Opinion Rd 15 V Parramatta

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just stay in the game for 80 minutes is all i can ask for. Some good players are coming into the mix every year. The bad players are fading out more from Baz and The Andersons era.

I’m disappointed about this Nu Brown isolation. Just stick him at 14 ffs he’s our best utility option and is a good NRL bench player.
@babypup quit laughing chump

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eels games are always winnable games for us as we do lift against them. This game being at Accor is a big plus for us.

Classic case was last year when we were on a long losing streak and weren't given any hope but ended up thrashing them at Accor Stadium 34-4.

Eels are a lot harder to beat at their home ground, CommBank Stadium as the Eels fans influence the refs as they're a lot closer to the players and therefore get more 6 again, penalties and ball.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kiraz is a big in for us and good to see some troops returning from injury.

Burns is named in the Reserves but was expected to be out for 6-8 weeks after an injury in Round 9 against the Saints and I thought I read a few months back that Thompson could be back at the earliest, round 16 but doubt they'd risk him before another bye round.

We desperately need Thompson back after being out for so long, he needs to start earning the money we spent on him and hopefully we see it sooner rather than later. His inclusion will allow King to go back to where he is best suited in the 2nd row or at lock and hopefully that gets rid of Knockonbor from the team who isn't first grade standard, but CC seems to think so.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see a few are bagging Perham and while he's not the answer to who will be our long-term FB, that has already been fixed with the signing of Chrichton next year, from what I've seen Perham has improved the more he has played at FB.

At least he has a dig and did set up JAC beautifully for that try against the Rorters with a beautifully timed pass after drawing the defender. He's not going to win you a game like Chrichton can with individual brilliance but he's doing OK IMO.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully they all do. Eels is one game they should be fired up for. We hate them scum
Last year they responded second game to our flogging and gave their own we should do the same this year. Every teams star players always have a good game against us expect Moses the flat track bully to have a crack.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Last year they responded second game to our flogging and gave their own we should do the same this year. Every teams star players always have a good game against us expect Moses the flat track bully to have a crack.
Moses will be out to try claim that origin jersey aswell. But they’re beatable we just need to show up defensively.

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burns is actually a very good player. Not sure why he gets a lot of hate on here. If injuries hadn’t hampered his career, we’d have seen a lot more of him in first grade
If injuries hadn't hampered him so much he would still be at Souths! He has always had lots of ability and is a very nice bloke but if he can't play week in week out then this all amounts to basically nought ....

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a cop-out. Lose heart? They’re highly paid professionals. I’m sure the big pay cheque takes away the pain of ‘dodgy calls’. And as I said in another post if we fix our issues and become ‘ascendant’ then the issue you’re highlighting takes care of itself, right?
You are under playing the human factor, when youre on the field and badly gassed and you want/need to win and you consistantly get bad calls, you wont be thinking of your pay cheque.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gutherson is going to run rings around Perham.

The biggest difference is Averillo not at FB = no X factor. I’d be shocked if we beat Parra.

Josh Jackson is also a massive loss looking back to our best wins last season. If he laced up the boots he’d still outplay RFM, Waddell and have better leadership.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Good Question. Jack De Belin would also like to know.
It's a technicality. Even if he's found guilty, the sentence for the charge is less than 11 years. Therefore he's not subject to mandatory stand down rules.

abdo may still stand him down, but what he's currently charged with falls outside the nrl policy

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You are under playing the human factor, when youre on the field and badly gassed and you want/need to win and you consistantly get bad calls, you wont be thinking of your pay cheque.
Sure coach :-).
Stop blaming referees and let’s improve as a team and the rest will take care of itself. Granted our injury toll hasn’t helped but I’m far more interested in finding a quality 7 than I am in complaining about a dud call.