Push to have vegan option at bunnings sausage sizzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Vegan/Vegetarian = Ancient slang term for the village idiot who couldn't hunt,fish or ride

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmmm - I'm starting to agree with a lot more things that you say.

Scary.
That's just a joke, I reckon those that are chucking a fit over an OPTION of vegan sausages are little snowflakes. It's only an option FFS, and plus supply/demand will determine if vegan sausages are provided or not. If there's no demand for it, then people won't provide it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's quite racist mate. I take offence to this.

Clearly, it's the Chinese you should be worried about. ;)
My inlaws are Ethnically Chinese, so I don;t want to offend them :p

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thats your average vegan that suffers from deficiencies but they'll always cherry pick some vegan body builder and tell you how great it is.
Wouldn't be suprised if hes had a few stiff ones up his clacker and got a 1 way ticket on the aids express either

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I could be wrong but it wouldn't be cost effective just from there not being a great deal of vegans. It would be fine around hipster areas but I couldn't see it all over Australia.

Went to a charity AFL match in Marrickville a while back. Right in the middle of a massive Hipster area. They had a Vegan sausage sizzle and a normal sausage sizzle. The normal sausage sizzle had queues going for miles. The vegan sausage sizzle had two bored people begging people to eat their food.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats your average vegan that suffers from deficiencies but they'll always cherry pick some vegan body builder and tell you how great it is.
A Vegan mate of mine shares that guy all the time. I keep saying "you have any idea what kind of discipline and natural genetics it'd take to be a professional body builder on a Vegan diet?"

It's fine for someone like that but your average person would struggle. Vegans can get the nutrition they need but it's ridiculously challenging.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
People can do what they want though. I draw the line at hippies who subject their animals to it. For dogs it's extremely unhealthy and for cats it literally kills them.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not against having a vegetarian option at any sausage sizzle. I've run and worked at a few where we also cooked vegetable patties as that option which plenty of non vegans ate. Usually when veggie parties are an option we've run out. Bit I've not wired a sausage sizzle with vegan sausages. The true sausage began with the stomach of an animal wrapping mixed offal that was not appealing without other additives. Despite adding my two cents here I think this is a non issue really. The bunions sausage sizzle is a charity fundraiser. If they can find an alternative like the veggie patty that will sell and add profit they should run with it. If not don't fuck with the profitability of what seems like a helpful way of raising money for good causes. Plenty of non charitable people will give money they otherwise wouldn't at these events because they get something in return. I applaud Bunnings for running these and will say that I've made trips to my local bunnings just because I couldn't be bothered making lunch and a snag on bread that helps charity and some browsing in a giant man shed is better than sitting at home feeling hungry but too lazy to cook or make a trip to a restaurant for a more expensive option.

jasonsmith1994

Waterboy
Reaction score
dont give a baby a sausage sizzle because they wont eat 2 things at once just like in nature,they will eat the bread by itself then the sausage byitself,there are no baby actors

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
ive never understood why people like sausages so much tbh

i usually try to eat them but end up eating just the bread and sauce

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A Vegan mate of mine shares that guy all the time. I keep saying "you have any idea what kind of discipline and natural genetics it'd take to be a professional body builder on a Vegan diet?"

It's fine for someone like that but your average person would struggle. Vegans can get the nutrition they need but it's ridiculously challenging.
Also those guys grew up on a normal diet so their bodies developed like your average person before they decided to go vegan, try going vegan from birth and see how you turn out.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw i dont understand why people want to back down to vegetarians

what are they going to do about it? fight? lol you can push them over like nothing tbh

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
ive never understood why people like sausages so much tbh

i usually try to eat them but end up eating just the bread and sauce
I've never been a huge fan of sausages but if they're the only thing being served I'll eat them

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Vegan option??? There is no fucking real meat in those sausages anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.