Which new game system would you prefer

• Total voters

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I missed out on pre order of the ps5 :(

Anyone have any news as to when they might be in stock?

Hoping there's some there on release day.
No... no... definitely not. Retailers with long term pre-orders lined up and booked out long term.

Best you can hope for is to find a retailer that still has pre-orders live, then order from them and you should get it early next year.

Sony also released an official statement telling people not to line up at stores as no stores will have consoles on release date unless you pre-ordered.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
PS5 review

Xbox SeX review

Spider-Man: Miles Morales review

Reactions: GDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
PS5 is killing it in most of the reviews.. things that reviewers are not happy about are:
No quick resume option in main menu (which I agree sucks) but could possibly be fixed in an update, slow load times for backwards capability games (meh) and of course the size... .. which doesn't bother me..

The major positive is the dual shock.. no one has said a bad word about it..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When am I allowed to order a PS5 now that all the preorders are finished
Thursday. Target, Harvey Norman and Big W have all confirmed that they will have stock on release day (Thursday) and it will be online orders only on the day. But they haven't confirmed when the orders will go live.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Picked up my Seriex X today. The thing hard crashed right after updating and I had to full reset. Works fine now though. Just slowly installing games.

The new controller is great. Feels much more comfortable in hand. Almost as good as the elite controller.

On the downside, Amazon said that AC Valhalla would arrive yesterday or today. Now they're saying tomorrow or Thursday.

Not too concerned about that but I also ordered my PS5 and Miles Morales from Amazon. If they delay my order I will be annoyed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thursday. Target, Harvey Norman and Big W have all confirmed that they will have stock on release day (Thursday) and it will be online orders only on the day. But they haven't confirmed when the orders will go live.
What?! Are you saying there will be stock available that hasn't been pre-ordered?!!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just got confirmation my ps5 is being prepared to be shipped by Aus post so will arrive Thursday.
Looks like everyone except Amazon has started shipping them.

Lesson learned. Don't pre-order stuff from Amazon.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What?! Are you saying there will be stock available that hasn't been pre-ordered?!!
A new wave will go live on Thursday for pre order.

Xbox is doing same and they should get new batch 18th nov so maybe ps5 is expecting around 18th for 2nd wave.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like everyone except Amazon has started shipping them.

Lesson learned. Don't pre-order stuff from Amazon.
I ordered from big w

I think target had the better way to preorder pay half now then other half later. Big w was $50 now then hit you with $550-$700

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saying mine is being prepared in a place near Liverpool im in Perth shit is fuck up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A new wave will go live on Thursday for pre order.

Xbox is doing same and they should get new batch 18th nov so maybe ps5 is expecting around 18th for 2nd wave.
Ordering update: The PS5 console will be available to order online only on launch day, Thursday 12th November, for expected delivery by December 15th. PS5 consoles will not be available for in-store purchase. Please check back for further updates.

That was listed on Harvey Norman, looks like I'll have a crack with Big W first as it looks like they might have launch consoles. Anyway I hope this goes live at midnight, I'll be stuffed if it's during the day and I'm glued to my phone enough as it is lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I pre-ordered from Amazon as soon as orders went live. Every other retailer advised everyone that their Orders have been sent except Amazon. Amazon finally started informing everyone that they'll get their orders a few days late.

Oh well. Guess I'm going to be playing Xbox Series X over the weekend.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pre-ordered from Amazon as soon as orders went live. Every other retailer advised everyone that their Orders have been sent except Amazon. Amazon finally started informing everyone that they'll get their orders a few days late.

Oh well. Guess I'm going to be playing Xbox Series X over the weekend.
I'm in perth my console is in NSW dont think I will be playing till next week.