Which new game system would you prefer

• Total voters

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Is there a good comparison between the two I can find/trust?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is there a good comparison between the two I can find/trust?
You want the long version or the short version?

The long version is a series of videos released by Gaming Bolt. They go in depth. It started around 1 month ago when we didn't know the price. This is that video. There has been a few since then that go over more details

For the short version, CNET also went into a good description. Keep in mind that this video is about 1 month old just after they announced the PS5 price. A few things have changed since then but it provides a lot of detail

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
BTW, your brother raised a good point when it comes to Xbox Series X. If you own a decent computer then there's not much point buying a Series X unless you want to play online with Xbox friends.

But me and Southy play online on Xbox so that's pretty much the biggest seller. Even if I haven't played with those pricks in a while.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
BTW, your brother raised a good point when it comes to Xbox Series X. If you own a decent computer then there's not much point buying a Series X unless you want to play online with Xbox friends.

But me and Southy play online on Xbox so that's pretty much the biggest seller. Even if I haven't played with those pricks in a while.
I'll get the prick to buy the PS for Christmas for me and I'll trade my XboneS for the Xbox X, problem solved lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Isn't cross play going to feature on most of the popular multiplayer games from now on?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Isn't cross play going to feature on most of the popular multiplayer games from now on?
It's definitely something that they are trying to implement. We have had a few games recently that have been cross play.

By the way, PS5 for me.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So much hype atm about the ps5 controller.. they are saying that it's the only legitimate piece of next gen tech that is being offered by either console.. 2 weeks and counting!! EB confirmed a "pick up time" with me yesterday..

Rychi

New Pup
Reaction score
The anchor for the xbox is the series s, when developing games they have to account for the less powerful model and hence tone down their games.

This is not an issue for playstation development as both models have the same specs.
True the specs differ between models but I don't think it will matter in the actual game result as most games are also made on PC which will always have widely differing specs.

It will be interesting to see how good the Sony 3d audio is vs Dolby Atmos. I actually have Sony speakers and they are good so they do know audio. But I am Xbox all the way due to gamepass and still believe it has the better controller.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's definitely something that they are trying to implement. We have had a few games recently that have been cross play.

By the way, PS5 for me.
They brought it out in Apex recently and the wait times are a lot shorter, just way more crashes.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
not to hijack the thread, but does anyone have a Nvidia shield?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
this is about the ps controller..
The tech advances on the controller sounds impressive. The touchpad thing looks like it could really open up some possibilities. I'd assume that until X Box adapts their own controllers to match it'll only be playstation exclusives that have a U for the feature though.

One thing in the video that raised concerns though is that when the guy shook the control he was told to stop for fear of breaking it. To me that raises questions about the durability of it. As impressive as it might be, if you have to replace it every few months it's going to piss people off. I tend to steer clear of newly released consoles because of teething problems. I got the red ring.of death on the first 360 I bought who taught me to wait for extended testing and problem solving before splashing on new consoles.