Ray Rabbits Warren.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't get to see it.. I love Rabs. I'd rather listen to him take a shit than listen to that loser Mat Thompson who just screams and yells all game. I'd almost rather listen to Ray Hadley than that guy, that's how bad he is.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interesting side note Rabs was a copper in his late teens early 20s.

Good sign your respected when all the player's rate you, Gus eluding to a scenario where he took him to the enemy dressing room(roosters)to meet the team and Rabs being surprised at how keen they were to meet him.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great commentator..
I’m glad I have kayo now because that Matthew Thompson on channel 9 Is horrible. Peter psaltis is better then him for the QLD games

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great commentator..
I’m glad I have kayo now because that Matthew Thompson on channel 9 Is horrible. Peter psaltis is better then him for the QLD games
How bad is Matt Thompson absolute punish on the ears. Same situation with Dan ginane on fox. He is putrid!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Didn't get to see it.. I love Rabs. I'd rather listen to him take a shit than listen to that loser Mat Thompson who just screams and yells all game. I'd almost rather listen to Ray Hadley than that guy, that's how bad he is.
Check 9now bro, might be on there. Worth the watch.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How he got to become the main commentator is beyond me. I cannot stand his abusive yelling style of commentary.

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Andrew Voss at the was on Channel 9 & he said it didn't look like him & true to form, Ray Hadley was outraged & attacked him & Voss sued & not long afterwards Voss left Channel 9. https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...e/news-story/8d55d6c3712eb527c8f3213c1de4c78d
Interesting read. Always wondered what happened to Vossy at 9. I always thought there was bad blood with Fatty and others at the end, I got the sense that other 9 commentators didnt like him or something, that they were treating him poorly. Long time ago and was probably reading it wrong.
Anyways, Im not a huge fan of his comentary but I respect the bloke, doesnt come accoss as a cockhead like some other commentators.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best current callers IMO

1st - Warren Smith (fox)
2nd - Andrew Voss (fox)
3rd - Brenton Speed (fox- not sure if he called NRL this year)
4th - Dan Ginane
5th - Peter Psaltis
6th - Matt Thompson

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Rabs was good a decade ago but once he started getting players names wrong constantly and talking weird shit like Fittler it was time to go. The bloke on 9 just screams like Jimmy Barnes. Thankfully I usually turn the sound off when I watch games