Opinion Potter did more with less

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This thread is nothing short of naive adding the point Potter is a Fkn coach in this team ffs.

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potter and the team had no pressure last year
More bollocks. News flash - the competition doesn’t suddenly get easier with less pressure week to week once a club gets a new coach. You’ll still get a tough and determined opposition week in week out. Our footy looked the best it’s ever been in a decade under Potter and that fact should’ve been taken far more seriously.

Instead we’ve gone for a young rookie coach and paying him millions lol. Gus has a lot to answer for

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a crock of shit
Sad to see that this absolute loser culture extends to the club forums as well
I go the other way, people like you hyping up our shit rosters and players for far too long has led to a culture of keeping these mugs around. This team barely is bottom 5 at it’s best

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s a good point. The cupboard is bare. But it doesn’t excuse how bad we are travelling. Not to mention Ciraldo’s recruitment decisions and positional selection blunders.
WHAT? Don't just blame CC, man..... Remember Burton is stealing your lads thunder, and Mahoney is just a waste of space with all his dud plays... Where would we be if we'd only kept JuNK. Top 4 for sure.. don't you think?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More bollocks. News flash - the competition doesn’t suddenly get easier with less pressure week to week once a club gets a new coach. You’ll still get a tough and determined opposition week in week out. Our footy looked the best it’s ever been in a decade under Potter and that fact should’ve been taken far more seriously.

Instead we’ve gone for a young rookie coach and paying him millions lol. Gus has a lot to answer for
We performed poorly under Potter too and had some terrible losses. To say pressure is not released is wrong. Potter is the attack coach now, do you think he has nothing to do with our attack?

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah traditionally he has. But in today's society a man can be a woman and a woman can be a man... who could deny that JR couldnt identify as a 7?
I'm a lesbian, but I identify as a white straight male. What's your point?

Bitemarks

mmm tasty ear
Reaction score
Next time OP thinks I just had a brain fart, should I start a thread? Just don't.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not going to even comment about JR. He has enthusiasm in spades, he is dedicated, has the right attitude and the willpower to match any adverse condition thrown in his path and above all his heart is in the right place, but it is 2023 and the game is changing at a rapid pace... even the legends from just a few seasons ago would be hard pressed to lace up a pair of boots and keep pace with the game for a full 80 minutes.

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fk off waterboi - admins pls change this karnts title to kennel dropkick

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And how

hey genius, how much say do u think he has between ciraldo and gus? The selections are sh@t and we finished 12th, so let me know how we are any better?
2022 we won 25% of our games up until round 8
2023 we have won 37.5% of our games to date (round 8)

Therefore we are still better then 2022

Numbers don’t lie, genius.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Too early to judge CC still but next 4 games will tell us a lot about the coach and the team this year. Dragons, Raiders, Warriors and Titans before the bye. All winnable imo although raiders at Suncorp will be tough due to short turnaround.
If we go 0-4 then I’m putting us in the wooden spoon conversation.
1-2 wins likely same position as last season.
3-4 wins then we’re still a shot to make the 8.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I won't get my hopes up regarding making the 8 just yet but I am hoping we continue to put in 100% every single game whether it be a full strength squad or a patched up band of riff raff.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
CC is trying to cement a certain style of footy, we need to be patient, and it will come together when troops return and we sign better players! We are not winning the comp, our expectations need to be realistic!
And if it doesn't all come together we could always get Barrett back for Round 2. We will run in the bottom 4 this year. Injuries are a convenient excuse this season for the playing group.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This club has some smart and astute supporters but geez there sure are some really dumb ones.

NovaScotiaDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
If we didn’t cop those injuries, we’d still be 3 and 5 and you wouldn’t have your excuse. If Melbourne and the Cowboys didn’t get smashed with injuries, we’d be 1 and 7.

Ciraldo is a dud. I told you all he would be from the beginning.

Swoosh, nothin’ but net!
Ok Nostradamus pull your head in, stop the drugs and alcohol and leave that tiny thing alone. Your not with the players as often as the coaches and Gus. We have a very good squad when available and will get even better next year. Yes we have weaknesses in certain positions but we have several waiting in the wings and money to spend. The injuries have been heartbreaking but that too will improve. Isn’t that bar stool your sitting on upside down, no wonder your so upset that would hurt.