News PSA: No more "Fücking"

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Screenshot_20231004-193428.png

Austrian village of 'Fucking' decides to change its name
Elliot Douglas

The long-suffering residents of the small Austrian village of Fucking have confirmed that, from January 1, the town will be known as Fugging. Fans of unusual place-names will mourn the loss.

The small Austrian village of Fucking will get rid of the unfortunate name that has seen a brisk tourism trade and frequent thefts of the town sign, the town council announced Thursday.

Mayor Andrea Holzner told Austrian broadcaster Oe24 that the name would be changed to Fugging from January 1, 2021.

The small community in Upper Austria of around 100 people has been pushing for a name change for years, the German Press Agency reported. The name of the town, which lies north of Salzburg near the German border, has no meaning in German.

Locals have grown frustrated by the thefts of the town signs by tourists and of people photographing the sign

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
View attachment 84727

Elliot Douglas

The long-suffering residents of the small Austrian village of Fucking have confirmed that, from January 1, the town will be known as Fugging. Fans of unusual place-names will mourn the loss.

The small Austrian village of Fucking will get rid of the unfortunate name that has seen a brisk tourism trade and frequent thefts of the town sign, the town council announced Thursday.

Mayor Andrea Holzner told Austrian broadcaster Oe24 that the name would be changed to Fugging from January 1, 2021.

The small community in Upper Austria of around 100 people has been pushing for a name change for years, the German Press Agency reported. The name of the town, which lies north of Salzburg near the German border, has no meaning in German.

Locals have grown frustrated by the thefts of the town signs by tourists and of people photographing the sign
They just changed the name to how you say Fucking when you're drunk.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
GOOD!
Has been a long time coming it sounded flirty/filth.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Ever met a Serb or Cro? They end their sentences with "fucking" lol

"Kakosee, fucking?"
"Dobro, fucking!" Lol
that’s not true fucking!

my favourite is those old ethnics who say bloomin instead of bloody.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
As my dad said oh wouldn’t it Shit you I was looking forward to your mother and I going back to Fucking as we haven’t been in 10 years.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
View attachment 84727

Elliot Douglas

Went to Germany many years ago, saw atown/city named Bad _____ something.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
In regards to Yugoslav people always saying fucking.
I'm pretty sure it's used as a fullstop in the conversation?

Yugoslavs are kind of like Arabs.
You think they're yelling at you or disappointed?
But that's just how they speak lol

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
In regards to Yugoslav people always saying fucking.
I'm pretty sure it's used as a fullstop in the conversation?

Yugoslavs are kind of like Arabs.
You think they're yelling at you or disappointed?
But that's just how they speak lol
I have lived with a Bosnian in my younger days and my neighbor now is a Croatian.

I would pay to hear what they sound like when they whisper.