Pretenders and contenders

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They're forward pack is still more than good enough. They got Paulo, Hopgood, Matterson, Ofahengaue, Ogden, Makatoa, Lane, Cartwright, Davey.
Paulo overrated. JO, Makatoa, Ogden and Davey wouldn’t make the Cowboys or Panthers pack.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The way Bulldogs luck is lately, Parra will make the GF again and Davey will score a try haha
I still don't understand why we released Davey, he's barely any good but he still literally walks into our backrow yet he barely played a minute for us.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We'll win every game in the run home, sneak into the finals and go on a roll to win the GF like ninjas. Ciraldo has had the team playing possum for a while now. Come this weekend the shackles are coming off and we're showing that we're actually capable of. We're the only contenders, the rest are pretenders.

If that's not true, I don't give a shit. Games fucked and if we're not in the finals I probably won't watch a game. I just can't stand the six again bullshit. I can't stand rules that let referee's penalise or not based on whatever criteria they're operating on at a specific time. I fully believe that the NRL has sanctioned match fixing to benefit themselves and the gambling partner. I just can't help but think it's the biggest conflict of interest possible and it should be banned.

So I'm a bit of a spoilsport in this thread. I just find it hard to care about a game that just doesn't look like a sport as much as it looks like a tool to lighten the wallets of gamblers.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Raider, Shark & Storm will get dusted come finals time.

Every other team is in with a chance.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The problem for the Warriors is teams will bomb fumble fingers DWZ, he will make Waqa Blake of last season look world class come finals time.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For me this year is the first In a while where there isn’t one dominant team anyone who finishes the eights a chance

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They didn't make it in my ladder predictor although I couldn't be arsed to score predictions and just done W L.

Panther
Warrior
Bronco
Storm
Rabbit
Raider
Eel
Shark
I ended up with:

1689655219583.png

I think Eels find a way though to make the 8.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If the ladder ends up how I predicted then I see the finals playing out like this:

1. Panthers vs 4. Rabbitohs
2. Warriors vs 3. Storm
5. Cowboys vs 8. Raiders
6. Broncos vs 7. Sharks

4. Rabbitohs vs 5. Cowboys
2. Warriors vs 6. Broncos

1. Panthers vs 6. Broncos
3. Storm vs 4. Rabbitohs/5. Cowboys

1. Panthers vs 4. Rabbitohs/5. Cowboys

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As much as I'd love eels to miss out, Raiders and their negative points differential don't deserve to be there.
Eels have the hardest draw left of any team:

at Cowboys
at Storm
vs Dragons
at Broncos
vs Roosters
at Panthers
Bye

They could easily lose all their away games.