Push to have vegan option at bunnings sausage sizzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
lol get fucked. you don't make friends with tofu

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How vegans go and fuck themselves?
I'm severely lactose intolerant, the government should focus more on making shit lactose free than vegan fkn friendly which isn't a benefit to health or anything besides being a poofta ****.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Most un-Australian petition I've ever seen. Could it be a really, really late April Fools?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its just an interest group trying to raise awareness I guess. Of course it's not going to be taken seriously on a wider level.

As someone who eats more Bunnings sausages than anyone else in the Kennel (well, i'm pretty confident of that), our snags of mystery meats are safe I think.

Having said that, I did read that an animal shelter recently somewhere did vegan snags at Bunnings. Not sure how they went though. I would imagine there were a few complaints.

I have only once tried a vegan snag, at a Buddhist festival. It was just basically a falaffel in sausage form. Ok as a one off, but I don't see myself converting (to Buddhism or Veganism!).

Also, as someone who works a lot of sausage sizzles as a Rotarian, you of get some "interesting" requests. We once has a gluten free loaf of bread in case someone asked, but when someone did, I neglected to change gloves when reaching for the gluten-free bread, and this woman looked at me as if i was trying to kill her with the traces of gluten on my gloves.... that was good for a laugh afterwards (especially as she never asked if the snags themselves were gluten free) ... those who are gluten intolerant or just watching their carbs will sometimes just ask for a snag in a serviette.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I could be wrong but it wouldn't be cost effective just from there not being a great deal of vegans. It would be fine around hipster areas but I couldn't see it all over Australia.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I could be wrong but it wouldn't be cost effective just from there not being a great deal of vegans. It would be fine around hipster areas but I couldn't see it all over Australia.

I don;t think Vegans would be big DiYers in general, so the target market night be all wrong.

But then again, maybe I shouldn't stereotype :grinning:

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
Its just an interest group trying to raise awareness I guess. Of course it's not going to be taken seriously on a wider level.

As someone who eats more Bunnings sausages than anyone else in the Kennel (well, i'm pretty confident of that), our snags of mystery meats are safe I think.

Having said that, I did read that an animal shelter recently somewhere did vegan snags at Bunnings. Not sure how they went though. I would imagine there were a few complaints.

I have only once tried a vegan snag, at a Buddhist festival. It was just basically a falaffel in sausage form. Ok as a one off, but I don't see myself converting (to Buddhism or Veganism!).

Also, as someone who works a lot of sausage sizzles as a Rotarian, you of get some "interesting" requests. We once has a gluten free loaf of bread in case someone asked, but when someone did, I neglected to change gloves when reaching for the gluten-free bread, and this woman looked at me as if i was trying to kill her with the traces of gluten on my gloves.... that was good for a laugh afterwards (especially as she never asked if the snags themselves were gluten free) ... those who are gluten intolerant or just watching their carbs will sometimes just ask for a snag in a serviette.
I hope it was at least 500 yrds from the snags

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually, whilst we're on the topic - a guy did effectively a pineapple sausage roll on Master Chef last night. That would have blown some of your minds!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope it was at least 500 yrds from the snags
I often get nervous when tying my dog outside the Korean joint near my place, but maybe that's getting off-topic.

Last edited:

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty pointless petition. Bunnings don't even supply the food, just the BBQ and the area to serve. Everything else is from whoever is running the fundraiser (local sport club etc).
Exactly

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Can we have a petition to get steak instead of sausage and call it a steak sizzle.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty pointless petition. Bunnings don't even supply the food, just the BBQ and the area to serve. Everything else is from whoever is running the fundraiser (local sport club etc).
That's so true! Our club wanted to run a sausage sizzle there but needed a $1000 upfront

Status
Not open for further replies.