... but i'm no stranger to disappointment so i'm good.

Des playing Barba was not a good idea... I've got nothing good to say about this performance because it was straight out embarrassing so i'll keep it to my self... the only ones who looked like they gave a shiit were Jackson and Reynolds..

see you all next season... hopefully with Hayne in our ranks

CUBAI!

bring on the EPL and cmon gunners! <3

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You type well for a shattered man Raysie. They were plain S H I T there is a lot work to be done in the off season. The whole team had mad monday on their minds or end of season trip. Attack and line speed in D needs a lot of work.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I am disappointed to mate, but we deserved our spot in the finals, ultimately we were just not old enough, and we pay des the big $$$ to work out a game plan to improve next ye, without the rubbish from barba and with a good off season and a new game plan I am sure we will rise again next year, well that is what I tell myself to get through the long off season

fingerman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just dont understand what's wrong, so much for hoping we were 'under the radar'. Put simply, we're just shit this year. The game against Manly gave me some hope that we were saving the best for the finals but how wrong was I. This year has been nothing but a total distraction.

Anyways, thanks for the memories Ben. We started the season without you and finished it with out you. Good luck at the Broncos.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a crap day barba should have never played today. Inu should have been there our kicks especially for drop outs and restart were complete shit.

To add insult to today loss they fcuk my multi and $6000 all they needed to do is win.

elusivedog

New Pup
Reaction score
Summed up our year
hopefully all the shit is over and we can start fresh

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You type well for a shattered man Raysie. They were plain S H I T there is a lot work to be done in the off season. The whole team had mad monday on their minds or end of season trip. Attack and line speed in D needs a lot of work.
They were plain S H I T... This is no time to praise them Guard Dog.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we keep the same line-up for 2014, we're gone already. Keeping the same team tells them that what we did this year was OK by the Dogs.

I'm sorry, but I have to say that Ennis is more liability than asset. Same goes for Williams.

Buying another superstar in Hayne - especially one who is injury prone - is no answer to our woes.

I need to see something positive in the off season to justify spending hundreds of dollars on another membership year.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
we have all sorts of problems and part of it is our coaching.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
they got beat, they are gone for the season, but the sun will be up again tomorrow and the dogs will be there again next season

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm still confused about the whole 2013 season to be honest.

I really do like Hasler, but 2 things have annoyed me this year and it's been an issue since Round 1:

1. Since the first set this year, we knew straight away we were going to do the exact same set plays we did last year. Opposing sides planned for it... but didn't actually think we'd implement the exact same plays right up to week of the finals.

2. Our defense between Reynolds, Inu/Lafai and Perrett have been below first grade standard since Round 1. Yet Hasler didn't do a thing to change it, and as a result became worse and worse as the season went on.

The 2 above points have been ignored by coaching staff all season and blamed on defense on the edges being harder than it looks and that we've had suspensions and injury all year.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
Only if the players knew how the fans feel...

Spaz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Really dissapointed into today's performance by the boys.

We pretty much saved up our worst for last. We looked lost as soon as the Knights got ontop. We played comeback-style football after the 20min mark and allowed the Knights to just grind their way to the end.

I've never seen us play so badly in such an important game. We have been an embaressment to the competition - that we were able to finish 6th, while more deserving sides missed out.

I really thought that playing last this week would've showed the boys what was required to win finals footy.

I've sort of just typed everything what was going through my head... I'm shattered at the moment and am at a loss of words to be honest.

COuldnt agree more, it was the worst game of the year. The most important and we dished that up. Man it was a odd year, deep down, we didnt deserve to go on, it was a fitting result to a flat year. Too many off field dramas. We never really clicked, still I thought we'd put up some resistance in this game. Shattered.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Disappointed but not surprised seamed like a fitting end to the season
To many teams playing much better footy all year, 6 th spot was about the right place you just don't win from that far back.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Absolute rubbish. Seemed like they gave up. Embarrassing to watch. Glad the seasons over and now they can review and fix our woes from this year.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Those last 20min there.... I've seen the Eels play with more gritt then that.

I actually felt sad for them that they'd given up so easily. I've never seen us do it before today.

Status
Not open for further replies.