News Potter issues challenge to Dogs

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are waiting in anticipation and baited breath for 1600 this aftrnoon.
Hope there is no Dufty and Waddles, they can be replaced by another player no worse than them.
JMK gets a reprieve as apparently there is no one better at the moment (hard to imagine)!

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have we replaced Ferris with anyone yet ?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This charade hopefully only lasts for this round and then a call is made. Payout Barrett, tell the press to go fuck themselves and hire the coach.
You mean the temp front man Harry charade?

Nothing groundbreaking in this statement I'll be more interested in the team selected later today, which i assume will be all on him.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only ones who have the right to give away penalties is Terry Lamb and Corey Hughes when the opposition are on the line and they gotta suck some air.
Potter has gotta drum it into them that dumb penalties are a backstab to your team mates hard work.
Lower grade bad habits are easily picked up by NRL microscopes in 2022

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The message before kick off should be “First one to give away a penalty that directly results in the dragons scoring will be hooked for the game and dropped next week”.

Its sad thatit’s come to that but I feel it’s necessary.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Onfield discipline is the responsibility of the captan, something jako has been sadly lacking in...

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Onfield discipline is the responsibility of the captan, something jako has been sadly lacking in...
A captain can’t stop a player from a stupid penalty

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope he’s also working overtime on overhauling our defensive structures cos that right edge was diabolical

I’m really interested to see his selections today

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would've really liked to know what Trent was doing to try and stop all the drop ball and penalties, whatever it was it did fuck all.
I think Baz was trying to treat the symptom not the cause. more drills so you don't drop the ball rather than addressing why they are dropping it in the first place.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won’t get fixed with an “honesty session” major issue with our ill discipline is we simply lack fitness and a low skill set both in attack & defence. The side has a very low football IQ across the park & no genuine leader in the middle.
Maybe not, but a little bit of effort to get onside, get off the player and back square a marker save the team-wide effort of repeat sets. Knowig we are one of the unfitted teams means we have to do those unselfish little effort areas better than our what happens atm.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
ill discipline wont matter this weekend considering we have cummins as ref again

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Nice one Mick, well played sir, let Cummins know that we have addressed our discipline problem and he shouldn't be penalising us out of this game. Potter can now sit in the press conference and say "we don't have discipline problem, we worked on it in every training session this week and eliminated it, what we do have is a refereeing problem". He's resetting the agenda with the refs, hopefully he is doing the same with the players.

Always a Bulldog

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You mean the temp front man Harry charade?

Nothing groundbreaking in this statement I'll be more interested in the team selected later today, which i assume will be all on him.
No...I am talking about the charade of Mick Potter coaching the FG squad. He was picked from coaching Mounties ahead of FG assistants and for only short term while the Barrett dust settles. I still expect a new coach to be announced in the next week or so..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No...I am talking about the charade of Mick Potter coaching the FG squad. He was picked from coaching Mounties ahead of FG assistants and for only short term while the Barrett dust settles. I still expect a new coach to be announced in the next week or so..
Yeh "Harry" Potter! This is what I meant too.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The message before kick off should be “First one to give away a penalty that directly results in the dragons scoring will be hooked for the game and dropped next week”.

Its sad thatit’s come to that but I feel it’s necessary.
Sounds like my U10s, I hook whoever goes over the side line lol

Its like there are magnets and the whole team get pulled to them lol

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bit hard to stay disciplined when we get fucked over by the refs for so much as breathing on field.

Can't help but think us getting sponsorship for anti betting is fueling that backlash.