• Potter

Votes: 111 61.3%
  • Ciraldo

Votes: 70 38.7%

• Total voters

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we would get in Ciraldo, and hope he gets the players to play like they do under Potter? Makes sense.
Sure we are scoring points but we need to tidy up our defence. We leaked 26 points against the last placed Titans. I’m hoping Ciraldo can strengthen our defence without taking too much away from the attack.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This is why we need Ciraldo

Fitness and defence structures

Potter can’t take us to the promised land
No one can take this roster to a top 4 finish.

Also you don't get fit halfway through a season. That's what the off-season is for.

We just played the second best team in the NRL. People on this site have unrealistic expectations.

Grimace

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let’s be fair dinkim I’m a mad bulldog supporter but who have we beaten yes the Eels but then be have beaten Knights, Tigers, Titans 3 of the worse teams in comp so stop getting to excited!

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why we need Ciraldo

Fitness and defence structures

Potter can’t take us to the promised land
Potter has taken over half way during the year. He took over a shambles. Potter cannot be judged without having a preseason with these blokes, though overall Potter has done well as an interim coach

Ciraldo is an assistant who has done and proved sweet fuck all

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I would Give potter another year with the recruit’s that are coming, that said Gus was right about potter so I trust he’ll be right about Ciraldo. But no one can deny that Mick has worked a coaching miracle with this side,I really hope he stays as an assistant.

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
All this Ciraldo talk is carbon copy of all the Barrett wankfest before his signing

The fact is that Ciraldo is unproven as a NRL head coach and we have already had 2 unptovens in the last 5 years

Gus needs to take off his black, white and green goggles and smell the roses across the board

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im not sold on either to have us playing consistent top 4.
But I dont think their is an argument for why Ciraldo is better than Potter for all the reasons that have been done to death.
Lets just roll with the rest of the season because the way I see it is we have shown improvement.
Today was always going to be a tough game.
Ill trust the Club to choose the coach and announce it when they're good and ready.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s be fair dinkim I’m a mad bulldog supporter but who have we beaten yes the Eels but then be have beaten Knights, Tigers, Titans 3 of the worse teams in comp so stop getting to excited!
Roosters and also Cowboys round 1. Had a good crack just lost some games we should have won under previous coaching.

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Potter's quiet and measured approach, his footy smarts and honesty leans me towards him.
I'm a tad biased as I used to watch him play and he was dynamic !

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sir Ciraldo. I am sick of hoping we are going to win. When i saw our defense back peddling today i knew we would lose.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's a risk either way, let's face it. One thing that's been suggested by a few that I hope we don't do is giving Potter 1 more year. You either commit fully to him or not at all.
The Barrett experiment was so bad that I think it's tarnished any thinking of bringing in a young coach but seeing what Fitzgibbon and Payten are doing gives me hope. I'd feel a lot better about Ciraldo as well if an experienced head like Maquire (as its been rumoured) comes in.
Whatever the case, focus this offseason needs to be on fitness and defense (particularly first contact). Attack is absolutely firing and looks fantastic so we dont need to re-invent the wheel there.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would Give potter another year with the recruit’s that are coming, that said Gus was right about potter so I trust he’ll be right about Ciraldo. But no one can deny that Mick has worked a coaching miracle with this side,I really hope he stays as an assistant.
Agree mate. Ciraldo to turn us into a D machine and assistants like Potter for attack and James Graham/Mason to instil Bulldog belief.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It would be nice to have the announcement of Ciraldo this week

I might go up to Auckland early this week catch them captains run and write the trip off on business