Opinion Rajab to 7

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You are correct.
Shifty was good at playing eyes up footy.
You can't teach that. You either have it or you don't. Not sure he is able to teach structured footy.
Sam Walker probably tuned out Cooper Crank. Walker is also an eyes up half, he is in no way structured or wants to play robotic like Cronk.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah nah, funny how KO got absolutely shit canned for missing his first crucial tackle in 5/6 games DJ misses one in his first 15 mins and he’s our new halfback. Fucking Hilarious.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go back and watch the Alomotti highlights package from his days in SG Ball and you will see that Rajab is a star and a natural first receiver. I remember watching this about 18 months ago and thinking who is that long headed half that plays like Foran in his prime. Made me forget that I was watching Alomotti highlights .

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ciraldo is wasting a bench spot with this halves BS.

Carry a big body outside back or an out and out utility like the weak gutter dog Salmon. Either Nu Brown or a yardage back.

Some of Ciraldo's selections are a farce at this point.
It should be Flanagan or Brown to spell Mahoney.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Ko will handle lock, i do think he is to small, big NAS will run straight over him
Might work for remainder of season but not long term.
He runs over everyone

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all those asking for Rajab - we shipped 30+ with 13 defenders. WTF are we doing with 12?

As shit as Declan Casey is (and he is real shit) - he wouldn't shit his bed like Rajab did and not even try to tackle Sivo.

Guess you're all the #pointz generation.
Sensible post. He also completely bailed out of the contact when receiving that hospital ball he spilled. Legit just didn’t even try to catch the ball just resigned himself to the knock on to minimise physical contact. Coward

Nowhere near a first grade halfback either. Probably never will be. Looks a running 5/8 to me if anything

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am sick to fucking death of you Pelicans naming Burton in the centres. He is the best half we've got and there is no chance he will ever be played anywhere outside of 6 or 7 at this club. Wake up to yourselves.
#GusBus
If I could give you a thousand likes I would. You’ll have to settle for the one buddy.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know we all want to see the team play well and win ..

But maybe it’s best we don’t get to over hyped with these young blokes after watching them only play 5 minutes of footy ..

Until we see him play 7 lead the team around the park and see how he goes with the week to week grind of NRL we don’t know how he’ll go & I hate seeing these kids getting these “ he’s a shit ****” or hate comments after 5 or so games and not instantly being JT ..

Let’s see how he goes before getting to pumped up on the kid ..
Good from you word count

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah nah, funny how KO got absolutely shit canned for missing his first crucial tackle in 5/6 games DJ misses one in his first 15 mins and he’s our new halfback. Fucking Hilarious.
Rajab is Lebanese, Karl is a dirty Queenslander.

But for real Rajab looks better as a half right now, even in reserves when they played together I thought he was the better option.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

But for real Rajab looks better as a half right now, even in reserves when they played together I thought he was the better option.
Yeah we’ll see Marly but I am not calling it after 15 mins in first grade, KO might be offering less in attack ATM but he’s proven he can defend in FG, DJ looks very suss in defence from a small sample size.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Karl is a New Zealander. From Weillington. He just happens to of ended up in the Broncos juniors

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah we’ll see Marly but I am not calling it after 15 mins in first grade, KO might be offering less in attack ATM but he’s proven he can defend in FG, DJ looks very suss in defence from a small sample size.
I'm not calling it on 15m of footy, I'm calling it on what we saw in reserve grade earlier this season. I'll still stand by what I said earlier and that is that Karl has a higher ceiling than Burton but right now he isn't close to ready and I think Rajab would be the better option.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not calling it on 15m of footy, I'm calling it on what we saw in reserve grade earlier this season. I'll still stand by what I said earlier and that is that Karl has a higher ceiling than Burton but right now he isn't close to ready and I think Rajab would be the better option.
That’s kind of my point Marly, being a good reserve grader doesn’t always translate into being an NRL quality player,Flange is living testament to that. The biggest difference is the step up in defence, He didn’t miss the tackle on sivo, he just didn’t have the courage to put himself in front, He didn’t even attempt to tackle him. That said I am not writing DJ off, he looked good with the ball in hand, but I am not starting a thread calling for him to be our starting HB.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Didn’t even want to touch Sivo to save a try

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Probably thought to himself...I've been dudded by PR Stunt getting my Top 30 spot. Now Ciro has finally given me a shot. I'm not blowing that by trying to tackle a buldozing Sivo certain to score and get injured and blowing my chance I've waited years for.

Wrong way of thinking for sure but that's where the individuals making up this team are at present (probably).