News PREMIERSHIP ‘Boo all you want’: The ‘terrible’ issue Ciraldo must fix; Dogs’ rare shining light — Big Hits

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we’ll give up on the mediation and bring out the Ouija board cos we’re dead and buried

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think the “Ciraldo out” comments need to stop! Let’s face it he’s not going anywhere as yet

He had underperformed this year yes, but let’s see what 2024 will offer with his new recruitment!

A clean sweep of this roster and move forward. We’ll see first 5 rounds
Only reason I don't say "assistant out" is because it's too late now, we have no options to replace him unless Gus poaches a real FG coach.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely some things going on behind the scenes, the RFM stuff has a real smell to it, the lack of Skelton when we need a big body in the backline and he could do with experience, TPJ hardly featuring, the bench rotations, just everything….
More of a stench. Interesting Tigers could see the players weren't playing for Sheens so moved him sideways and St George also look far more focussed with their mid season change. Now Hunt doesn't have to do everything. We've gone backwards and unfortunately, the squad looks clueless how to turn it around. Something bad is happening behind closed doors to our squad, such that they've switched off.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only reason I don't say "assistant out" is because it's too late now, we have no options to replace him unless Gus poaches a real FG coach.
I agree with most on here that he has most definitely underperformed with this roster we have and I definitely didn’t see us finishing where we are atm especially with a disgusting -300 PD.

but gus did warn us this year was a write off which is why he’s not sacking him, and most on here failed to take this in as we’re all frustrated and wanted to see results and play finals footy.

He is recruting who he wants for next year and we need to stick by him and if that fails, then I think he definitely needs the tap on the shoulder from Gus after first 5-6 rounds.

Deadwood out and fresh ***** in! No more excuses, I honestly cant give a fuck who we recruit anymore, I want results and want to see us play finals footy and not fight for the wooden spoon position

I also want to beat the Parra scum, souffs and rorters when we vs them!

Last edited:

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We’ve had the attacking and defence coaches from Penrith and we have gone backwards, where to next. They are a rabble so I won’t be renewing my membership.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put the spotlight on the coach.

He's the biggest issue.

Stop blaming the player's.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s deflating just seeing this team go backwards , questions need to be asked . I don’t buy this whole it’s. New team it’ll take time shit, despite dolphins forwards being experienced they literally had the rest of the team being no namers and they finished higher than us.. how can your defence get worse after hiring a Defensive coach ? Seriously !!

EL Hefe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ve had the attacking and defence coaches from Penrith and we have gone backwards, where to next. They are a rabble so I won’t be renewing my membership.
I agree with you however just look at what Andrew Webster has done with the warriors, he was another assistant out of the Penrith system but purposely stayed away from poaching panther players, smart cookie that one.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Defence has been shocking all year but the advantage you get from a blatant fwd pass takes away time to defend. Shit comment by Voss, shit article by who ever ‘wrote’ it and shit fkn thread

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Defense was rubbish, true, but at the same time defenders are entitled to assume that a player is not going to get the ball if the only way for them to get it is via a forward pass.
Had the Dogs taken the lead with a forward pass yesterday, I imagine that Voss and Blocker, who were both barracking hard for Manly, would have just put it down to poor Manly defence, and applauded the try.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with you however just look at what Andrew Webster has done with the warriors, he was another assistant out of the Penrith system but purposely stayed away from poaching panther players, smart cookie that one.
And recall that the Knights fans were calling for their coach's sacking earlier this year.

Ciraldo had a different team on the ground again yesterday. He has a new squad every week due to injuries and suspension.
Why Preston was given two weeks while the grub Rapana gets away with fines is another story.

JAC was not fully fit, and other players look like walking wounded. We were missing Kiraz and Preston, and had Perham at fullback.

The Wilson/Averillo combination was our only opportunity for some enjoyment in the game. Wilson is an exciting player, with speed, a good step- and he is stronger than he looks. Wilson and a fully fit JAC will make a big difference to our attack next year with options down both wings.

Kickau started slowly, but improved as the game went on.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s the big issue with poaching players from a team that is likely to play in its 4th consecutive grand final and win its third premiership in a row?

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Problem with our side is no one is ever held accountable
Yes I cannot imagine Bellamy would accept this, nor the players would ever dare to consistently turn in such pathetic defensive performances in a Bellamy run team. Accountability is just so important in the top 4 teams.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When all else fails let’s swap potter and cirro around in their roles and see how the team goes next year.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah agree. We had a chance to appoint a real FG coach. I’m betting St.George will go alright next year.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop blaming the player's.
Why? They are the ones who are not performing. They are the ones disgracing the jersey.
If you or I were being slack at work and not doing what we were getting paid to do week after week it would be us getting the bullet.... not our supervisor or manager.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our team will have so much heat on it in the off season,
Hope coach can turn things around.
We are light on forwards.
Deep down I believe a spoon beckons in 2024
Right now we are the worst team in the comp. I have a bad feeling about a spoon next year too.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why? They are the ones who are not performing. They are the ones disgracing the jersey.
If you or I were being slack at work and not doing what we were getting paid to do week after week it would be us getting the bullet.... not our supervisor or manager.
Totally fair call. I cant and wont argue with the fact that players should be having a much better crack than they are.

My argument is that Ciraldo is this biggest problem we have. We've used over 30 players this season and everyone of them has gone backwards under his tutelage. That's a huge huge problem.

735 points scored against us this season so far for the defence guru. That's just absolutely diabolical.

Adding Crichton and a few second rate players next season won't fix this problem for next season or the season after.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Defence has been shocking all year but the advantage you get from a blatant fwd pass takes away time to defend. Shit comment by Voss, shit article by who ever ‘wrote’ it and shit fkn thread
Mate, not excusing our defence, because it has at times been diabolical but we all could see the pass was forward and that was what the crowd reacted to. We were going okay until then after a flying start and that certainly put them on the back foot.

We seem to cop a majority of crap calls much like the Tigers and Dragons and until we can get away from the real also rans at the bottom of the table it will continue.