Opinion Potter did more with less

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Burton might come good but he’s shows he doesn’t relish being the dominant half. So if we had one he can have more room to do he thang.

jcdogs84

Waterboy
Reaction score
In my thread last month I showed that we do indeed make metres which indicates the forwards are ok.

We are the chistopher reeves of the nrl.
Our problems are purely spinal.

A proper fullback
An organisational half
Even Burton I’m not convinced. He floats in and out too much. Even Jack cogger and frawley turned it on every few games.

Crichton is a luxury we didn’t need. He might make it at FB but he might not
God bless Christopher Reeve, that man could fly....BUT what we need right now is some of that that Stephen Hawking IQ...if the boys implemented his theories into practice we would surpass one the dimensional plays...

I hear you Nash, but I'm backing Burto (and not in a homosexual way...but that's cool for anyone who does), there was one game I thought Frawley could bring it....but the next he didn't...

Theres gotta be light at the end of the tunnel I guess.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw why did we not have any halfback depth this year? What was the plan of flanno broek his leg round one?

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
God bless Christopher Reeve, that man could fly....BUT what we need right now is some of that that Stephen Hawking IQ...if the boys implemented his theories into practice we would surpass one the dimensional plays...

I hear you Nash, but I'm backing Burto (and not in a homosexual way...but that's cool for anyone who does), there was one game I thought Frawley could bring it....but the next he didn't...

Theres gotta be light at the end of the tunnel I guess.
You’re not wrong Uleh.

This is how the squad would look today if I was in control 2 years back.
1 Meaney
2 Foxx
3 Schoupp
4 Averillo
5 Kiraz
6 Burton
7 Townsend
8 TPJ
9 Mahoney
10 King
11 Preston
12 *strike player cheaper than Kikau
13 Thompson
-
14. Benji then Frawlwy this year
15. RFM
16 Pele
17 Waddel

jcdogs84

Waterboy
Reaction score
You’re not wrong Uleh.

This is how the squad would look today if I was in control 2 years back.
1 Meaney
2 Foxx
3 Schoupp
4 Averillo
5 Kiraz
6 Burton
7 Townsend
8 TPJ
9 Mahoney
10 King
11 Preston
12 *strike player cheaper than Kikau
13 Thompson
-
14. Benji then Frawlwy this year
15. RFM
16 Pele
17 Waddel
I'm nodding to this, Townsend sends off Kimoorley vibes hard. Still sketchy about Frawls to the wall though... but each to their own.

Who coaches?

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we didn’t cop those injuries, we’d still be 3 and 5 and you wouldn’t have your excuse. If Melbourne and the Cowboys didn’t get smashed with injuries, we’d be 1 and 7.

Ciraldo is a dud. I told you all he would be from the beginning.

Swoosh, nothin’ but net!
Bottom 4 spine = bottom 4 team
Coach or no coach

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just because Potter is the attacking coach doesn’t mean Ciraldo isn’t cutting his grass. I don’t think Ciraldo has the faintest idea what he’s doing, tbh.
Completely agree. CC is over ruling Potter. The players aren't allowed to attack or play the way Potter wants them to. Caroldo doesn't know how to pick a team or using the right players in the right positions. When to bring the right players of the bench at the right time. They are playing like they don't want to be there and not interested in winning. They keep saying they are trying to find their style of play. Obviously their style of play is how they played the Storm. And then they went away from it as usual.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Comps more even this year
Potter had the benefit of no pressure
I was a big fan of Potter as coach, but if he had the missing pool of talent as CC has had, last years team would have lost by 20-30pts more each game.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mick Potter had us playing better than this rabble. Even with the injuries CC, aka barrett 2.0 , has more to work with. Just pathetic.
Burns, flanagan, averillo, perham, should never see first grade again.
Reed, sutton, rfm, burton all need a kick up the as* after the last few weeks.
Seriously nearly the whole team is out and injured and yet at least these boys are trying I'm just happy that we Aren't getting flogged each week the last two weeks we had chances of winning.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mick Potter had us playing better than this rabble. Even with the injuries CC, aka barrett 2.0 , has more to work with. Just pathetic.
With the number of injuries we've had this season I 'm not sure that potter was an worse off cattle wise.

Bbyss

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck we got some dumb supporters..
Everyone was expecting us to get thrashed by Cronulla because of the injuries (11 players out) and we were still in the game, now I see this post.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Facts -

Potter said himself he just took the shackles off and let them back themselves to play footy.

We are smashed with injuries.

Its that simple yet some fans think they can do a better job of re-arrange the deck chairs on the titanic than the professional coaching staff that spend their working week with the players and have years of experience coaching at the highest level of rugby league in the world.