News Potter issues challenge to Dogs

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hey bruv,

i see it differently because of my optimism, not desperate, but keen to coach us, yes it’s an opportunity for him to get back into the role, and yes his son is here. So obviously that’s an attraction, but he will not keep Kyle in the side if he’s no up to it, which is a positive, and the fact with opportunity he actually wants it enough and wants to coach us will be a big thing. He will have something to prove and like anyone, if you are applying for a new role that you want. Then of course you will drive it home an tell them what you want them to hear. Part of human nature.

I just read between the lines a little, and I feel he will be great for the bulldogs going forward. He instils confidence in me, and I like how he has expressed wanting this gig. Best coach floating around and we can only benefit if he stays true to his words :grinning: My two cents lol.
Yeah I don’t know weather it’s optimism or we are all just desperately wanting to see something that is better than what we have endured over the last few years. I respect everyone’s opinion that want’s Flanno to coach, I understand where that want and need comes from, But I don’t and that’s not negative on my part it’s just an assessment of the facts and the baggage he comes with. All I see is a bloke who is desperately trying to resurrect a career that he single handedly destroyed himself and the fact that his reserve grade standard son is our starting halfback just puts the cherry on top for mine. All I see are his mates in the media pushing him into the job day after day, have you ever asked yourself why? Don’t confuse negativity with perspective scoob, mine is just different to your’s on this subject.:grimacing:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t know weather it’s optimism or we are all just desperately wanting to see something that is better than what we have endured over the last few years. I respect everyone’s opinion that want’s Flanno to coach, I understand where that want and need comes from, But I don’t and that’s not negative on my part it’s just an assessment of the facts and the baggage he comes with. All I see is a bloke who is desperately trying to resurrect a career that he single handedly destroyed himself and the fact that his reserve grade standard son is our starting halfback just puts the cherry on top for mine. All I see are his mates in the media pushing him into the job day after day, have you ever asked yourself why? Don’t confuse negativity with perspective scoob, mine is just different to your’s on this subject.:grimacing:
Oh I get where your coming from 100% bro, I hear your concerns loud an clear, and respect anything you say. and who ever else feels that way too, that’s why it’s good we all see things in a different light, how boring the world would be if we all agreed with one another :tearsofjoy:

yes he is trying to resurrect a career, and his mates are pushing. Mostly the key points i took from it all. and the words that stood out to me , which is what I loved and why I am backing him , is because he said..

“will drop his son, and Kyle knows that”

“drop under-performers”

“I would love to coach the bulldogs”

only a few main phrases. But to me its want to be here, not just for the hell of it, even though it may look that way.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Oh I get where your coming from 100% bro, I hear your concerns loud an clear, and respect anything you say. and who ever else feels that way too, that’s why it’s good we all see things in a different light, how boring the world would be if we all agreed with one another :tearsofjoy:

yes he is trying to resurrect a career, and his mates are pushing. Mostly the key points i took from it all. and the words that stood out to me , which is what I loved and why I am backing him , is because he said..

“drop under-performers”

only a few main phrases. But to me its want to be here, not just for the hell of it, even though it may look that way.
I like the fact that he is publicly coming out saying he wants the job. It makes a refreshing change from the media putting a negative spin on our coaching position like it is the kiss of death for whoever is the next coach

I think Flanno sees similarities between us and where Cronulla were when he first took over there. He has the experience of taking a club from the bottom to the top and thats exactly what we need.

He isn't everyones preferred choice because of his tainted past, and that's understandable, but for me he is the man for the job and I see nothing wrong with him coming out and saying he wants it

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

“drop under-performers”

We might disagree on this subject scoob but we have shown a few kennellers what an adult conversation, with a difference of opinion, and mutual respect looks like.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We might disagree on this subject scoob but we have shown a few kennellers what an adult conversation, with a difference of opinion, and mutual respect looks like.
Absolutely Maroon. It’s just how it should be, have to be able to agree to disagree even when ya don’t like or share the same views, it’s each to their own and makes you no less of a person or FAN/supporter just be has you want someone else or rate someone else. Especially when it comes to players. I figure we all here for the the LOVE we have for BULLDOGS we support. So when you look at it as a whole then yes we all agree and share that.!!

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something basic and routine that should have been drummed into them before this as routine ...but apparently hasn't.

Get that discipline sorted then pressure and possession is relieved greatly.

KISS tactics the first task to give to these dumbos.
I find our tackling technique as a key factor in our perceived ill-discipline.

Too many high tacklers and ineffective 2nd or 3rd tacklers which don't get attackers on the ground or don't roll them over.

It results in conceding either quick PTB or our tacklers aren't square at PTB or lying in the ruck or penalised when wrestling the plater fir too long. We are horrible to watch.

Fix this and it will go a long way to rectify the issues.

The amount of times I see a dorky looking JMK or JJ with his hand stuck in the tackled players ball carrying arm, is dumbfounding.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every week its the same. We give away the first penalty in record time usually followed up with an error next time we have the ball. Switch that around different week, same deal.
How many times have you thought 'this team is dumb'.
Its been the same for years.

Now add to that zero attack. So when we get our first opportunity 10-15 out from the try line it is a rarity that we score, apply pressure, look dangerous, repeat sets etc.

Defense wins games blah blah blah but with zero attack and never getting on the front foot we never play with confidence which compounds the issues and we crumble. We never lay a platform to build off and to add to that we have no on field leedership.

Then there is poor fitness.

We have a deep seated loser mentality. We been playing park footy for years and haven't evolved. We are years behind.
Our interim coach telling us here what is so obvious to anyone thats ever watched the game of rugby league. Disiplin with the ball and dont give away dumb penalties because we simply cant afford them.
Its been as if we havent even had a coach and we just rock up game day without a plan.

Long road ahead.
Bingo.
This won't be an easy fix.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I'd like the return to Belmore games to be closer to the start of the season (Like round 3/4) and another towards the backend of the season (last 4 rounds). The weather is better, and if we are going well, or even early in the season, a bigger turnout should be expected. I'd fly down for one of those, but not while it's in May. Too used to QLD, and I've done plenty of Belmore games when I was younger in the middle of winter. Enough to know better these days.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find our tackling technique as a key factor in our perceived ill-discipline.

Too many high tacklers and ineffective 2nd or 3rd tacklers which don't get attackers on the ground or don't roll them over.

It results in conceding either quick PTB or our tacklers aren't square at PTB or lying in the ruck or penalised when wrestling the plater fir too long. We are horrible to watch.

Fix this and it will go a long way to rectify the issues.

The amount of times I see a dorky looking JMK or JJ with his hand stuck in the tackled players ball carrying arm, is dumbfounding.
It also looks like the 7 dwarfs trying to put a giant on the ground and failing.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The refs are still going to favour the opposition mate. We are dead last and the NRL are going to ensure we stay there.