Ray dib.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not Hasler.
It's not Dib.
It's all combined plus 17 frauds posing as players.
Sorry mate I disagree. When I watch how players contribute as individuals or as part of other teams e.g origin, playing for Australia, England etc they don't play anything like they do for us. Ability and passion are not the issue.

Players are no longer buying in to Des's style. My view is that they are reluctantly complying. Let them play football!!!

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It won't open, whats it say?
Bulldogs boss Ray Dib apologises to fans after heavy toss to Manly

The Bulldogs players after conceding another try against Manly on Saturday. Picture: Gregg Porteous
Canterbury chairman Ray Dib has revealed he personally apologised to fans following the club’s latest defeat, but he insists even that disastrous result won’t force the club’s hand when it comes to the future of coach Des Hasler.

Hasler is off contract at the end of the season but pressure is mounting on the Bulldogs to make a call on the two-time premiership winner, who was at a loss to explain the Bulldogs’ 36-point defeat to his former club Manly on Saturday night.

That loss was the third in the club’s opening four games and once again shone the spotlight on their anaemic attack — they have scored only 54 points this season, making them among the worst attacking sides in the NRL.

Halves Josh Reynolds and Moses Mbye continue to wear much of the blame, although fingers are also being pointed at Hasler as he prepares for a defining game against Brisbane at ANZ Stadium on Thursday night.

Lose that game and the Bulldogs may be left with little choice but to sever ties with their coach. Should he survive, the Dogs then have winnable games against Newcastle, South Sydney and the Wests Tigers.

“We’re not a reactive board,” Dib told The Australian. “It’s not going to change our direction. We have a plan and we’re working towards it. Yesterday was an embarrassment, especially for our fans and members.

“The players were very remorseful. If they could, they would apologise to the fans and members. Des is very disappointed. But it’s not going to change our direction or the plan we’re going through at the moment.

“We’re working towards a result. At the moment we don’t have a timeline on it. People are saying you’re taking a long time to make a decision. We never put a time on it. It’s the biggest contract we negotiate in the club. It’s a complex deal.”

Hasler’s current assistant Jim Dymock and Canberra assistant Dean Pay have been linked with the post should the club decide to head in a different direction. The pair, who played together for the club, could yet share the coaching duties if the Bulldogs opt to part ways with Hasler.

The other significant issue is where would Hasler finish up should he leave the Bulldogs. Hasler is unlikely to find himself on the open market for long given he is regarded among the top four coaches in the game.

The difficulty at the moment is identifying a club that is in dire need of a coach. Wests Tigers appear certain to appoint Ivan Cleary, although they have been linked with Hasler.

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor and Manly’s Trent Barrett have also been mooted as coaches under pressure, although Barrett has eased some of the concern around his future with successive impressive wins.

The Bulldogs board is expected to meet this week and the coach’s future is likely to be a key discussion point given the way they capitulated against the Sea Eagles.

“It’s unacceptable,” Dib said.

“I spoke to half a dozen or more fans on their way out. I apologised to them. I empathise with them. We don’t know what happened yesterday. We have a short turnaround now. I have been there 11 or 12 years and I have never seen anything like it.”

There was some good news for the Bulldogs last night when prop David Klemmer escaped a charge after he slapped Sea Eagles half Daly Cherry-Evans in frustration on Saturday night.

Dib also addressed the issue of retention and recruitment, which has been a bugbear for Bulldogs fans given the trio of high-profile players who are off contract — Josh Reynolds, Will Hopoate and Michael Lichaa.

The Bulldogs have been linked with a move for the Wests Tigers’ so-called big four — captain Aaron Woods, halves Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks, and fullback James Tedesco.

That would require a $3 million outlay. Dib, however, said the club was in no rush to finalise any deals until the new the salary cap for 2018 and beyond was known.

The players’ union and the NRL are locked in talks over the cap, with discussions expected to escalate in coming weeks.

“The thing that people have been asking about is retention and recruitment,” Dib said. “When someone tells me what the cap is we will make some decisions.”

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That's not true.....If those 50/50s had gone our way we would have only been beaten about 24-0, much more respectable.
Funny how completely positive you are always about the bulldogs but continously rip into the sharks all the time lol

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Bulldogs players after conceding another try against Manly on Saturday. Picture: Gregg Porteous
Canterbury chairman Ray Dib has revealed he personally apologised to fans following the club’s latest defeat, but he insists even that disastrous result won’t force the club’s hand when it comes to the future of coach Des Hasler.

Hasler is off contract at the end of the season but pressure is mounting on the Bulldogs to make a call on the two-time premiership winner, who was at a loss to explain the Bulldogs’ 36-point defeat to his former club Manly on Saturday night.

That loss was the third in the club’s opening four games and once again shone the spotlight on their anaemic attack — they have scored only 54 points this season, making them among the worst attacking sides in the NRL.

