• Potter

Votes: 111 61.3%
  • Ciraldo

Votes: 70 38.7%

• Total voters

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Nothing better than actual evidence to support a decision. Pott's has us playing the way we could only dream of recently and CC has done nothing yet? Player's clearly are responding to Pott's so I see CC as a massive risk at this stage. Being a Penrith assistant doesn't help his case either.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked Ciraldo but only with 2 experienced 1st grade coaches as assistants behind him Potter & Madge/Flanagan would be ideal

Reecek89

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let’s see how Potter goes against cowboys.
We’ve had wins against Tigers, Titans and Knights with a cold Parra thrown in.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why is Gus waiting for Ciraldo. It’s like his begging him to join the club. Stop chasing a unknown coach. If he wants to come then sign up, if not Give the job to Mick Potter. Mick Potter wants the head coach role and his proving it on the field. The only coach that can succeed is Shane Flannagan.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing better than actual evidence to support a decision. Pott's has us playing the way we could only dream of recently and CC has done nothing yet? Player's clearly are responding to Pott's so I see CC as a massive risk at this stage. Being a Penrith assistant doesn't help his case either.
It's a risk either way really. The team's form under Potter could be a reflection of the pressure being completely off them. We finished the 2018 and 2019 season winning 5 of our last 6 under Pay.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Potter. I'm not sold on ciraldo at all, for me he's baz 2.0

For me Flanagan or Potter are the only ones that would make me happy. And if it's flanno, Potter as assistant.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It's a risk either way really. The team's form under Potter could be a reflection of the pressure being completely off them. We finished the 2018 and 2019 season winning 5 of our last 6 under Pay.
Normally I would say the same but the way we are playing looks more coached then relief.

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is Gus waiting for Ciraldo. It’s like his begging him to join the club. Stop chasing a unknown coach. If he wants to come then sign up, if not Give the job to Mick Potter. Mick Potter wants the head coach role and his proving it on the field. The only coach that can succeed is Shane Flannagan.
What and have the media flog Ciraldo through Penriths finals campaign like they did Barrett?

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potter every day of the week, I have no reason to FULLY trust that Ciraldo will be a good coach for the dogs.

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Any rookie coach is a risk, but every coach, including Bennett & Bellamy, were rookie coaches to start with. In fact, I read recently that the Raiders have regretted knocking back Bellamy as a coach before he joined the Storm, as he was a rookie.

The problem with appointing a rookie coach is, do you get a Bellamy or a Barrett (or O’Brien)? This decision is for someone who knows a lot more than me.

I have been following the Dogs for close to 60 years, seen many ups and a number of downs, and believe that Gus being on board is one of the most positive things I have seen at the club in a number of years. I’ll support whoever he appoints as coach!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purely out of curiosity if we couldn’t have both (potter assistant Ciraldo head) and we judged each individually who would you use for head coach.

Personally I wouldn’t mind Potter and this stage and there’s to many questions regarding Ciraldo. What Potter has done without an off-season chucked in the deep end is nothing short of phenomenal. The team chemistry Potters achieved and the improvement individually accross board has been something we’ve lacked for a very long time. Ciraldo for me is gambling, maybe he is a good coach but can he lead the dressing room and have players listening to him how there listening to potter? Will he enforce heavily structured footy? The reason we’ve succeeded is the simplicity and allowing our players to express them selves not following a very structured game plan is what’s made us thrive. What does everyone think?
Potter for sure! The players look like they are enjoying themselves. The footy we are playing of late is as good as any other side. There is enough there to say Potter could be our coach for the next 3-5 yrs at least.

We need to develop our own assistant. Get the next potential assistant who has the capabilities and qualities of becoming a head coach and get him under Potters' wings. Potter knows what we stand for and he can mould our new assistant how he AND Gould see's fit. Ciraldo on the other hand is a Panther and while he is potentially the next best thing coming through as a head coach I'm not sold on him and we will have to go through a period from next year and say, we'll lets give him time. Why, when Potter has been given that time and already proven himself? We can start next year with higher expectations with Potter rather than with Ciraldo giving him time to stamp himself as head coach and potentially lose another year.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo. Not even remotely close.

I know it won't be popular on here, but I want the higher rated coach.

MosDef

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He isn’t waiting, it’s a done deal..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So we would get in Ciraldo, and hope he gets the players to play like they do under Potter? Makes sense.