Official Ray Warren Retires

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree about Matt Thompson. He tries to make things sound exciting when they're midfield and taking 5 metre hitups. He's painful to listen to. I can't believe they've had all of these years to find a successor to Rabs and he's the best they can come up with..
They stuffed up letting Voss go because Hadley demanded it

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on him. He went out sad a bit… stayed for too long
Agree. I remember he kept getting RTS and Tupou mixed up back in 2013, I mean seriously, one is 9 foot tall and the other a short arse.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Easily the best caller of the modern era. From Amco Cup days till the GF last year his commentary has been a pleasure to listen to.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So whos annoying, uneducated voice will be pissing us off tonight?

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rabs will forever be the voice of Rugby League in much the same way as Richie Benaud is to Cricket. I wish him all the best in retirement.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Matthew Thompson is the worst. He just screams all game. It's pathetic that he's the best they could come up with after they got rid of Voss.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All tv commentators atm are trash.
Yet Gus says Ch9 is in great hands going forward with their commentators. Meanwhile at the same time, Cam Smith is cheering for QLD when I thought commentators were meant to be unbiased.....