• Total voters

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
'cause they know people will still buy it.

I listen to a lot of the US gaming podcasts where they have been talking about a $10 price increase coming for the new generations. Have known about it for over a year. No one mentioned that a US$10 price increase would translate to an AU$30 - AU$45 increase.
Imagine people with the digital version are going to be smashed hard with prices, not likely to drop any time soon on the online stores.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What's the difference between Xbox S and X?

Which is top of the range?

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Got an Atari rommed with 128 games, have consoles improved since then?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
What's the difference between Xbox S and X?

Which is top of the range?
In regard to the Series (the new ones)?

X:

- Top of the range
- runs games at 4k up to 120 fps
- has a disc
- is really big and black

S:

- lower range
- runs games at 1440p (2k) up to 120 fps
- doesn't have an optical disc drive so can only play games downloaded from the Microsoft store
- is really small and white with a black circle where the fan exhaust is
- If you stand it up it looks like the speaker at a drive through

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
In regard to the Series (the new ones)?

X:

- Top of the range
- runs games at 4k up to 120 fps
- has a disc
- is really big and black

S:

- lower range
- runs games at 1440p (2k) up to 120 fps
- doesn't have an optical disc drive so can only play games downloaded from the Microsoft store
- is really small and white with a black circle where the fan exhaust is
- If you stand it up it looks like the speaker at a drive through
So it's the X for me... thank you kind sir.

PS I know which Xbox dawgfather will pick lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Is it just me misunderstanding this or is one of the consoles coming out without the possibility to buy hard copies of the games? Seems like a push to ensure that game prices don't drastically reduce once hard copies are available second hand. I'm really hating the fact that certain companies have almost completely shat on people who don't play online games. Rockstar in particular used to work hard on content updates in their games. Now that they are able to get people paying real money for in game currency, they completely ignore single player content expansion.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is it just me misunderstanding this or is one of the consoles coming out without the possibility to buy hard copies of the games? Seems like a push to ensure that game prices don't drastically reduce once hard copies are available second hand. I'm really hating the fact that certain companies have almost completely shat on people who don't play online games. Rockstar in particular used to work hard on content updates in their games. Now that they are able to get people paying real money for in game currency, they completely ignore single player content expansion.
Yep. That's the drive.

It does make a sense in some ways as a lot of the cost of publishing a game is making the discs and distributing. So it would be fine, if they reduced the cost of the games. Instead they're selling digital games for more than the physical games and keeping the profits.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. That's the drive.

It does make a sense in some ways as a lot of the cost of publishing a game is making the discs and distributing. So it would be fine, if they reduced the cost of the games. Instead they're selling digital games for more than the physical games and keeping the profits.
I largely buy games I really want when the price drops to around $70. I'll also buy games I see second hand for about $20 to $40 when nothing new has my attention. For me if hard copies of games are phased out it'll just mean I buy less in the long run. I won't pay $70 for a game that doesn't have good reviews or is a very short game. I expect to get a month of game time if I buy a new game. I've currently got around 30 games on the 360 and 15 on my Xbone after having my last two consoles and game collections stolen. I generally only replay the games I bought new though.

So I find it a bit of an issue if they zone out hard copies. But I agree with you on the fact that it's wrong of them to charge more for digital versions of games.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a PS5, not really sure why as I hardly get time to play video games these days. Though I am taking some time off when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out in November. Been waiting for years for that game to come to fruition.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You can have it for what I paid. Already got my other preorder confirmed from Big W.
Thanks, but I just realised you said you ordered the digital version :(

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Turn on captions if you can’t understand Japanese