Halves Josh Reynolds and Moses Mbye continue to wear much of the blame, although fingers are also being pointed at Hasler as he prepares for a defining game against Brisbane at ANZ Stadium on Thursday night.

Lose that game and the Bulldogs may be left with little choice but to sever ties with their coach. Should he survive, the Dogs then have winnable games against Newcastle, South Sydney and the Wests Tigers.

“We’re not a reactive board,” Dib told The Australian. “It’s not going to change our direction. We have a plan and we’re working towards it. Yesterday was an embarrassment, especially for our fans and members.

“The players were very remorseful. If they could, they would apologise to the fans and members. Des is very disappointed. But it’s not going to change our direction or the plan we’re going through at the moment.

“We’re working towards a result. At the moment we don’t have a timeline on it. People are saying you’re taking a long time to make a decision. We never put a time on it. It’s the biggest contract we negotiate in the club. It’s a complex deal.”

Hasler’s current assistant Jim Dymock and Canberra assistant Dean Pay have been linked with the post should the club decide to head in a different direction. The pair, who played together for the club, could yet share the coaching duties if the Bulldogs opt to part ways with Hasler.

The other significant issue is where would Hasler finish up should he leave the Bulldogs. Hasler is unlikely to find himself on the open market for long given he is regarded among the top four coaches in the game.

The difficulty at the moment is identifying a club that is in dire need of a coach. Wests Tigers appear certain to appoint Ivan Cleary, although they have been linked with Hasler.

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor and Manly’s Trent Barrett have also been mooted as coaches under pressure, although Barrett has eased some of the concern around his future with successive impressive wins.

The Bulldogs board is expected to meet this week and the coach’s future is likely to be a key discussion point given the way they capitulated against the Sea Eagles.

“I spoke to half a dozen or more fans on their way out. I apologised to them. I empathise with them. We don’t know what happened yesterday. We have a short turnaround now. I have been there 11 or 12 years and I have never seen anything like it.”

There was some good news for the Bulldogs last night when prop David Klemmer escaped a charge after he slapped Sea Eagles half Daly Cherry-Evans in frustration on Saturday night.

Dib also addressed the issue of retention and recruitment, which has been a bugbear for Bulldogs fans given the trio of high-profile players who are off contract — Josh Reynolds, Will Hopoate and Michael Lichaa.

The Bulldogs have been linked with a move for the Wests Tigers’ so-called big four — captain Aaron Woods, halves Mitchell Moses and Luke Brooks, and fullback James Tedesco.

That would require a $3 million outlay. Dib, however, said the club was in no rush to finalise any deals until the new the salary cap for 2018 and beyond was known.

The players’ union and the NRL are locked in talks over the cap, with discussions expected to escalate in coming weeks.

“The thing that people have been asking about is retention and recruitment,” Dib said. “When someone tells me what the cap is we will make some decisions.”
Lol @ heavy "toss". Today we blew that toss

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score

So it looks like they are going in the right direction. Good work dib you fucking cock sucker.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny how completely positive you are always about the bulldogs but continously rip into the sharks all the time lol
Clearly you haven't read my earlier posts tonight, but in any event here's a tip - I'm a Bulldogs member and fan of over 50 years standing. I have lived and breathed with this teams successes and losses longer than you side has been in the competition. I want nothing more than for my team to succeed and the fact that I converse with mostly people on my clubs fan site about where I want my team to improve, yes I will always view them in a more positive than negative light. I don't go on the Sharks site because I couldn't give 2 figs about them. In fact I wouldn't even know if they had one, but when some upstart comes on here bagging my club on our site who has absolutely no stake in it then I will react accordingly. Let's face it your mob have provided more than enough material for criticism over the last 10 years, so how about you scuttle back there and leave the people who actually care about the club to either enjoy or mourn their games and I promise I will not go over there and bag you out.

Upupcronulla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Clearly you haven't read my earlier posts tonight, but in any event here's a tip - I'm a Bulldogs member and fan of over 50 years standing. I have lived and breathed with this teams successes and losses longer than you side has been in the competition. I want nothing more than for my team to succeed and the fact that I converse with mostly people on my clubs fan site about where I want my team to improve, yes I will always view them in a more positive than negative light. I don't go on the Sharks site because I couldn't give 2 figs about them. In fact I wouldn't even know if they had one, but when some upstart comes on here bagging my club on our site who has absolutely no stake in it then I will react accordingly. Let's face it your mob have provided more than enough material for criticism over the last 10 years, so how about you scuttle back there and leave the people who actually care about the club to either enjoy or mourn their games and I promise I will not go over there and bag you out.
nah I'll think I'll stick around just for you

But thanks for your kind words though

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its not the players fault imo, its the coaches and managements fault, and if it is the players as a group, well that falls back onto the coach, he chose them, he coaches them.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even Newcastle have better prospects than us

Status
Not open for further replies.