• Potter

Votes: 111 61.3%
  • Ciraldo

Votes: 70 38.7%

• Total voters

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Purely out of curiosity if we couldn’t have both (potter assistant Ciraldo head) and we judged each individually who would you use for head coach.

Personally I wouldn’t mind Potter and this stage and there’s to many questions regarding Ciraldo. What Potter has done without an off-season chucked in the deep end is nothing short of phenomenal. The team chemistry Potters achieved and the improvement individually accross board has been something we’ve lacked for a very long time. Ciraldo for me is gambling, maybe he is a good coach but can he lead the dressing room and have players listening to him how there listening to potter? Will he enforce heavily structured footy? The reason we’ve succeeded is the simplicity and allowing our players to express them selves not following a very structured game plan is what’s made us thrive. What does everyone think?

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Going by current records.

Potter for sure

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How could anybody complain about what Potter has done? It's been an amazing transition (yes we are a tranny club & proud of it). Maybe if Potter hadn't been so successful &/or Ciraldo had had control of a NSW Cup or ESL side & been successful AWAY from Penrith it would be a different matter.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
From Potter's comments it sounds like we can have both, it's just going to be up to Gus if he wants him staying around or not.
It won't work. Ciraldo would want to implement his own style. Has to be one or the other.

We should give Potter one more year to see what he can do with a better roster and a full preseason.

To me the order of who should be coach is:

1. Shane Flanagan
2. Michael Potter
3. Cameron Ciraldo

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It won't work. Ciraldo would want to implement his own style. Has to be one or the other.

We should give Potter one more year to see what he can do with a better roster and a full preseason.

To me the order of who should be coach is:

1. Shane Flanagan
2. Michael Potter
3. Cameron Ciraldo
imo it'd be good for Ciraldo to have someone experienced alongside him who doesn't rely so much on structure (and Potter's done a terrific job at just that leaving the club in a much better position then when he came in). A lot of young coaches try too hard and are too structured in attack. I think the club would be a lot more smarter this time round after the Baz experiment.

Flanagan would be my first choice but I really doubt that's happening now.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would give it to Potter. I would offer him a one year deal and see what he can do with some new talent and an off-season to do his thing.

This is a much safer option. For a club in the shape we have been in over the last several years.

Signing Ciraldo on what would be a multi year deal for an unknown rookie coach would be a huge risk for mine!

Not that Ciraldo would go for it but a deal like Benji is on at the Tigers would be good. Ciraldo comes in as an assistant for a couple of years. Learns how the club works etc. on the basis that he will take over as head coach in 2025.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
At least with Potts we know what we get.

I want CC IF he can fix our defence and our second halves.

But I still say...

2023 Potts
2024 Bellamy :p

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
I trust Gus's decision and if he signs Ciraldo I'll definitely back his judgement and knowledge over all others.

He gave Potter the reigns when most of us at the time thought he'd be the wrong choice.

Don't stress fam, we can finally say we're in good hands.

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I trust Gus's decision and if he signs Ciraldo I'll definitely back his judgement and knowledge over all others.

He gave Potter the reigns when most of us at the time thought he'd be the wrong choice.

Don't stress fam, we can finally say we're in good hands.
i agree with you, but it’s just scary knowing what we have now with potter could go down the drain with ciraldo

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Potter has done a tremendous job so far but is he a sustainable option? Interim coach is akin to getting a reliever teacher, the kids throw the book away and play up and it’s a fun class …but sooner or later you still have to pass the final exams

Gus had already worked with CC so he clearly believes he’s the man to get it done.

Potter got us out of Egypt and Ciraldo will take us to the promised land (hopefully) [emoji23]

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If Circaldo comes in, there will be some pressure not to revert completely to a Panthers style attacking structure. He would be smart enough to know all the negatives vibes, if he changes our attack & it does not work. At least we will have Potter to thank for that, not only for this year but also an influence on 2023 style.