Rd5 : Are you going to SCG ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzkill4eva

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
awsome to here, just a quick question where will the army sit?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
SCG? Has an NRL game even been played there before?
lol

And that's bloody awesome. I have never been to a match there. Do we have to get our tix re-issued?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
SCG? Has an NRL game even been played there before?
Yes dragons played there last year against the roosters in front 38000 fans

And we did play the dragons there in 85 gf and won :grinning:

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol

And that's bloody awesome. I have never been to a match there. Do we have to get our tix re-issued?
x2 Im sure most of us already have tickets for Kogarah.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
where the army sits.......is where every bulldogs fan should sit that day.........make sure you guys post it up......and ill make sure im sitting there.........would love to see 10-20 thousand dogs fans grouped all together

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
where the army sits.......is where every bulldogs fan should sit that day.........make sure you guys post it up......and ill make sure im sitting there.........would love to see 10-20 thousand dogs fans grouped all together
Challenge accepted !!! :becky:

Gonna be tricky ... I dont think there'll be a traditional GA ... more like an allocated-GA.

But it'll be my 1st game at the SCG EVER !!!

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
if you have brought tickets they will just be re-issued.

If you brought a ga ticket for kogarah you will be given a ga for scg.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do we get them on the day or do we need to get them beforehand?

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

is there a map which shoes what area of SCG is GA?

Maza

Reaction score
Watched there once saints v souths, hated it there.

Not sure if it was the ground or the teams.

Last edited by a moderator:

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hate both Kogarah and Wollongong as grounds.

This is good news

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So the game has offically been moved to the SCG?

Wow. Tried to buy tickets today and they've been stopped. So that must be the reason. Don't want to go now. I hate the SCG. Terrible point of view, no atmosphere, no nostalgia and not the same colour, memories. I'm devastated. I was gonna pay $50 for tickets to get proper seats there for once instead of always being crammed on the hill seeing nothing and being uncomfortable all game. That is tonnes for me because I never pay for tickets as my mates and I have NRL season passes and get into all games free.

That's how much I love the derby at Kogarah. And now they move it to get maybe 8k more people to a sh*t atmosphere? What is the point of naming it there then? What's the point in spending $100's of millions on that f**king ground if they take away great games like this one that people would give their left nut to go to? Why not just all play at ANZ? I'm furious. They've taken away what would have been another great experience for fans and turned it into more money. I'll definitely be watching it on TV now an saving my money. I'm disgusted and furious and think they should just stop pretending and get rid of tho se grounds if their going to be as weak and pathetic as this.

I was gonna go with my uncle who goes for Saints who I never go with or take my two little brothers to their first game with me. That's how special this game at that ground is for me. Now, I couldn't care less. We might as well be playing Nth Qld at Suncorp. Again, furious and disgusted.

What they did taking the Souths/Tigers games from Leichardt away was pathetic, those games were magical to go to. And what about the Tigers/Dogs game at Campelltown? If ticket sales sore there to a game everyone is looking forward to, will they take it away from those people at that ground who only get a few games a year and move it to ANZ to get 5k more and no atmosphere? Or the SFS and get 20k instead of 18k? Again, disgraceful and pathetic.

Why have these grounds? Why name the venues at all? It's not even a finals game.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So the game has offically been moved to the SCG?

Wow. Tried to buy tickets today and they've been stopped. So that must be the reason. Don't want to go now. I hate the SCG. Terrible point of view, no atmosphere, no nostalgia and not the same colour, memories. I'm devastated. I was gonna pay $50 for tickets to get proper seats there for once instead of always being crammed on the hill seeing nothing and being uncomfortable all game. That is tonnes for me because I never pay for tickets as my mates and I have NRL season passes.

That's how much I love the derby at Kogarah. And now they move it to get maybe 8k more people to a sh*t atmosphere? What is the point of naming it there then? What's the point in spending $100's of millions on that f**king ground if they take away great games like this one that people would give their left nut to go to? Why not just all play at ANZ? I'm furious. They've taken away what would have been another great experience for fans and turned it into more money. I'll definitely be watching it on TV now an saving my money. I'm disgusted and furious and think they should just stop pretending and get rid of those grounds if their going to be as weak and pathetic as this.
I've never been there before, so im happy :D get to experience something new

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
Do we get them on the day or do we need to get them beforehand?
not sure yet but most likely via e-mail or mail

is there a map which shoes what area of SCG is GA?
nothing available yet, in the next day or 2 the seating will be released

tbh its a **** ass ground for league. no matter where you are sitting you are so far away its pathetic. For once behind the goals is the closes to the field lol

luke

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ben they moved it because kograh wasn't ready not to accommodate more people lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's sh*t Moeseph. I've been there about 7 times and never liked it. Way too far from the action and when there's a good crowd if you have decent seats it can be OK (like at the Tigers/Rabbits games) but I've been to Leichhardt for that same game twice and will never forget it. Same with this game. How many more will they get? 6k? They would have got 18k packed at the best atmosphere ever. Instead they'll get between 25-28k at a decent atmosphere, take one of 6 games away from Kogarah, have nowhere near the tradition, nostalgia, and not be fair to the people who live in that area, who lobbied for 100's of millions for funding for that f**king ground!

Why give them the funding when they do this? Again, why have those grounds at all then? Let's all play at ANZ. Who wants to see Saints/Cowboys at Kogarah or Tigers/Panthers at Leichhardt? You want to see the classic rivalries for club games there once or twice every few years. And that's how rarely it happens. And we don't even get that now. Obviously they get more money. But there is more of an obligation than that.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
It's sh*t Moeseph. I've been there about 7 times and never liked it. Way too far from the action and when there's a good crowd if you have decent seats it can be OK (like at the Tigers/Rabbits games) but I've been to Leichhardt for that same game twice and will never forget it. Same with this game. How many more will they get? 6k? They would have got 18k packed at the best atmosphere ever. Instead they'll get between 25-28k at a decent atmosphere, take one of 6 games away from Kogarah, have nowhere near the tradition, nostalgia, and not be fair to the people who live in that area, who lobbied for 100's of millions for funding for that f**king ground!

Why give them the funding when they do this? Again, why have those grounds at all then? Let's all play at ANZ. Who wants to see Saints/Cowboys at Kogarah or Tigers/Panthers at Leichhardt? You want to see the classic rivalries for club games there once or twice every few years. And that's how rarely it happens. And we don't even get that now. Obviously they get more money. But there is more of an obligation than that.
what kills me is why would you redevelope both your stadiums at the same time when there was a chance of this happening?

how about finish one than start the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.